vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

vinraider-TR Requiem all levels

Post by vimmers » 28 Dec 2016 06:26

vinraider- have sent an update to Michael
and sent this to me cos he awaiting approval to enter trle forum
and can't write here yet
I sent a fixed version of the adventure and that it should be available soon please? And that I am sorry for the troubles it caused. Actually the issues comes from some small last minute fixes before the release and I did not thought it would have such big side effects...

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: vinraider-TR Requiem all levels

Post by Dutchy » 28 Dec 2016 07:55

:-o Nice... have to play it all over for the saves if they don't work in the new version...

vinraider

Post by vinraider » 28 Dec 2016 11:28

Hi,

I am the author of the adventure.

Don't worry there is no game breaking issue so you can keep the previous version to complete the game :smug2:

In the update I:

_ Fixed the crash with 2 diary pages of the game (one in Paris, one in Inferno). Actually the corresponding txt files missed a line break.
_ Removed the inintended shortcut in Templar's Libary.
_ Fixed the spikes in the church so now you cannot complete the puzzle without the correct sequence (damn camera timer...).
_ Made the jump to the first floor of the church easier.
_ Fixed the weird issue with the Uzi in Vatican Museum. Actually to easier the "Drop your weapons here" thing I had to remove them on level jump.
_ Have shortened a balcony in the musuem courtyard so player won't be confused and try to jump to the button above the hydras without killing them first.

Again sorry these little inconveniances :embarassed:

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 28 Dec 2016 11:39

welcome vinraider, great adventure you built here!Thanks for the info

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 28 Dec 2016 12:25

Welcome. :)

So... does that also mean there is a way of only downloading the things that should be fixed?

vinraider

Post by vinraider » 28 Dec 2016 12:45

I don't think so.

The level page only links to the full updated package. I think unless you are still in Paris or Templar's Library level there is no need to restart everything as the main issues were located in Templar's Library level.
Last edited by vinraider on 28 Dec 2016 12:49, edited 2 times in total.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 28 Dec 2016 12:48

I'm still in Paris. And not really willing to download the entire package again and re-play. But I guess I'll do it nonetheless. Thanks. :)

vinraider

Post by vinraider » 28 Dec 2016 12:49

If you are still in Paris level but do not want to loose your progression, download the updated package and just copy/paste the following files in your current game directory:

script.dat
english.dat
data/templar.tr4
data/vatican.tr4

Do a backup before this action but it should work :)

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 28 Dec 2016 22:03

Deleted
Last edited by TombTitan on 29 Dec 2016 01:35, edited 1 time in total.

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 29 Dec 2016 01:34

Attention all players:

If you wish to play the revised release version (12-28-16) and are already playing TR Requiem, then you must replay the game to make new saves starting in the Templars Library level, at least BEFORE Lara is about to enter the church (where torch lamps are) for the first time. The old savegames in some areas of Templars Library will cause Lara to burn spontaneously or crash to the desktop there. The changes with the pillar to climb up in the church cause these crashes, and possibly also near the old spike pillar by the rock cliffs which is now gone completely (and an invisible wall is there until later in the level).

Most saves seem to work in many parts of TR Requiem of other levels up to the start of the dragon area in Vatican Museum. The saves in the dragon area of Vatican Museum from the first release of this game either crash to the desktop or else the dragon is just moving around but not shooting fireballs.

The saves from the remainder of the Vatican museum level after the dragon area from the original game release still seem to work (area after shooting wooden gate, laser area, museum entrance and Sistine chapel). Therefore, the shortened balcony in the dragon area seems to be only cause of having to redo this level. The saves in the Inferno or Armageddon levels also seem to still work with the revised version, however you cannot go back to earlier saves made with the first release (when using the new revised version) when you want to go to many parts of Templars Library or Vatican Museum such as redoing the game for secrets.

Dutchy:
Unfortunately, you will need to redo all of your saves for the walkthrough. The same thing happened with Tomb Raider 4: The Last Revelation in 1999 when Eidos released a revised version and rendered all of the walkthrough saves on Theresa Jenne's original fan forum site useless.

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 29 Dec 2016 06:24

deleted
Last edited by TombTitan on 29 Dec 2016 06:46, edited 1 time in total.

vinraider

Post by vinraider » 29 Dec 2016 06:33

Hi,

I've answered in the topic to give an hint for the correct sequence. I've made a mistake once but not twice :wink: I've just re-tested it on my end and there is no issue!

As for the save, unfortunately, as long as I needed to recompile the first four levels, the save won't be compatible anymore, sorry for the inconveniance.... :cry:

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 29 Dec 2016 12:02

What I did was just add my last save from the previous version (right at the very start of the second level, before Lara slides) to the new game folder. It seems to work perfectly that way. :)