CaC - Erikku - The Dragon Statues

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Sylwia
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

CaC - Erikku - The Dragon Statues

Post by Sylwia » 03 Dec 2016 14:11

I'm running like a headless chicken and nothing... ;) Where is second plate? :| I have one from dark corner with tigers.

DebyUsatai

Re: CaC1 - Erikku - The Dragon Statues

Post by DebyUsatai » 03 Dec 2016 15:35

this block
Attachments
lara1.jpg

Sylwia
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Sylwia » 03 Dec 2016 16:04

:thanks:

Sylwia
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Sylwia » 03 Dec 2016 16:34

In the temple I have find 3 Prayer Wheels, I use the zip line... And? Where I could use those things?

DebyUsatai

Post by DebyUsatai » 03 Dec 2016 16:47

In the lower temple. Did you find de Mask? If not, you need jump to the other area, next to the black fence (right)

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: CaCl - Erikku - The Dragon Statues

Post by DJ Full » 06 Dec 2016 14:55

Possibly off-topic, but should I use VolFX off or on for this?
I couldn't be sure about any difference by the initial room...
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 13 Dec 2016 04:56

How do I get more flares? I can't see anything :(

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 13 Dec 2016 17:05

At least two secrets contain flares:First area, in the forest.Near the lower part of the twin temple.

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 14 Dec 2016 04:43

Thank you

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 17 Dec 2016 23:02

Is there a solution to the reload problem where this game always crashes to the desktop with either of the provided exe files?

It is impossible to restart this game if you have to stop for some reason. I suppose the problem has to do with the presence of baboons even if they are NOT shot at. I would have thought that builders would have known by now after the disastrous Back to Basics 2014 situation that these types of levels no longer work reliably with modern Windows operating systems.

The game is also way too dark and there are only 3 flares. This is a serious detriment to this game. Where are the flares besides secrets that cannot be found?

Unless the builder has a complete solution to the crash problem, it will not be possible to play this game which could have been good.

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 18 Dec 2016 01:10

TombTitan wrote:I would have thought that builders would have known by now after the disastrous Back to Basics 2014 situation that these types of levels no longer work reliably with modern Windows operating systems.
It's rather AI problem, not OS. Anyway you got it the opposite way, I think:
you should KILL the monkeys not keep them alive. At least I did that and had no issues.

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 18 Dec 2016 01:48

Thanks, I'll try killing the baboons and see if that helps.

EDIT: Yes that works--the game reloads now. Killing the baboons is the opposite of the original Core Design games, but it becomes clear later in this game when a baboon steals a key that you have to kill the baboons.

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 18 Dec 2016 08:55

EDIT: Solved

P.S. Why did the builder make 2 ways to get inside the upper temple where the prayer wheels are? The 2 plaques (which I did find and originally did not use) are not needed in this game to get inside the upper temple. However, if they are not used, they can cause savegame reload problems. I had reload problems from not killing the baboons and also from not using the 2 plaques. When I replayed the entire game the intended way by the builder and killed all the baboons, the reload problems did not occur. However, a day later when I loaded the savegames from the near-end of the game, the game still crashed to the desktop. So there are other unknown issues involved as well.

P.P.S. Likewise, it may not be necessary to get the rusty key from the baboon who steals it if you already have the 3 prayer wheels. Thus, this baboon sequence should have occurred the first time Lara returns to the river rather than after the Tibetan mask has been found.

Marksdad
Mod
Mod

Post by Marksdad » 22 Dec 2016 19:54

I can't get going in this level :(
I've shot a bunch of monkeys and birds.Climbed up trees. Swum around.
It's far,far too dark (I've used up my three flares),so it's hard to see anything.
There appears to be an underwater tunnel,but I keep getting eaten by something (although it's absolutely pitch black,so it's impossible to see what it is or be able to swim away from it)
There are several closed gates.
Is there a lever or a key?

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 24 Dec 2016 07:10

A key is in the underwater tunnel where the fish is. You must use a flare to see it. It is possible to get the key without losing a lot of health.

You can find flares in a secret area in the forest if you don't want to restart the level. You must get the key to proceed to the upper temple via the passage on the other side of the river.

There are enough flares in this level if you look for secrets first and then explore the temple areas as you play. But don't use flares unless you have to because there are not that many.