Post by vimmers » 07 Dec 2016 07:09

you need to use the slopes down from water level
rgs vimmers
hit f5 often in the forum

Cornish

Re: CaCl - AgentXP - Temple Of Amen Ra

Post by Cornish » 07 Dec 2016 07:46

vimmers wrote:you need to use the slopes down from water level
I'm not sure what you mean by that. Do you mean underwater ?

I'm here -
http://tinypic.com/r/2qrzhgh/9
All things in moderation - including moderation ! Stiebitz

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 07 Dec 2016 11:53

turn around and get up on the hand
or post a save cos i can't get down there from my saves
rgs vimmers

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 07 Dec 2016 14:07

Thanks TombTitan! The last two pillars are where I have the most trouble - if I try to save anywhere in the game after the switch Lara catches on fire. She also refuses to catch the ladder. She has also caught fire at the switch. There's definitely a bug here. anyway, if you can manage it, that would be great!
Attachments
savegame.9
(35.64 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
Of doggie candle fame!

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 07 Dec 2016 14:21

same happens here with your save mugs
maybe its outfit related
rgs vimmers

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 07 Dec 2016 15:45

Mugs, your savegame is definitely buggy. Vimmers may be right. Perhaps it is the ClassicHD choice. AgentXp never stated anywhere, including the readme file, what the purpose or differences were in the newgame choices. I have long considered this a serious defect with his game, but I don't do reviews.

In any case, I have attached my savegame which uses the Classic Croft choice, and I completed the game without problems. The savegame has 2 secrets. You actually opened the path to the second secret (grenade gun and canopic jar 2), but you didn't go there. Also you left the scarab in the lower room, but I had retrieved it. The only other differences with your savegame would be in minor pickups or their usage. The savegame is at the top of the ladder before Lara uses the monkey swing. You should still be able to go into the secret room to see what it looks like.
savegame.2
(35.65 KiB) Downloaded 39 times

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 07 Dec 2016 15:47

Thanks so much!
Of doggie candle fame!

Cornish

Post by Cornish » 07 Dec 2016 17:02

vimmers wrote:turn around and get up on the hand
or post a save cos i can't get down there from my saves
OK, found the slope to bounce off. Thanks.
All things in moderation - including moderation ! Stiebitz

AgentXP

Post by AgentXP » 08 Dec 2016 02:24

TombTitan wrote:Mugs, your savegame is definitely buggy. Vimmers may be right. Perhaps it is the ClassicHD choice. AgentXp never stated anywhere, including the readme file, what the purpose or differences were in the newgame choices. I have long considered this a serious defect with his game, but I don't do reviews.

In any case, I have attached my savegame which uses the Classic Croft choice, and I completed the game without problems. The savegame has 2 secrets. You actually opened the path to the second secret (grenade gun and canopic jar 2), but you didn't go there. Also you left the scarab in the lower room, but I had retrieved it. The only other differences with your savegame would be in minor pickups or their usage. The savegame is at the top of the ladder before Lara uses the monkey swing. You should still be able to go into the secret room to see what it looks like.
savegame.2
I'm really sorry you've had problems Mugs - I've tested and completed that room several times with the ClassicHD outfit :? Not sure what causes or how to fix that glitch :? :(

As for the differences in the level select - it's just what it says on the tin - 'select outfit' = different outfit choices - there are no differences in gameplay - it's the identical map, just with different outfits.

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 08 Dec 2016 02:47

I think I may have discovered the problem - I had not picked up the golden beetle (TombTitan mentioned that in his previous post and that gave me the idea!). When I replayed it to check on that idea sure enough everything worked fine - savegames and ladder - no problem.

I am stuck again though - I just visited the water fall with the 3rd star (Sirius) - I'm wondering if we're supposed to be able to climb the surrounding walls of that cave? If not, where to?
Of doggie candle fame!

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 08 Dec 2016 05:09

maybe read Cornish and mine conversation mugs
rgs vimmers

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 08 Dec 2016 07:46

Mugs, there are 2 stars of Sirius in this game. It is not clear from your post which waterfall you are at. If you are in the large deep-water chamber with the 2 big statues after opening the gate with a Star of Sirius, then follow Vimmers' advice and the clockwise climb up has the trickiest jumps in the game (after you do what you are supposed to do in that large area).

However, if you mean the waterfall at the end of the outdoor area with the boulder and swinging blades where you pick up one of the 2 stars of Sirius, then you do not need to climb any higher in that small waterfall pool cave. However, you will still want to climb on and trek everywhere as much of the outdoor walls as possible to get all pickups and/or light all the torches and pull switches to open up pathways and retrieve critical or desirable objects.

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 08 Dec 2016 13:37

Yup - it was that waterfall with the bolder and blade trap. OK. I guess I'm meant to search some more. Thanks TombTitan (and you too Vim - I'll no doubt be needing that advice a little later. :D ).
Of doggie candle fame!

cory

Post by cory » 09 Dec 2016 14:14

Cornish, where did you jump and from where? I'm in the same spot in that big water room with statues and I don't understand what vimmers is saying about getting on the hand. I was on the upper level but jumping off a slope didn't work for me, Lara kept falling down much short off the green block. Do you have a save after that or could you post a pic where I should jump? I see something like a monkeyswing between the statues (maybe I'm wrong) but I can't get there.

cory

Post by cory » 09 Dec 2016 14:33

Actually, never mind. I managed to get to the top but I'm stuck in that tight spot from where I can't make the rope jump so, game over for me.