Re: TR Requiem - 5th level: Inferno

Post by Dutchy » 30 Dec 2016 10:37

Tried... couldn't do it, thanks friend :2thumbsup:

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 30 Dec 2016 14:07

Only to find myself at another (almost) impossible thing, the Lara double levers..haven't quit trying yet..
Pity it had to become so hard.. Had fun so far

Drakan

Post by Drakan » 30 Dec 2016 14:56

Ah lara double, I just took the item then jump into the water and stay a few moments.
Not touched the levers

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 30 Dec 2016 15:05

:lol: really? I'll try that.. I hope this info doesn't give vinraider the idea to update the level again...
But maybe that was the intended way, because I already burn at the second lever...let alone #3 :D

EDİT: We start to think to much in levels like this... thanks for the tip, that was the way to go :2thumbsup:

vinraider

Post by vinraider » 30 Dec 2016 15:41

Indeed this is not the way to go. The intended path is to use the levers as the double goes down to reverse the symbols. If the double touches a red symbol, lara is set on fire. I should have use an "immediate kill" filpeffect instead of the fire... I've never thought of directly jumping of the water to avoid all the fires and from the feedback I had, nobody tried during the tests. But I won't send an update for this, I think the flyby is meaningfull enough to to tell the player he must use the levers. At least the ones who want to try the challenge will do so...

As for the difficulty,I did not think it was that hard, I manage to do it with between 5-10 seconds left... And generally, I added at least 5-7 seconds to each timed run compared to the time I take to make them. I though it was sufficient :(

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 30 Dec 2016 15:48

But that's the usual thing! :)

Builders find it easy because it's been inside their heads right from the start. And then, they are startled by how difficult the very same thing is for players to whom it's all shiny brand new. You ask someone how much 2 + 2 makes and everyone will say 4. Except for those who never learned basic maths. ;)

vinraider

Post by vinraider » 30 Dec 2016 16:00

That's why I systematically added time to each timed run. I also simplified most the jumps and cut a lot of "plateforming" parts in the whole adventure during the development.

The only place where I agree I did not made concessions is the elevator room in this level.

I always wanted a challenging adventure because that's also the way I like them but I assure you I tried to not make the thing impossible for lambda player.

McRaider

Post by McRaider » 30 Dec 2016 17:53

I was in the room with 4 JS and I get the key... something more here? Use the key and I am at the beginning, in the other room are high columns and levers behind the crystals...

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 30 Dec 2016 18:03

Find tour way up to the top, get the crystal and use the levers on your way down, should be relatively easy according to vinraider :D or just quickly drop down at the red beam into the water below

vinraider

Post by vinraider » 30 Dec 2016 18:15

I did not say it was a walk in the park :wink: but if you analyse and prepare your way down before doing the run, then it is possible without sweating too much^^

McRaider

Post by McRaider » 30 Dec 2016 18:29

Ok,thank you!

Edit: What I did was after taking the crystal and the cutscene, jump into the water and went up again to use the levers... so in this way it is not necessary to use levers?(if I jump into the water)... anyway, in the room where Lara loses power

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 30 Dec 2016 19:59

The levers will open the circles so the lara double can pass through, if she hits a closed one you die.. So in your case.. No need to use the levers later

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 30 Dec 2016 21:45

Vinraider is right. You must do each lever on the way down at the Lara double. When I was rechecking the game for a missing secret more than a week ago with the first version, there was a bug caused by simply jumping to the bottom of the water without doing all the levers. At first it seems ok, but then later problems start. I don't remember what they were.

This routine can be done without much trouble by making saves at strategic points on the way down.

The elevator is the worst thing in the game because the last 2 wall items are directly opposite each other and you must turn almost simultaneously to shoot. This routine can be done using only pistols but it is very hard. Make a save or two before getting to the final 2 shoots. It takes many tries, but it can be done as lots of people did it in the first version.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 31 Dec 2016 07:23

If you say so.. But after half a day of trying every possible way I can think of and not even getting to lever 3 in time, I am not really in the mood to try again. So the water seemed a good solution, we'll see where I end up. Now in the dragon cave, getting torched on every corner.

McRaider

Post by McRaider » 01 Jan 2017 17:32

I have the detonator key, not signs of the detonator or dynamite...running in circles.