Post by vimmers » 09 Dec 2016 15:13

you need to get closer to the rope
i think it was on right side when looking out to the rope
rgs vimmers
hit f5 often in the forum

cory

Re: CaCl - AgentXP - Temple Of Amen Ra

Post by cory » 09 Dec 2016 17:08

OK, so I made the rope jumps but now I'm stuck in the room with many ladders and a pool in the middle. I pulled a lever in a hidden alcove and then went clockwise to pull a jump switch, which opened a door in the pool, where I pulled another lever. I think I have to get up on that sand dune in the corner and I tried doing a back flip to grab the ladder in front of it but Lara won't grab the side of it, she hangs under. I tried this many times, she either grabs the wrong spot or she gets stuck sliding. Help!

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 09 Dec 2016 18:33

from the hidden alcove you can shimmy around a pillar so you can get to a monkey swing
there are 2 jumpswitches in that room first go to the sand dune and use that lever then continue
via the monkeyswing
to the other jumpswitch
rgs vimmers

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 09 Dec 2016 19:25

I'm in the same place - have pulled the jump switches and also a ceiling switch in the pool. I noticed a place up near the monkeyswing (that crosses over in the middle of the room) that is open, but you can't reach it. what's that all about?
Of doggie candle fame!

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 09 Dec 2016 20:00

Make sure you pulled all the jumpswitches.
There are also some wall levers to throw here.
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 09 Dec 2016 20:22

ok. I finally got into the space I was looking at - it was just for a secret and it involved a bit of wiggling to get lara to make the transistion on the MS.
Of doggie candle fame!

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 09 Dec 2016 20:28

In the beta, there was no going back to MS at all :-P
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

cory

Post by cory » 10 Dec 2016 12:39

Vimmers, that's where I have a problem: I can't get up that sand dune. I also didn't see how to get to that monkey swing from the alcove but that I can figure out later, I guess, but right now I'm stuck at the sand dune where I do see a lever but I can't figure out how to get up. That's what I meant when I said I do a backflip on the dune and Lara grabs the bottom of the column in front of her instead of the ladder so I can't climb up and jump back to the dune. Is there another way up?

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 10 Dec 2016 12:43

you need to get to the sand dune via the monkeyswing
from the hidden lever alcove drop back and shimmy left
u need to do this several times if u want a secret
rgs vimmers

cory

Post by cory » 10 Dec 2016 13:44

Vim, to be honest, I tried grabbing the monkey swing from a ladder that was just under the monkeyswing or next to it (on the same wall as the hidden alcove) and Lara won't grab it and I don't see anywhere else to grab (it's a big room, hard to see everything from the floor, maybe that's why). I did manage to get to the roof in a different way and from there to the dune. BUT it looks like I'm gonna have to go around this room using the ladders many times and for some reason Lara doesn't want to grab the ladders for me after the backflips anymore. I never have problems with these jumps and here it's impossible for her. I'm totally frustrated with having to make 30 jumps to actually succeed once, and that's just one ladder. So unless somebody has a save after this room, I think I'm out. Too bad because it's a beauiful level.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 10 Dec 2016 14:05

upload your save
rgs vimmers

cory

Post by cory » 10 Dec 2016 14:54

Yeah... I need to learn how to to that one day :wink: I persevered in my efforts and I did finally manage to make all those ladder jumps (can't feel my pinkie from holding ctrl). I'm glad I did, I'm just starting to realize how amazing this level is. Kudos to the designer. I'm blown away. And Vim, I was trying to grab the monkey swing from the other alcove :hammer: . I must say this game is very easy compared to some of the levels we've all played here but some of us forgot what the original Tomb Raider was like, that's why we get stuck in silly places.

AgentXP

Post by AgentXP » 10 Dec 2016 19:19

cory wrote:Yeah... I need to learn how to to that one day :wink: I persevered in my efforts and I did finally manage to make all those ladder jumps (can't feel my pinkie from holding ctrl). I'm glad I did, I'm just starting to realize how amazing this level is. Kudos to the designer. I'm blown away. And Vim, I was trying to grab the monkey swing from the other alcove :hammer: . I must say this game is very easy compared to some of the levels we've all played here but some of us forgot what the original Tomb Raider was like, that's why we get stuck in silly places.
I've seen a few people try getting on the monkey swing by running and jumping and failing for AGES - all thats needed is a simple standing jump from the alcove, but people seem to miss that :? :lol:

Glad you like the game! :2thumbsup:

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 10 Dec 2016 19:27

Great game AgentXP! Was I supposed to end the level with the two canopic jars?
Of doggie candle fame!

Theda

Post by Theda » 10 Dec 2016 23:20

vimmers wrote:from the hidden alcove you can shimmy around a pillar so you can get to a monkey swing
there are 2 jumpswitches in that room first go to the sand dune and use that lever then continue
via the monkeyswing
to the other jumpswitch
I pulled the lever in the alcove, the first jump switch, the lever on the dune and the one underwater. I also found the alcove with the secret. I still have no clue how to get the second trapdoor up so I can swing along to the second jump switch.

Help please :)