Vinraider - TR Requiem - 6th level: Armageddon

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

TombTitan

Vinraider - TR Requiem - 6th level: Armageddon

Post by TombTitan » 27 Dec 2016 02:48

What is the trick for getting Lara through the doorway with the fire below the well where the 2 zombies are. Lara always freezes at the entranceway and burns if she walks or runs are used (including sprints). It is NOT possible to jump through forwards or sideways due to Lara freezing (collision bugs?). Rolls cause Lara to burn. How does Lara get through without burning.

And even if she gets through there are 2 boulders waiting to crush her.

Because of these collision bugs this may be the end of the line for this game. Vinraider needs to fix this.

For an example of these bugs, here is Lara stuck in the well (the stars are moving and the clock is running down):
armageddonbug1.jpg

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: TR Requiem - 6th level: Armageddon

Post by vimmers » 27 Dec 2016 04:08

where lara started last she was there
are a key use it at the closed door
and get a fire extinguisher
and a hint don't waste time on shooting the enemies

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 27 Dec 2016 04:25

Vimmers, thank you.
I had the key before I ever entered the well but I thought it was for much later in the level since I never thought of trying it on the closed door without a keyhole (especially since that door never opened in the third level).
I had already figured it out about not killing enemies because of the 5 minute clock.
Thanks again.

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 27 Dec 2016 07:08

I finished this masterpiece (praise to Vinraider for this exceptional custom level). The bug issues turned out to be trivial and not problematic. Only the start of the final level has a true loading bug on the screen message which hangs up and erases if you click ESC to stop Lara from being frozen on the screen. Also, there is a diary issue that crashes to the desktop on one page in the first level (Paris). And, it is tricky to get the detonator (Inferno level) where you must crawl. The 10 secrets are placed in similar fashion throughout each of the first 5 levels, but they are cleverly hidden in some cases and not always easy to get to.

As I said above, players should press ESC if the screen freezes on the start of the Armageddon level. The missing screen message is not really important to the game play, but I assume Dutchy will include it in his walkthrough (hint to Dutchy!).

Chel

Re: Vinraider - TR Requiem - 6th level: Armageddon

Post by Chel » 05 Jan 2017 02:31

Wow!!! :-o
Just finished. Awesome set of levels! Thank you for sharing with us all!
I had no problems with bugs, and I was using the original download, so maybe I was just lucky?
Some tricky parts, but nothing too difficult. I thought the challenge was just about right.
I especially liked the fast pace and non-stop adrenaline of the last level.
Hope to see more from Vinraider in the future.
Well. What to play now after that?!

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 05 Jan 2017 07:35

TombTitan wrote:, but I assume Dutchy will include it in his walkthrough (hint to Dutchy!).
'f course

Moonpooka
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Moonpooka » 11 Jan 2017 18:51

I'm being thick i know, but do we shoot Lara in the church? Walkie says "go in carefully, don’t go through that time barrier and shoot yourself (Lara in the other reality) before you can take the Grail." do we need to take the grail?
We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here and we want them now!

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 11 Jan 2017 19:06

Well, if she doesn't shoot herself it's the Apocalipse. So I guess it all depends on whether you enjoy Armageddon or not. 8)

Moonpooka
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Moonpooka » 11 Jan 2017 19:33

Jorge22 wrote:Well, if she doesn't shoot herself it's the Apocalipse. So I guess it all depends on whether you enjoy Armageddon or not. 8)
lol thank you Jorge.. :D
We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here and we want them now!

Tulilintu

Post by Tulilintu » 11 Jan 2017 23:22

That really was a fantastic set of levels. Finished it tonight. I would personally like to thank vinraider on my knees, fingers crossed, for making this masterpiece. Thank you. :blush: It's been a long, long time I've enjoyed a custom level that much.

Requiem goes to my TOP 5 forever. :roll: