CaC - AgentXP - Temple Of Amen Ra

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

cory

Re: CaCl - AgentXP - Temple Of Amen Ra

Post by cory » 11 Dec 2016 16:26

I went left of the entrance, so it looks like I should try the right side this time. I haven't tried this because I assumed that since others had this flaming Lara problem, it could be a bug. It still might be, but hopefully I'll manage to live this time :) .

MikeTheAardvark

Post by MikeTheAardvark » 12 Dec 2016 11:28

If anyone is interested, I have an obsessively detailed commented video walk through just up on YouTube. Every pickup, every enemy, every secret. So it is much longer than you might expect.
I also give hints for new players and casual players (which also adds to the length). Bear with me if you are an expert.

Actually, I missed one pickup of desert eagle clips in the water room with the platforms and blocks. And I didn't go back to the 1st secret to kill the skeleton with the grenade gun.

Specifically, to avoid spoilers, I tackle the big red spike-a-pollusa room at the start of part two.
This is followed by the water room with the two statues in the same video.

And if you cannot find all four stars (or want to know how to get the Uzis), check out the first part.

Click here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlEDDWD ... CUktjPqk7H and enjoy.

Cheers, MikeTheAardvark.

Theda

Post by Theda » 14 Dec 2016 22:53

I am experiencing a strange bug. After I placed the 4 stones my Lara is constantly loosing health and I can't figure out why.

Maybe someone can take a look?
Thanks

Edit: I think the problem is a phoenix/eagle that I did not kill before. It was still flying around the room with all the climbable pillars. After I took care of him, Lara stopped loosing health.
Attachments
savegame.6
(35.98 KiB) Downloaded 23 times

cory

Post by cory » 17 Dec 2016 12:21

It could be the phoenix (harpy? I think of them as harpies) in the room with gold Lara. I remember that when it was stinging her, the real Lara would lose health. So technically, while you were exploring another room, the phoenix would be killing the other Lara in another room.

MrJavi94
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MrJavi94 » 19 Dec 2016 20:57

What's the deal with the nightmarish room with the statue and the impossible-to-know spiked tiles? I've moved it past the flame and also used the mechanic scarab, but it ends up burning Lara somehow. Any hints?

I don't seem to understand the actual mechanism. If I step on some certain tiles, Lara will die burnt, and if I step on some other tiles, magical spikes will pop up of nowhere.

cory

Post by cory » 20 Dec 2016 16:28

You need to place the scarab on the scarab tile right of the entrance to this room. I had the same issue (it's posted earlier in this thread) and the scarab tile on the left doesn't seem to disarm the spikes and Lara gets burned even if she jumps off the tile before the scarab does its work. (Also, when you later use the scarab again, make sure to pick it up because some people experienced Lara burning as well if they hadn't done it.) Once you disarm the spikes, you need to push the statue along the cleared path.

MrJavi94
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MrJavi94 » 21 Dec 2016 22:20

I just finished this pretty long level with 7 secrets found, two of which were a canopic jar each. The final secret has something to do with placing these somewhere?

nad

Post by nad » 21 Dec 2016 23:19

MrJavi94 wrote:I just finished this pretty long level with 7 secrets found, two of which were a canopic jar each. The final secret has something to do with placing these somewhere?
Nope. I dind't found any place to use them and got all 8 secrets.

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 27 Jan 2017 15:03

MikeTheAardvark wrote:If anyone is interested, I have an obsessively detailed commented video walk through just up on YouTube. Every pickup, every enemy, every secret. So it is much longer than you might expect.
I also give hints for new players and casual players (which also adds to the length). Bear with me if you are an expert.

Actually, I missed one pickup of desert eagle clips in the water room with the platforms and blocks. And I didn't go back to the 1st secret to kill the skeleton with the grenade gun.

Specifically, to avoid spoilers, I tackle the big red spike-a-pollusa room at the start of part two.
This is followed by the water room with the two statues in the same video.

And if you cannot find all four stars (or want to know how to get the Uzis), check out the first part.

Click here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlEDDWD ... CUktjPqk7H and enjoy.

Cheers, MikeTheAardvark.
Thanks Mike and welcome to the forum!

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 28 Jan 2017 21:37

MikeTheAardvark wrote:If anyone is interested, I have an obsessively detailed commented video walk through just up on YouTube.
I'm using it as an aide in writing a walkthrough. The first thing I did was mute the sound. The commentary is annoying, unnecessary and it unduly prolongs the proceedings. While his contribution is appreciated, the four segments could easily have been combined into one (or two at the most) if M the A had taken the time to prepare a glitch-free production.

Edit: I was a little rougher on Mike the Aardvark than was warranted. At least it's obvious that he played the level all the way through before embarking upon his video walk, and he's not floundering about aimlessly as he progresses (unlike another poster I could name). I'm finding Mike's video walk to be very helpful as I work on a written walkthrough, and I thank him for paving the way.
Last edited by Phil on 30 Jan 2017 23:22, edited 1 time in total.

MrJavi94
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MrJavi94 » 28 Jan 2017 23:13

Phil wrote:
MikeTheAardvark wrote:If anyone is interested, I have an obsessively detailed commented video walk through just up on YouTube.
I'm using it as an aide in writing a walkthrough. The first thing I did was mute the sound. The commentary is annoying, unnecessary and it unduly prolongs the proceedings. While his contribution is appreciated, the four segments could easily have been combined into one if M the A had taken the time to prepare a glitch-free production.

I'd like to help a little with the secrets, but I can't recall the location of all eight. Most of them, however, I still remember, but vaguely. I'm not willing to redo this level, since it's way too long (definitely the longest of all the CaC levels without a doubt). It took me 62 minutes in my fast playthrough, so nope. :D

kabal

Re: CaC - AgentXP - Temple Of Amen Ra

Post by kabal » 29 Jan 2017 23:03

What do I have to do here? I've pulled the jumpswitch above but it seems like nothing happens. Also, I've tried jumping on all the blue tiles and the same :huh:
Attachments
shot000.jpg

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 29 Jan 2017 23:17

You may have already done this, but near the entrance to that room, there is a statue you can move out of the way to reveal crawlspace leading to a room with (I believe) a torch you can light just outside and use it to light a bowl to turn those tiles you mentioned to a red colour.
"I've been hearing symphonies, before all I heard was silence".

kabal

Post by kabal » 29 Jan 2017 23:32

Yes, I had seen that crawlspace already but it's too small. Lara doesn't fit in it...

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 29 Jan 2017 23:56

kabal wrote:Yes, I had seen that crawlspace already but it's too small. Lara doesn't fit in it...
Ah, OK. Do you have the mechanical scarab yet? If so, it can be used on that scarab tile near the crawlspace which will open a nearby door.
"I've been hearing symphonies, before all I heard was silence".