Seth94 - Relics of Power 4 -Remnants of Tinnos

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Seth94 - Relics of Power 4 -Remnants of Tinnos

Post by Jorge22 » 12 Apr 2017 20:09

Let's put it this way: I have an almost full life and a large medipack and that's it as I can't see anything else, at least not so far. I think I found the same weapons as you but the ammo is pretty scarce. Right now I have 7 revolver bullets, 10 grenades, no uzi ammo, no shotgun ammo... hmm, I haven't actually found the MP5 although I found some MP5 ammo. I have four complicated paths ahead, stupid mosquitoes that will drain my much needed health unless I shoot them down right on the spot (so I have to choose between health and ammo). And I'm definitely not going to start with the water room.

As Suz said, I don't know if I can finish. I think this is terrible design but the truth is different strokes for different folks.

And to think I really, really enjoyed the first level... :roll:
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 12 Apr 2017 20:28

José wrote:
12 Apr 2017 16:09
Here you go:
savegame.0
You have no idea what this means to me! Thank you so much Jose! :sunny:

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 12 Apr 2017 21:27

Ok forget it... the water room is the last straw! I guess I'm not a good player and should be playing hidden object stupid games! I'm with you Jorge!!!

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 12 Apr 2017 21:52

Suz - here's a savegame past the worst of the water traps......carry on girlie-girl!
Attachments
savegame.13
(15.58 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
Of doggie candle fame!

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 12 Apr 2017 22:12

José wrote:
12 Apr 2017 19:45
EDIT: I think perhaps you played the water area first... :roll:
That is one of the fairest UW blade rooms, doable without medis at all - just find the right spot.
hmm, I haven't actually found the MP5 although I found some MP5 ammo. I have four complicated paths ahead, stupid mosquitoes that will drain my much needed health unless I shoot them down right on the spot (so I have to choose between health and ammo). And I'm definitely not going to start with the water room.
Jorge, MP5 makes a tremendous difference. It's right at the end of the second level, it may be worth to go back there.

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 13 Apr 2017 00:04

mugs wrote:
12 Apr 2017 21:52
Suz - here's a savegame past the worst of the water traps......carry on girlie-girl!
Thanks mugs with all my heart...but I don't think I can finish :(

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 13 Apr 2017 02:02

if I can, you can - just holler if you need help!
Of doggie candle fame!

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 13 Apr 2017 07:34

In the room with several switches, several trapdoors, the monkeyswing and the small pool there is an extra large medipack if the player discovers the secret:
SpoilerShow
Don't use the switch in the niche near the top of the bridge, but drop to the bottom (jump into the small pool) and use the switch in the crawlspace. Then use the switch in the SE niche. Now use the trapdoors in W wall to jump to the high niche with the switch in E wall and use it. Drop to ground floor and use the switch on the SW block. Again, use the trapdoors in W wall to go to the top of the bridge and to the open door to get a large medipack.
In the other secret places there is only ammo.

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 13 Apr 2017 07:59

I'm agree with Jorge and Suzanne.
Anyway, if someone finish this third level without health and wants to finish the game, here is a savegame at the very end, with all four gems, 3 small medipacks and 4 large medipacks. In the last level, players can found an extra medipack by discovering the last secret (easy, in the first lava pit) and two more large medipacks in the final battle area.
savegame.0
(15.58 KiB) Downloaded 13 times

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 13 Apr 2017 16:19

Here's the builder's feedback to some of the foregoing observations, posted at another site:

I've noticed whilst reading various threads relating to part 4 a few comments regarding difficulty in this section. Now I only have an account on TRF so I can't reply to various posts on other forums which is sometimes frustrating so I will post a few comments here.

Part 4 is actually one of the easiest in terms of difficulty; probably only part 1 rivals it. I've seen posts where players say there is a lack of medipacks or ammo, and they blame the design for this. Based on most statistics that have been posted, the tests by my beta testers and my own personal playthroughs and tests this is certainly not the case. In fact, most statistics screens show that no health packs have been used at all, and I finish most playthroughs with well over twenty medipacks. I am more than fair when it comes to pickups in all the levels of Relics of Power. If you decide to play through the game carelessly or avoid picking up items (and don't try and gain the benefits of any items from secrets), then you likely will struggle to complete the levels. But then don't blame the design for this. Also remember that these are levels 13 to 16 in the overall game so it's not supposed to be ridiculously easy, like part 1 was. There are a few tough elements to part 4, (level 3 mainly), which require good timing and skill, but are very much completable without the use of health packs or any loss of health - namely the underwater section of Remnants of Tinnos. In fact, there are only a couple of traps in this area that require good skill to pass; the others are all very easy.

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 13 Apr 2017 17:27

well, all I can say, with all due respect, is you can't possibly know what a player encounters until you have "walked a mile in their shoes". That's why we created a Stuck Forum to lend help to anyone who is struggling. I'm getting old, my eyesight is changing, my reflexes aren't as responsive as they were even a year ago......but I sure do love the game and I'll keep playing until my nephew comes in and has to use pliers to break my grip on the control key!

a quick edit before Gerty comes in and scolds me for being off topic: I found 5/13 secrets and used 25 medpaks! and I finished the game.
Of doggie candle fame!

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 13 Apr 2017 18:01

If you take all secrets, this is indeed the easiest episode.
If you take no secrets, no idea - but someday I may attempt pistols-only and check.

I usually have only two rules of rating the balance:
- the game should be playable pistols-only, no-medikits
- if you collect all pickups you should never run out of limited ammo.

^ I think these two ways should be always confirmed during betatesting.
Only this way you can satisfy all players. (Because you can no matter what's said.)

mugs wrote:
13 Apr 2017 17:27
I'll keep playing until my nephew comes in and has to use pliers to break my grip on the control key!
Great puzzle idea. Separate an NPC from a keyboard so communication for further hints is possible.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 13 Apr 2017 18:34

mugs wrote:
13 Apr 2017 17:27
I'm getting old, my eyesight is changing, my reflexes aren't as responsive as they were even a year ago......but I sure do love the game and I'll keep playing until my nephew comes in and has to use pliers to break my grip on the control key!

I found 5/13 secrets and used 25 medpaks! and I finished the game.
Several good reasons to count your blessings!

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 13 Apr 2017 19:04

DJ Full wrote:
12 Apr 2017 22:12
hmm, I haven't actually found the MP5 although I found some MP5 ammo. I have four complicated paths ahead, stupid mosquitoes that will drain my much needed health unless I shoot them down right on the spot (so I have to choose between health and ammo). And I'm definitely not going to start with the water room.
Jorge, MP5 makes a tremendous difference. It's right at the end of the second level, it may be worth to go back there.
Thanks a bunch for the tip. I did as you said and I'm now at the same point where I was, only I have 2 small medipacks, 2 large medipacks, 40 uzi ammo, 29 desert eagle ammo, 4 shotgun ammo, 7 grenade gun ammo and 360 mp5 ammo. Let's see what gives...
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 13 Apr 2017 22:52

Phil wrote:
13 Apr 2017 16:19
Here's the builder's feedback to some of the foregoing observations, posted at another site:

I've noticed whilst reading various threads relating to part 4 a few comments regarding difficulty in this section. Now I only have an account on TRF so I can't reply to various posts on other forums which is sometimes frustrating so I will post a few comments here.

Part 4 is actually one of the easiest in terms of difficulty; probably only part 1 rivals it. I've seen posts where players say there is a lack of medipacks or ammo, and they blame the design for this. Based on most statistics that have been posted, the tests by my beta testers and my own personal playthroughs and tests this is certainly not the case. In fact, most statistics screens show that no health packs have been used at all, and I finish most playthroughs with well over twenty medipacks. I am more than fair when it comes to pickups in all the levels of Relics of Power. If you decide to play through the game carelessly or avoid picking up items (and don't try and gain the benefits of any items from secrets), then you likely will struggle to complete the levels. But then don't blame the design for this. Also remember that these are levels 13 to 16 in the overall game so it's not supposed to be ridiculously easy, like part 1 was. There are a few tough elements to part 4, (level 3 mainly), which require good timing and skill, but are very much completable without the use of health packs or any loss of health - namely the underwater section of Remnants of Tinnos. In fact, there are only a couple of traps in this area that require good skill to pass; the others are all very easy.
Thanks for sharing, Phil. :)

Well, this is, in fact, nothing new. We've all seen this kind of builder's viewpoint time and again. ;)