CaC - Mordyga - The Hike

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

MrJavi94
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: CaC - Mordyga - The Hike

Post by MrJavi94 » 15 Jan 2017 13:29

I'm fully stuck in a room with an inaccesible passage due to the current and a breakable corridor that collapses as soon I step onto the first tile. The deadly spikes below it kill me and I have no idea what to do (or maybe this is for later). I have the rubber, the hook combined with the pole and the crowbar. Also have the tower key that was lying on the block with the skeleton. What could I do now?
TombTitan wrote:Even the current outstanding all-time masterpiece TR Requiem by VinRaider has some crashes in a couple of places.
I didn't experience any crashes while playing that game. Where did it crash to you?

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 15 Jan 2017 14:14

MrJavi94 wrote:I'm fully stuck in a room with an inaccesible passage due to the current and a breakable corridor that collapses as soon I step onto the first tile. The deadly spikes below it kill me and I have no idea what to do (or maybe this is for later). I have the rubber, the hook combined with the pole and the crowbar. Also have the tower key that was lying on the block with the skeleton. What could I do now?
In the breakable corridor, you need to WALK across it to reach a switch and also walk back across it. Once you use that switch, the area drains of water and you can walk through the spikes to reach a button. :) I never managed to use the hook and pole (may have taken an inadvertent shortcut there). I believe the pitchfork (to be used with the rubber to form a catalpult) isn't found until a bit later.

MrJavi94
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MrJavi94 » 15 Jan 2017 15:00

Thanks, Ryan. I wouldn't have imagined that you can't stand still while walking or else the corridor will also collapse.

I'm now stuck in this room. There's a timed lever that opens that brownish door but I can't seem to find a way to get there. Any tip is welcome. :)
Last edited by MrJavi94 on 15 Jan 2017 15:03, edited 1 time in total.

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 15 Jan 2017 15:02

Look for two movable blocks on the upper level. :)

MrJavi94
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MrJavi94 » 15 Jan 2017 15:49

I have no idea on where to find the pitchfork. However, I made it to the top of the tower and opened a trapdoor to reach the high top where some sort of catapult might be used. I'm missing something...

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 15 Jan 2017 15:59

Have you been into the well yet? If not, and if you're on top of the tower, go to the block that is closest to the well and jump or swan dive into it. This leads to an underwater passage with a sea hag and eventually to the pitchfork.

MrJavi94
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MrJavi94 » 15 Jan 2017 16:04

You mean this passage? It was once open when the area was filled with water, but it won't anymore now.

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 15 Jan 2017 16:13

I don't think the passage you mention exists for anything, except to let the area be filled with water (until you drained it using the switch). It seems to be a red herring. If you have dived into the well from the tower, there should be two passages, one at the bottom which isn't used until much later (near the level end) and one further up which should lead to a small passage with a table containing the pitchfork. I'm doing all of this from memory, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 25 Jan 2017 18:10

Since there's no walkie for this level and since I already watched it on some Youtube video by some Spanish-speaking guy that keeps talking like a parrot and still couldn't figure it out (also due to the videos extreme darkness), please, please, please, explain it to me (even if there's already something about it on this thread, in which case I'm sorry): how do I get Lara up from the starting area? Many thanks indeed.

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 25 Jan 2017 18:21

@Jorge
A little nudge in the right direction: From the starting area, you can jump into the water which has a current that will transport you to an area with a waterwheel. From there, the next room has a few ledges to jump round, a pickup to collect with the crowbar and (I believe) a lever to pull. :)

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 25 Jan 2017 18:25

Thanks. :)

But no. What I mean (sorry I wasn't explicit) is after Lara's done all that and she has the crowbar, the rubber and the whichever tool she got from combining two items, how can she get from there to the higher area opposite where she started?
I mean, I saw the guy doing it by jumping to and from a slope to the upper ledge but, quite honestly, I can't see any such slope there. And it totally looks like he did it by sheer chance - meaning maybe there's a more logical manner?

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 25 Jan 2017 18:31

Ah, OK. Do you have a hook item yet? If not, that is located beneath the area you told me you were aiming for. The hook can be combined with a pole to use somewhere, but I didn't need to. The slope jump you mentioned seems to be an inadvertent shortcut (that's actually how I ended up reaching that area, at least in the version I played, not sure if it's been fixed).

EDIT: Just noticed that you said you had the hook and pole item. There was a ladder-type structure in the starting area with a pipe sticking out of it, but I never used it. Hope this helps.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 26 Jan 2017 19:42

After getting down from a building to a room where the game crashes at times, with a tunnel where Lara can't swim due to the current and a corridor with spikes (I think this may have been mentioned before but there are no planks above the spikes on this side) is Lara supposed to jump and slide and jump and jump again and grab the wall or am I trying something impossible?

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 26 Jan 2017 19:45

Yep, that's it. It's a very tricky jump and you have to land on the far side of the last slope. Took me quite a few tries to make that jump.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 26 Jan 2017 19:50

Indeed. Just as I'd finished typing and as you yourself were typing I finally made it. It usually happens... :hammer: