Vinraider - TR Requiem - 2nd level: Templar's Library

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Vinraider - TR Requiem - 2nd level: Templar's Library

Post by SuzanneJack » 03 Jan 2017 19:38

[quote="MrJavi94"]Then my mistake, since I thought you were referring to the key that is on the high pillar in the middle of the pool. What keys or items do you have at the moment? In the room you mentioned that has been fully covered with lava you should've gotten a blue crystal and have used it to quit the area.

And now is when both download versions differ. If you're playing the updated release, you just go down and you'll find the door below open now.[/quote

Yes that is the key I have "the archives key". I did get the crystal and left that room. What door is open now? Thanks for helping.

MrJavi94
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MrJavi94 » 03 Jan 2017 19:42

Alright. You'll use the Archives key in a room that you haven't visited yet. As I previously said, you have to get to the area where you did the long jump to get the key itself. You have to approach the edge of the walkway (just where the pushblock was) and jump to the near balcony. You have to jump to that fountain room. The keyhole for the already obtained key is near that big door.

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 03 Jan 2017 19:49

I'm confused...I got up to the pushable block by exiting after using the crystal. Can you take a look at my save please?
Attachments
savegame.5
(35.12 KiB) Downloaded 17 times

Chel

Post by Chel » 03 Jan 2017 19:58

Suzanne, go to the backside of the huge building that got flooded by lava; the side opposite the pool and pillar. For reference/orienting sake face the door you opened with the key and go along the lefthand side. When you turn right at the rear corner of the building you will see some ledges you can climb. One of them has marks on it like a spike trap. The trap got disabled when you used the blue gem in the lava room, giving you a shortcut to get back onto the rock ledge. From there you can make your way back up through the iron gate you opened with the switch and back to the ledge with the pushblock.

MrJavi94
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MrJavi94 » 03 Jan 2017 20:00

You should have told me at first that this was from the original download version. Lucky you, that I have both. :D There you go. :)
Attachments
savegame.5
(35.18 KiB) Downloaded 18 times

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 03 Jan 2017 20:02

Chel wrote:Suzanne, go to the backside of the huge building that got flooded by lava; the side opposite the pool and pillar. For reference/orienting sake face the door you opened with the key and go along the lefthand side. When you turn right at the rear corner of the building you will see some ledges you can climb. One of them has marks on it like a spike trap. The trap got disabled when you used the blue gem in the lava room, giving you a shortcut to get back onto the rock ledge. From there you can make your way back up through the iron gate you opened with the switch and back to the ledge with the pushblock.
Thank you. That is where I have been. I can't see where to go from that de spiked block, but I am leaving home in a minute to get my new glasses :lol:

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 03 Jan 2017 20:03

MrJavi94 wrote:You should have told me at first that this was from the original download version. Lucky you, that I have both. :D There you go. :)
Thanks!

Theda

Re: TR Requiem - 2nd level: Templar Library

Post by Theda » 03 Jan 2017 22:02

TombTitan wrote:Dutchy,
Look at the ceiling in the cellar below the trapdoor - greek alphabet symbols (in order from the start of the alphabet -- delta, lambda, sigma, omega).

I am not sure what VinRaider intended, but when I played I lighted the torches in the greek alphabet order as listed above for each pair of those symbols. The symbols are underneath their respective torches.
I tried it now several times with the above order but always die when lighting the last torch. I somehow don't manage to jump away in time when I light the last one and can't seem to find the right order (for me delta, lambda, sigma, omega does not work). Help please!

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 03 Jan 2017 23:08

That is the wrong answer from an old post that was supposed to be deleted. The correct answer was posted by me as an answer to Mugs later in the thread.

This puzzle never worked right in the first release of the game--any answer worked in that release if Lara moved fast enough. It was corrected by Vinraider in the revised version.

The correct answer is lambda and omega (both pairs).

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 04 Jan 2017 12:11

When I did that puzzle I didn't get burned or spiked even when I was wrong :?

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 04 Jan 2017 17:48

Lucky girl... :D

Jack&
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Jack& » 07 Jan 2017 12:56

it is possible to swim against the current
i did it from the back wall and side jumped
with the back against the current

actualy i try this several times .no succes ............... i put my save game up iff anyone can doo that for me would be nice...... 8)
Attachments
savegame.0
(35.02 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
Hasta la Vista Baby ;)

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 07 Jan 2017 15:07

here ya go Jack (from the position where you had lara standing if you had faced the pool and jumped backwards then a run towards the pool aiming just a bit higher than the opening you would have made it.):
Attachments
savegame.0
(34.99 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
Of doggie candle fame!

Jack&
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Jack& » 07 Jan 2017 15:23

thx alot Mugs....... :roll: usualy i doo the hard stuff but this time simply i dont made it .........
Hasta la Vista Baby ;)

Jack&
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Jack& » 07 Jan 2017 16:04

is a upper balcony with a tree.............. there i opened a frate door just how to get there .............. also is a place at the side at the big building wich is inaccesible jumping drom a higher stone platform...............cannot jump that long to reach it ................
Hasta la Vista Baby ;)