CaC - Mordyga - The Hike

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: CaCl - Mordyga - The Hike

Post by DJ Full » 08 Dec 2016 14:37

You know, it really depends on the monitor, and Mystery class is best played at night.
I did just that and had no serious issues, you should just wait for a better moment.
woof

Mordyga

Post by Mordyga » 08 Dec 2016 15:07

Circle Down wrote:
Mordyga wrote:You don't need to wait, flares won't work with young Lara I think. Anyway thanks for checking it out :)
Guess I'll wait for a YouTube walkthrough then. I appreciate the puzzles and the ideas you did, I do, but the lighting is just a dealbreaker for me. I'm sorry if I can across as harsh, I was really frustrated.
It's fine, I hope you will enjoy it no matter how you will be able to "play" it :-P

The package is now updated so no more crossing the bridge using the slopes :blank:

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 08 Dec 2016 18:29

DebyUsatai wrote:I have a rubber, a crowbar and made a hook. Any tip?
how can i do that i have a handle and the rubber + crowbar
and don't get options to combine anything

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 08 Dec 2016 20:22

You don't combine the handle with the rubber.
The rubber goes with the pitchfork, the handle with the hook.
woof

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 09 Dec 2016 01:53

yes but where is the hook

Mordyga

Post by Mordyga » 09 Dec 2016 02:00

Under the other side of the bridge.

Manuel

Post by Manuel » 22 Dec 2016 20:02

I have a catapult. Where should I go? :?

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 22 Dec 2016 20:47

you need to go to the top of the tower opened by the 2 tower keys. You will have to open a trapdoor there to reach the top.

Good luck in playing this game which I finished last night. It is one of the most ill-conceived levels in the 20 year history of Tomb Raider because the builder does NOT care about players as he has repeatedly implied in his posts in several forums when players complained about the atrocious lack of lighting. It is nearly impossible to see in many places and there is absolutely no way to improve the brightness without affecting the stability of the monitor or computer. The builder should have included flares and/or binoculars. Also, the game repeatedly crashes to the desktop in the last half of the game, and there is no clear or satisfying ending after opening the village door.

Mordyga

Post by Mordyga » 27 Dec 2016 19:15

TombTitan wrote:...
Good luck in playing this game which I finished last night. It is one of the most ill-conceived levels in the 20 year history of Tomb Raider because the builder does NOT care about players as he has repeatedly implied in his posts in several forums when players complained about the atrocious lack of lighting. ...
Excuse me?
I just said that I didn't hide anything in the darkness, and of course I can make it more bright but I don't think it would be fair because other builders who contributed to this competition won't change anything. I can't just go and add/change things that are not gamebreaking. My beta testers told me that people will complain about the lighting I was aware of that but it was my decision after testing the level on 3 different PCs, the same with flares. I wanted to stick with Young Lara which didn't have flares in chronicles. No single tester reported me the crash issues so I am sorry that it is happening to you. I tried to make the story very clear but it seems that the dog chase didn't explained that Lara was trapped in the village very well, so that's why you are leaving the village at the end. Well, maybe if it wasn't that dark you could have noticed that there is no way back when you get to the village.

If it was really that bad, you shouldn't have force youself to finish it but don't say that I do not care about players because it isn't true and it offends me.

After all it was done for people to enjoy it and if it wasn't then I am sorry but I am not forcing anything on anyone.

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 27 Dec 2016 21:07

I stand by my comments.
Mordyga, you admitted your beta testers advised you to make it lighter but you didn't. Thus you ARE at fault!

Nobody will ever care about the CaCl self-serving builders' contest. The purpose of games is to get players to play them! Do you thing Tomb Raider would ever have succedded or the game consoles as well if players did not want to play the games. Builders can build all they want, but unless they have satisfied players they are wasting their talents. The success ogf your game will be judged in the future long after people have forgotten about the self-serving contest.

I know at least one of the CaCl builders made improvements after the first release. Other custom game builders like MpGrill (Silent Hill) revised his game after the initial comments. That is the sign of a GOOD builder. Psiko who made HyperSquare (probably the best custom Tomb Raider level ever) has improved his masterpiece to make players happy. That is a GOOD builder.

All of you contest builders were under the same rules I assume, and AgentXP, Erriku, LoreRaider and ShakiraCroft all made excellent CaCl levels. Even though Erriku's level was dark in places, there was a way to see with binoculars. There was no reason you couldn't include binoculars. Young Lara is not supposed to have weapons and flares might be construed as dangerous by some. Binoculars are not dangerous and children do use binoculars.

The original Young Lara level in Tomb Raider Chronicles was never as dark as your game. I played that when it was new and made numerous forum comments in 2000 on Theresa Jenne's original forum (before trle.net). So don't compare your level with the original.

You had a good game outline and potential but marred it seriously with bad lighting! The crashes are something else and probably not anticipated. Even the current outstanding all-time masterpiece TR Requiem by VinRaider has some crashes in a couple of places.

Mordyga

Post by Mordyga » 28 Dec 2016 00:17

Thanks for your opinion, I still want to point out that I answered you on the "not caring about players" matter.
Maybe they won't care about the competition but I think it's fair to make changes after the results will be up. I hope we could still be friends after I made that decision.
It is a brightness not a gamebreaking bug after all, and nobody summed it the same way you did with "not caring".
I got some PMs but they were asking about directions and for the record I already updated the level once, so please be carefull when you will say things like that again because I get a feeling that players don't care about builders.
Maybe we are going off topic but you can bring it up via PMs or somewhere else on forums if you want to discuss more.

Thank you all for playing!

About your posts in 2000, so adorable.

alan

Re: CaC - Mordyga - The Hike

Post by alan » 14 Jan 2017 21:45

Hi :) I used the catapult, now what? I've tried to jump behind the fences of the church but Lara dies instantly...

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 14 Jan 2017 22:08

kabal wrote:Hi :) I used the catapult, now what? I've tried to jump behind the fences of the church but Lara dies instantly...
If you're at the top of the tower and have formed the catapult, stand on the edge of the tile that has bits of rock, face the stained glass window and use the catapult. :)

alan

Post by alan » 14 Jan 2017 22:11

Thank you! But now I'm inside the church with a mummy holding a key. I also found a book, but I have no idea how to get that key...

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 14 Jan 2017 22:42

kabal wrote:Thank you! But now I'm inside the church with a mummy holding a key. I also found a book, but I have no idea how to get that key...
I'm not sure if this is the right way, but, you can perform a tricky curved running jump to grab the ledge to the left of the entrance, which has a lever to open a door on the ground floor.