Vinraider - TR Requiem - 4th level: Vatican Museum

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

TombTitan

Vinraider - TR Requiem - 4th level: Vatican Museum

Post by TombTitan » 25 Dec 2016 23:10

At the broken glass on the floor ledges (after the 4 headed dragon), Lara needs to climb a ladder in the corner to get to the higher ledges. Lara will not grab the ladder to climb up without dying from the broken glass. What is the trick to grab the ladder?

EDIT: Never mind due to forum effect. I gave it another (100th) try and Lara finally grabbed the ladder and climbed up.

TombTitan

Re: TR Requiem - 4th level: Vatican Museum

Post by TombTitan » 26 Dec 2016 01:02

Is there any way to get to the switch above the 4-headed dragon without climbing up where the dragon is?
It is virtually impossible to climb up with the dragon eating and burning Lara. I tried jumping and swan dives from the balcony area and corner slope to no avail. I have the security pass but there is no way to leave this area since I assume the switch above the dragon opens the door and/or kills the dragon.

EDIT: Never mind, I was able to climb up at the dragon after inmumerable tries with the dragon destroying Lara as much as possible. It is NOT easy!! The switch only opens a gate. The button by the entrance door is somewhat buggy. It took several pushes (while the dragon is throwing fireballs) to get it to reopen the starting door so Lara can go back before going forward.
Last edited by TombTitan on 26 Dec 2016 01:42, edited 1 time in total.

Requiemsoul

Post by Requiemsoul » 26 Dec 2016 01:40

TombTitan wrote:Is there any way to get to the switch above the 4-headed dragon without climbing up where the dragon is?
It is virtually impossible to climb up with the dragon eating and burning Lara. I tried jumping and swan dives from the balcony area and corner slope to no avail. I have the security pass but there is no way to leave this area since I assume the switch above the dragon opens the door and/or kills the dragon.
Yes. You can return. You need to press twice the button next to exit door. It´s a bit tricky becouse of the dragons.

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 26 Dec 2016 01:47

Requiemsoul, thanks. I posted my edit while you made your post. Because of the tricky button bug, I couldn't reopen the entrance door earlier so I climbed above the dragon to the switch by perseverance without going back. I'm going to replay so I can presumably kill the dragon first since I need pistols anyway to break the wooden exit door.

Thiago

Post by Thiago » 26 Dec 2016 03:43

TombTitan wrote:Is there any way to get to the switch above the 4-headed dragon without climbing up where the dragon is?

EDIT: Never mind, I was able to climb up at the dragon after inmumerable tries with the dragon destroying Lara as much as possible. It is NOT easy!! The switch only opens a gate. The button by the entrance door is somewhat buggy. It took several pushes (while the dragon is throwing fireballs) to get it to reopen the starting door so Lara can go back before going forward.
I know it's too late for this, but you went the wrong way, it's not climbing up where the dragons are. I believe you've lost a lot of health trying to climb up there.
The right way of get the switch above the dragons is by balcony area, jump to the left roof slope and press and keep hold the button "up", so lara will slide down the roof and will fall safely wherever the switch is.

raidertom

Post by raidertom » 26 Dec 2016 04:00

My way:
1. Enter the dragons room and press the button again (2 times) to reopen the door.
2. Ignore the dragons, get the keycard and leave this room.
3. Use the keycard and get back your weapons.
4. Kill the dragons and then it is easy to reach the switch.
Selfmade Javascript Minigames: http://www.magierlehrling.de/

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 26 Dec 2016 05:09

Thiago, your suggestion is not practical. I would have done that first if it was. Raidertom's method is presumed to be the intended way by the builder, and I have replayed the sequence with that approach to save health packs. It doesn't take that long to replay anyway because you have to get pistols for the next part.
I couldn't get the starting door to the laser area to reopen at first using the button due to the random trivial bugs in this game. For example, I currently have a problem getting the third picture in the Sistine Chapel to activate a sphere probably due to a minor bug that that I accidentally triggered. I am replaying that sequence to try to avoid it. There were also bugs earlier in the game with the diary.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 26 Dec 2016 05:18

the picture on the scaffolding are a switch :D

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 26 Dec 2016 05:43

Vimmers, thank you very much. I was just about to post a message about it not working, but you beat me to it with the answer. Now I know what the red hand in the diary means. Thanks again.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 26 Dec 2016 06:34

TombTitan wrote:Vimmers, thank you very much. I was just about to post a message about it not working, but you beat me to it with the answer. Now I know what the red hand in the diary means. Thanks again.
but you already did :(
TombTitan wrote: I currently have a problem getting the third picture in the Sistine Chapel to activate a sphere probably due to a minor bug that that I accidentally triggered. I am replaying that sequence to try to avoid it. There were also bugs earlier in the game with the diary.

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 26 Dec 2016 08:14

Vimmers,
I meant a second post which I did not make which would have had a picture of the painting stating that I couldn't shoot it during my replay (which had a different sequence of events from getting the security pass). I didn't know about the switch until you made your post.

Sylwia
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Sylwia » 26 Dec 2016 13:23

I need something to stun the guard... But where is it ? :)

nad

Post by nad » 26 Dec 2016 13:39

Sylwia wrote:I need something to stun the guard... But where is it ? :)
The crowbar is in the "arte religiosa" area.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 26 Dec 2016 13:41

get back to the big stairs/main hall and opposite
lara can squeeze trough the lasers

Sylwia
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Sylwia » 26 Dec 2016 13:42