Vinraider - TR Requiem - 3rd level: Har Meggido

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

cory

Re: TR Requiem - 3rd level: Har Meggido

Post by cory » 28 Dec 2016 14:56

I'm still at the beginning. I used the key on one building, got a medipack and didn't get anywhere. I checked everything with flares and there's nothing of interest in that building, can't shoot the windows either.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 28 Dec 2016 14:58

i can't recall but aren't there a lever inside that building

cory

Post by cory » 30 Dec 2016 14:01

Requiemsoul: in your savegame from this thread, which room have you been in already? Has Lara come from where the spikes are and the wraith or the opposite side? I don't want to do all the difficult jumping only to find out she's already been there. Thanks.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 30 Dec 2016 14:06

Hard to tell where you are exactly without a screenshot

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 30 Dec 2016 14:29

just open the doors and see about there are a bell in there

cory

Post by cory » 30 Dec 2016 14:38

Dutchy, that's why I was asking Requiemsoul, who posted that savegame. Vim is talking about some doors and a bell, I don't see any of those. I wanted to skip some difficult jumps so I downloaded Requiemsoul's savegame but I can't go anywhere without sweating a lot first. I'm in some very tall room with two rooms on both sides with jumping slopes. In one of them there are some spikes on the floor and a wraith flying up top. People mentioned the wraith before so I thought maybe that's where Lara came from? I don't want to go up there again and waste time if I should go up the other room (and vice versa). After that savegame it was supposed to get easier...

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 30 Dec 2016 15:54

just dl the save and you need to get out of the room she are in now
(remember to use the bird statue)
us another combination to open the other 2 doors
in the 4 lever room
i just used another combination and she hasn't being there yet

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 30 Dec 2016 20:18

There is a pic of the room I'm exploring at the top of pg. 3. I'm in the one with the two poles that she jumps forward from. I can't get Lara anywhere on the 1st pole that will allow her to jump far enough to reach the 2nd one. it seems that best vantage-point is for her to go as low as she can, but she still won't go far enough. what's the trick?

Forum Effect! Just made it.
Of doggie candle fame!

Manymee

Post by Manymee » 31 Dec 2016 02:02

cory wrote:I'm still at the beginning. I used the key on one building, got a medipack and didn't get anywhere. I checked everything with flares and there's nothing of interest in that building, can't shoot the windows either.
I was stuck there for a while just now, after making it out of the infernal Library. There is a painting upstairs in the keylocked house that you can push in. :)

Manymee

Post by Manymee » 31 Dec 2016 02:19

Moonpooka wrote:
OldNick wrote:Where lara slides down the long slide after entering the caves- why does the game seem to end - I cannot see any catch or jump to make - then she dies. Clearly missing something. Help please. Have seen moonpooka had the same issue - but solved it.
That had me stumped too as it didn't seem obvious that Lara died on that final slope, it's a trap.. so you need to back flip onto the penultimate slope, slide, grab the end of the slope then drop and grab a shimmy gap. :-)
no matter what I do, I can't even backflip - neither from the slope that leads into the L-shaped trap, nor on the first part of that slope, nor on the last. How am I supposed to do this? :?
Edit: I reloaded - back to the first slope that leads into this cave - did the twist flip on that first slope and hey presto. Giving it a rest for tonight. Truly the most challenging game I have played in a long time, and usually I would stop playing. The builder really makes you work very hard for your progress. I think the reason I keep playing is that it is masterfully built. :2thumbsup:
Without the forum I wouldn't have got far, just sayin' :2thumbsup:

Moonpooka
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Moonpooka » 31 Dec 2016 12:11

Does anyone have a save (using the old DL) from after the church door is open? I have no idea what bit i missed but my door is still closed and i'm not going through all that lever stuff again.. tia
We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here and we want them now!

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 31 Dec 2016 12:58

Moonpooka wrote:Is it the end when we slide down the long slopes shortly after entering the caves? I feel there should have been more to do.. :-(

Ok it isn't.. :D
Would someone kindly explain what I'm supposed to do there, please? Everytime I just reach a dead end and I've never seen anything like that...

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 31 Dec 2016 13:09

a little read
Moonpooka wrote:
OldNick wrote:Where lara slides down the long slide after entering the caves- why does the game seem to end - I cannot see any catch or jump to make - then she dies. Clearly missing something. Help please. Have seen moonpooka had the same issue - but solved it.
That had me stumped too as it didn't seem obvious that Lara died on that final slope, it's a trap.. so you need to back flip onto the penultimate slope, slide, grab the end of the slope then drop and grab a shimmy gap. :-)

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 31 Dec 2016 13:15

Oh! It's not at all obvious. I should have read a little more... Thanks. :)

Drakan

Post by Drakan » 31 Dec 2016 13:20

Moonpooka wrote:Does anyone have a save (using the old DL) from after the church door is open? I have no idea what bit i missed but my door is still closed and i'm not going through all that lever stuff again.. tia
Here is a save, just do action and the door opens
savegame.9
(35.49 KiB) Downloaded 45 times