CaC - Mordyga - The Hike

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: CaC - Mordyga - The Hike

Post by Dutchy » 03 Feb 2017 11:29

My game too vimmers, they all joined me on one square...

MrJavi94
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MrJavi94 » 03 Feb 2017 12:06

Mine never did such. Either I was fast enough to place the key in time or they were pretty far from me (which I don't think to be the case here). Anyway, this is a really enjoyable ending which will require a little bit of patience and sooner or later you'll manage to make it past the water mill.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 03 Feb 2017 17:56

And I am slow....
Watermill, what watermill...I jumped over a dog into the ditch, because I was on fire

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 09 Feb 2017 20:04

:angry:

:?

Hmm...........

I didn't want to post this in the proper (chat about a level) section because I didn't want it to seem like a thread-deserving rant but I think I'm done with this even after the walkthrough came out and all. I was enjoying the Ireland atmosphere and the gameplay but it's just too dark, not just dark, really dark. I was at some place (I had a key) where I had to perform a timed run to get to an opening that would only stay open for a very short time. Honestly, the only way I see it, I managed to get to a ledge on the other side of the room and jump to the opening but it's still too far. I may be doing something wrong, I don't know. There's a video walkie but it's, you got it, too dark. And, from trying to find "timed run" or just "timed" on the written walkthrough, it's like we're speaking of different things. Several days on the same thing... No, that's a tad too much. At least, I won'pt write a review saying I played most of the game. ;)

On the flip side, I decided to replay Piega's Sanctuary of Water, Ice and Fire, which it seems I last finished in March 2003, and I'm enjoying it. I guess true art works don't die easily. :)

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 09 Feb 2017 20:31

Jorge22 wrote:from trying to find "timed run" or just "timed" on the written walkthrough, it's like we're speaking of different things.
Possibly we are... I don't remember any timed run, and I played this twice :? Are you binning the correct game?
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 10 Feb 2017 01:42

nor do i but why aren't you turning up the gamma on your screen
i often do that on very dark games

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 10 Feb 2017 15:05

Do you remember that room in which you have to make a pixel-perfect jump-slide, walk on a breakable ledge, unflood the room and open an underwater entrance? And the rooms after that? Well, I'm in one of those rooms. So, I'm not binning the wrong game.

I may still get back there if only I can understand what I have to do...

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 10 Feb 2017 16:20

THIS timed run :hammer:
It's one of these you cannot instantly do, you need to prepare it. Move the block

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 10 Feb 2017 16:39

I must go but... what block?

Do I have to be able to jump from the upper ledge on the right to the entrance I just opened with the switch and somehow land inside?

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 10 Feb 2017 17:49

No, this is exactly what you prepare.
There's a block to move in this room.
Only after, you can do the timed run.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 11 Feb 2017 12:42

Jeez, it's so freaking dark I can't see any block anywhere. I'll give it another try... later. Thanks DJ. :)

Right. Lara comes from a water tunnel and has a timed lever to the right. It opens an entrance right above where she entered. The rest of the room seems empty but she can climb to a ledge on her left from where she walked in. Is this the place?

Ryan
Keen Eye of the Week
Keen Eye of the Week

Post by Ryan » 12 Feb 2017 23:34

Yes, Jorge, that's the place. If you still want to attempt the timed run, then here's a tip. There's a block on the lower level to push in to uncover a passage leading to another block to be pushed onto a ledge to give you enough height to jump/grab across to the open door. Once that's done, use the lever and jump the blocks to reach the door. It can be frustrating due to the darkness.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 13 Feb 2017 00:39

Pff! I did it. Thanks to DJ and Ryan I finally found the bloody block and did the rest of it.

And now I find myself faced with yet another tricky timed run. Any tip for this one or do I just have to be extra-fast somehow?

Ryan
Keen Eye of the Week
Keen Eye of the Week

Post by Ryan » 13 Feb 2017 00:44

No real trick here, just be as fast as you can. :) You may be able to barely see the platforms to jump to (yes, the darkness) and figure the route from there, but there's no special way to do it. Just try and be quick.