players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Owin - The Palatium of Amkh - The Palatium of Ankh

Post by Jorge22 » 23 Feb 2017 15:12

Wow, what a huge and tough level!

Anyway, I left the pillar puzzle for last as I didn't really understand what I had to do after using the rope. There was an explanation here (deleted because of the forum's problems) but I still didn't get it. Maybe I'm thick but how do I get the pillars to the upper levels?

One more thing, please, as I have so little health and no medipacks: in the room where Lara picks up the Scarab Talysman and all the scarabs come pestering out of the walls, what's the quickest way to get the door open?
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Owin - The Palatium of Amkh - The Palatium of Ankh

Post by vimmers » 23 Feb 2017 16:10

if i recall right you need to step on some tiles at the entrance
sometimes 2 tiles sometimes only 1 tile
there are 4 or 5 tiles to step on i think
rgs vimmers
hit f5 often in the forum

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 23 Feb 2017 16:48

I just jumped back and fro continuously until the gate opened. And after that it wasn't a piece of cake either due to the lack of health.

Now... The pillar puzzle remains a puzzle to me. I read a few things about getting some down to get some up and whatnot but can't make any sense of it. :dunno:
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

MrJavi94
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MrJavi94 » 23 Feb 2017 18:33

I spent nearly an hour of in-game time to finally accomplish that damned puzzle. It's possibly the longest one I've ever seen in a TR custom level.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 23 Feb 2017 18:46

It does seem blatantly long, doesn't it? I got one pillar up one floor and one down by the other pushable and that's all I managed, probably badly. So, I didn't save there - better start all over again.
A lot of people complain about long pushable puzzles. I understand this one's, hmm, better, but still...

A complete walkthrough for this part would help me.

Theda

Post by Theda » 23 Feb 2017 19:55

It is really not that hard, my god we explained it know several times.

On the ground floor use those 2 spots for 2 of the pillars. When you move the first, it sinks down but moves another block up. After you used the second pillar the first one comes up again. To change the various pillar heights on the various levels you have to move them back and forth. So the one that came up again after you placed the second one should be moved away and back on the tile to make it sink again, the other one come up as well as one on the first floor. After you got your first pillar on the first floor move it on the tile that raises/lowers the block in the corner to the next floor. Than use the ones on the ground floor, to lift this pillar as well. The whole thing takes about 20 minutes.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 24 Feb 2017 10:20

I guess you have but not to me, not to us... I don't remember seeing anything here. :?

Anyway, thanks for the explanation. :)

And it's that hard, believe me... Unless you already know how it is. :idea:

Theda

Post by Theda » 24 Feb 2017 18:33

Jorge22 wrote:
24 Feb 2017 10:20
I guess you have but not to me, not to us... I don't remember seeing anything here. :?

Anyway, thanks for the explanation. :)

And it's that hard, believe me... Unless you already know how it is. :idea:
You might not have seen my response the other day, due to the hack, there was also at least 2 other posts regarding this. It is actually very easy when you read all the clues several people have given. It just takes a bit of time.

Will Raider

Post by Will Raider » 25 Feb 2017 01:50

Hey guys. I am looking for the last gem. I have completed the two semi-levels (Sobek & Ammet) and have looked everywhere in the main second level. I have 3 gems so far and looking for the last one. I got 1 gem in the main level & 1 in each of the semi-levels. The question is, where did I miss the last one? Anyone know?

Simone

Post by Simone » 25 Feb 2017 09:17

There are two gems in the main level, tell me what you have taken so I say where's the other or look for you

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 25 Feb 2017 16:25

Ok. The pillar puzzle doesn't work as smoothly as that (I haven't managed to get the floor up on the first platform) and, taking into account the length of it all, isn't really enjoyable. I mean the pillar puzzle, not the game as a whole, although it could well do with more medipacks.

So, I'm not even going to dare ask anyone to use my save and do the puzzle for me but if somebody happens to have a save to share at the ending of it, it would be appreciated. :)

Theda

Post by Theda » 25 Feb 2017 23:10

Will Raider wrote:
25 Feb 2017 01:50
Hey guys. I am looking for the last gem. I have completed the two semi-levels (Sobek & Ammet) and have looked everywhere in the main second level. I have 3 gems so far and looking for the last one. I got 1 gem in the main level & 1 in each of the semi-levels. The question is, where did I miss the last one? Anyone know?
There should be 2 at the place where you actually have to place all four as far as I a remember.

Will Raider

Post by Will Raider » 26 Feb 2017 01:09

Thanks for the replies Simone & Theda. Since Theda has given a clue. I only found one gem in that area and that's in the underground cave with the giant scorpions. I explored the water area and the area with the axes, ropes and the timed trap door. Although there was two underground tunnels where the quicksand is. One of the tunnels had a secret and the other I couldn't jump up because of the quicksand. I am pretty sure I explored everywhere in the water area. Any more advice?

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 26 Feb 2017 12:47

In the meantime, I played two games and I'm playing a third one. All pretty cool.

So, no saves? Really? To play the game one has to go through the ordeal?

I'll repeat: the mechanism isn't really that complicated, alright. But after I got one pillar to the first floor and to the obvious tile there there's just no way my tile will raise. And I'm actually not being that thick because the scales thing basically works with the tiles on the lower floor, right?

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 26 Feb 2017 13:42

Anybody knows where is the trigger to raise the trapdoor and can drag out of the niche this moveable?
movable.jpg