Owin - The Palatium of Amkh - The Palatium of Ankh

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Drakan

Re: Owin - The Palatium of Amkh - The Palatium of Ankh

Post by Drakan » 26 Feb 2017 15:20

Yes there is a lot to do (where jorge is blocked), I put a solution (I hope you understand (google translate)
1 In RDC, put 1 block (a) on the north location to mount it
2 place the other 2 blocks on the slots at the W
3 to stage 1 put the block (a) which is mounted in its position and move the other block (stage2) to the S / E location (left blue block).
4 Move the block (a) that is mounted on stage2 and place it on the S / W slot.
5 Go down to the RDC and pull and then push back the block, which causes the block to move up to the S / E (near the blue block).
If necessary, pull and push the 2 blocks of the RDC to raise the 2 blocks to stage 2.
6 Pull one of the blocks to the floor2 and place it in its location to mount it, and pull the second block to the S / W location. The block ascends to the floor 3.
7 Put it in its location to mount it and move the block to floor 2 to the S / E location.
8 The block goes upstairs4, go put it in its S / W location, do not try to place it in the middle, it does not work (I tried lol).
9 A door opens to the RDC, with a lever switch, which ascends or descends the RBs on floor 2 and 3.
10 You still have to mount the block that is on stage 2 to floor 4 and then mount the blue block.

En français:
1 Au RDC, mettre 1 bloc(a) sur emplacement nord pour le monter
2 placer les 2 autres blocs sur les emplacements au W
3 à l'étage 1 mettre le bloc(a) qui est monté a son emplacement et deplacer l'autre bloc(étage2) à l'emplacement S/E.
4 Déplacer le bloc(a) qui est monté à l'étage2 et le mettre sur l'emplacement au S/W.
5 Descendre au RDC et tirer et puis repousser le bloc ce qui fait remonter le bloc au S/E (près du bloc bleu).
Au besoin tirer et repousser les 2 blocs du RDC pour faire remonter les 2 blocs à l'étage 2 .
6 Tirer l'un des blocs à l'étage2 et le placer à son emplacement pour le monter, et tirer le second bloc pour le mettre à l'emplacement S/W. Le bloc monte à l'étage 3.
7 Aller le mettre à son emplacement pour le monter et aller placer le bloc à l'étage 2 à l'emplacement S/E.
8 Le bloc monte à l'étage4, aller le mettre à son emplacement au S/W, n'essayer pas de le placer au milieu, ça ne marche pas (j'ai essayé lol).
9 Une porte ouvre au RDC , avec un lever switch ,qui monte ou descend les RB à l'étage 2 et 3.
10 Il vous reste à monter le bloc qui est à l'étage 2 à l'étage 4 et ensuite monter le bloc bleu.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 26 Feb 2017 20:41

Thanks a lot for your help, Drakan. Merci bien de ton aide. When I regain the patience I'll get back to it (not as if there weren't numerous great games to play). Quand je regagne ma patience j'y reviendrai (c'est pas comme s'il n'y avait pas plein d'autres jeux excellents pour jouer). I'll remember how boring this part was and the mean-ish lack of help when I review. Je me souviendrai à quel point cette partie a été ennuyeuse bien que la méchanceté des gens qui n'ont pas voulu aider quand je présente mon review.

Merci encore. :)

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 27 Feb 2017 09:11

Well, even with Drakan's explanation, still stucked. :?

I'm actually writing the walkthrough, and this is what I did at this moment:

...first move the pillar near the SW corner and place it onto the marked tile next to the W wall; the pillar lowers and a nearby block raises. Now move the pillar next to the E wall onto the marked tile near the NE corner. Finally move the pillar next to the S wall onto the marked tile next to the W wall (the block you raised moments ago when moving the first pillar); the pillar lowers but the block in the NE corner raises, elevating the pillar there.

Go up there and move the pillar to the corner and to the S onto the marked tile. Now go up to the platform above the entrance; there is another movable pillar there; place it onto the block left of the niche where the blue movable piece is (it descends). This raises the pillar in the NE corner so go there and move it to the S and to the W and place it onto the marked tile near the W wall...

Now drakan says:
Drakan wrote:
26 Feb 2017 15:20
5 Go down to the RDC and pull and then push back the block, which causes the block to move up to the S / E (near the blue block).
If necessary, pull and push the 2 blocks of the RDC to raise the 2 blocks to stage 2.
In my game, there is only one block in ground floor I can move (the other one is in a pit) and it doesn't matter where I move it, nothing happens in any case. :?

Drakan

Post by Drakan » 27 Feb 2017 10:08

Can you post a savegame? I do not understand everything :(

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 27 Feb 2017 10:24

Thank you, Drakan, but I think I'm on my way now. Finally got to raise the moveable pillar to the third level. :)

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 27 Feb 2017 11:47

Jorge22 wrote:
26 Feb 2017 13:47
In the meantime, I played two games and I'm playing a third one. All pretty cool.

So, no saves? Really? To play the game one has to go through the ordeal?

I'll repeat: the mechanism isn't really that complicated, alright. But after I got one pillar to the first floor and to the obvious tile there there's just no way my tile will raise. And I'm actually not being that thick because the scales thing basically works with the tiles on the lower floor, right?
Here is the savegame:
savegame.0
But this was the first task I did from the beginning of the level. I still didn't explore the other side with the deep pit all all that breakable tiles.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 27 Feb 2017 12:03

Oh, to do all that I did (rather hard, if I may say so) or not to... tough dilemma.

But thanks for the save.

I'm with José on this one. I did try it Drakan's way and the same thing happened: I still can't raise the pillar on the first floor. :(

So, I guess I'll have to try it José's way. :)

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 27 Feb 2017 12:46

If you don't want to repeat all the tasks you've already done, here is a fragment of the walkthrough. I hope it's understandable...
First move the pillar near the SW corner and place it onto the marked tile next to the W wall; the pillar lowers and a nearby block raises. Now move the pillar next to the E wall onto the marked tile near the NE corner. Finally move the pillar next to the S wall onto the marked tile next to the W wall (the block you raised moments ago when moving the first pillar); the pillar lowers but the block in the NE corner raises, elevating the pillar there.

Go up there and move the pillar to the corner and to the S onto the marked tile. Now go up to the platform above the entrance; there is another movable pillar there; place it onto the block left of the niche where the blue movable piece is (it descends). This raises the pillar in the NE corner so go there and move it to the S and to the W and place it onto the marked tile attached to the W wall. Now drop to ground floor and move the only pillar you can move once to the E and once to the W where it was; it cause the pillar descends, but also the nearby pillar ascends and lowers the block near the NE corner so move the available pillar there and go up to the niche with the blue piece: a block raised there and now you can move the pillar onto the block right of the niche where the blue movable piece is (it descends too). This way, a block raises near the W wall elevating the pillar there to a third level.

Move that pillar to the corner (N) and to the E onto the marked tile. Go back to ground floor and move again the pillar back to the marked tile next to the W wall, where it was before; it descends, but the pillar next to the niche with the blue piece ascends, so go back up there and move it again onto the block left of the niche where it was before; now the pillar on third level ascends to the fourth level. Go there and move it inside the next room and onto the marked SW tile: a block raises the pillar, another block lowers to your left and a door opens in ground floor (NW). Your next task is to bring here another moveable pillar so lets go.

Go to ground floor and repeat the same tasks to carry one of the movable pillars to the higher floor: move the only pillar you can move once to the E and once to the W where it was; it cause the pillar descends, but also the nearby pillar ascends and lowers the block near the NE corner so move the available pillar there and go up to the niche with the blue piece: a block raised there and now you can move the pillar onto the marked tile near the W wall. Drop to ground floor and to the door you’ve opened (SW) time ago; use the lever there to raise the pillar to the third level, climb up there and move the pillar to the corner (N) and to the E onto the marked tile. Go back to ground floor and use the lever again to raise the pillar to the fourth level. Go up there and move it inside the next room and onto the marked SE tile: a block raises the pillar and also the trapdoor in front of the niche where the blue piece is.

Now you know what to do, go back to the niche in second level and carry the piece up to the fourth level using the floor lever in ground floor as you did before with the last pillar and once the blue piece is in this upper room, move it onto the marked tile at the very end of the corridor (S) near the closed doors, and both doors open. Pick up the uzis and the Golden Serpent, and go all the way back to the main hall where the level started. Well, in my computer it seems that the "spoiler2" function doesn't work properly, so I'll post the fragment visible:

First move the pillar near the SW corner and place it onto the marked tile next to the W wall; the pillar lowers and a nearby block raises. Now move the pillar next to the E wall onto the marked tile near the NE corner. Finally move the pillar next to the S wall onto the marked tile next to the W wall (the block you raised moments ago when moving the first pillar); the pillar lowers but the block in the NE corner raises, elevating the pillar there.

Go up there and move the pillar to the corner and to the S onto the marked tile. Now go up to the platform above the entrance; there is another movable pillar there; place it onto the block left of the niche where the blue movable piece is (it descends). This raises the pillar in the NE corner so go there and move it to the S and to the W and place it onto the marked tile attached to the W wall. Now drop to ground floor and move the only pillar you can move once to the E and once to the W where it was; it cause the pillar descends, but also the nearby pillar ascends and lowers the block near the NE corner so move the available pillar there and go up to the niche with the blue piece: a block raised there and now you can move the pillar onto the block right of the niche where the blue movable piece is (it descends too). This way, a block raises near the W wall elevating the pillar there to a third level.

Move that pillar to the corner (N) and to the E onto the marked tile. Go back to ground floor and move again the pillar back to the marked tile next to the W wall, where it was before; it descends, but the pillar next to the niche with the blue piece ascends, so go back up there and move it again onto the block left of the niche where it was before; now the pillar on third level ascends to the fourth level. Go there and move it inside the next room and onto the marked SW tile: a block raises the pillar, another block lowers to your left and a door opens in ground floor (NW). Your next task is to bring here another moveable pillar so lets go.

Go to ground floor and repeat the same tasks to carry one of the movable pillars to the higher floor: move the only pillar you can move once to the E and once to the W where it was; it cause the pillar descends, but also the nearby pillar ascends and lowers the block near the NE corner so move the available pillar there and go up to the niche with the blue piece: a block raised there and now you can move the pillar onto the marked tile near the W wall. Drop to ground floor and to the door you’ve opened (SW) time ago; use the lever there to raise the pillar to the third level, climb up there and move the pillar to the corner (N) and to the E onto the marked tile. Go back to ground floor and use the lever again to raise the pillar to the fourth level. Go up there and move it inside the next room and onto the marked SE tile: a block raises the pillar and also the trapdoor in front of the niche where the blue piece is.

Now you know what to do, go back to the niche in second level and carry the piece up to the fourth level using the floor lever in ground floor as you did before with the last pillar and once the blue piece is in this upper room, move it onto the marked tile at the very end of the corridor (S) near the closed doors, and both doors open. Pick up the uzis and the Golden Serpent, and go all the way back to the main hall where the level started.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 27 Feb 2017 13:01

Many thanks. I bet this will be useful to many. :up:

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 27 Feb 2017 19:15

Will Raider wrote:
26 Feb 2017 02:09
Thanks for the replies Simone & Theda. Since Theda has given a clue. I only found one gem in that area and that's in the underground cave with the giant scorpions. I explored the water area and the area with the axes, ropes and the timed trap door. Although there was two underground tunnels where the quicksand is. One of the tunnels had a secret and the other I couldn't jump up because of the quicksand. I am pretty sure I explored everywhere in the water area. Any more advice?
Yes.
In the big outside area with four obelisks if you go to an opening in the S side you'll find a watery passage and at the end a big room with shallow waters and a long ladder opposite the entrance with a grate in the middle. You can find the missed gem there.

Will Raider

Post by Will Raider » 28 Feb 2017 01:18

That's strange. I could of sworn that I searched every inch of that room and still couldn't find the gem. Are you absolutely sure that it is there Jose? I would like to check myself, but I am actually playing this with a friend and the savegame is down at her house... guess I will have to find out tomorrow when I see her.

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 28 Feb 2017 08:04

Yes, I'm sure 'cause I've finished the first part of the walkthrough for that level.
(I'm actually working on "Sobek's Domain").
In that room, you climbed the ladder and follow a series of passages and pillar jumps all around the room until you reach the floor lever which is behind the grate in the ladder. That lever lowers a block just at the bottom of the ladder. If you jump into the water there, you'll find a closed square door. Now it's time to climb the ladder again and when you are at the top, turn around and light a flare...

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 28 Feb 2017 16:11

@ José and Drakan: thanks a lot, I've done the pillar puzzle? Easy? I really don't think so. And if you do something wrong you always have to get back and do things over again. But at least now it's done. Now I can move on. Not that it's going to be easy, from what I've seen, especially without medipacks and the health meter not replenishing as Lara enters a different level or (at least) sub-level. It's as if certain authors didn't want us to finish their levels or believe they've designed something so special we should all be grateful for spending the rest of our lives trying to fill in the blanks until we make it. I'm not saying the level isn't actually very interesting, what I'm saying is realistically (in a tomb-raiderish way) it could very well do with more medipacks and replenishing the health meter - imagine if everyone started building them that hard! Luckily, I know they won't. :)

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 02 Mar 2017 10:40

I've got the Hand of Orion, but still I need another Hand to use both in the main hall.
In the bluish room where the white ghosts attack I've used a floor lever at the top, and got a camera shot showing a face square door opening somewhere in a dark corridor:
door.jpg
But I can't remember where it was... :huh:

Scottie
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Scottie » 02 Mar 2017 11:11

Up in this Room
Attachments
Pic.jpg
Resistance is futile