Advent 2015 - DJ Full & Elio - The Train To Nowhere

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

TombTitan

Re: DJ Full & Elio The Train To Nowhere TRForge Adventskalen

Post by TombTitan » 14 Dec 2015 00:39

If that was a response to my question, it makes no sense. The heart is obtained by killing a dino BEFORE going into the well. I am talking about going back at the end of the game after getting the torch from the dog, etc. It simply is not possible due to the current from the fan. Could this be a game bug?

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 14 Dec 2015 00:45

Indeed, if you followed the first scenario (killing raptor in the cage), the dinos appear earlier and the current doesn't get disabled. If you spare the cage raptor's life then they appear after the well and it does. But the well doesn't contain anything important for the bonus, all the switches and the keys required for the final rewards are still accessible.

I'm relocating this disabling to the duranium room, will make more sense.
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 14 Dec 2015 03:18

A huge update covering issues reported by TombTitan, Sylwia and Sponge has been uploaded to TRForge site. The current version of all script, english and tr4 is from 04:01,14/12/15. Changes applied:
- avoided too early opening of helipad door by catwalk ninja
- restored door8 collision on open frame
- raised first sink so it's less disturbing
- relocated disabling well current to the duranium room where the power is off (makes more sense)
- avoided possible gamestopper of heart-dropping raptor disappearance
- removed collision from metal supports in case if heart falls between them
- killed all dragon breath wraiths in case if not noticing animating10
- removed unused flipeffects.
This update isn't yet hosted on trle.net so you can grab it here (old savegames won't work so if you are aware of the above errors and are far into the game, it's better to play onwards):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/b10z3 ... 120401.zip

STEPH50

Post by STEPH50 » 14 Dec 2015 10:24

Hello,

Stuck with the torch going back up to the train station, impossible to collect the torch on the raising platform after using again the crowbar,
action tab doesn't work any more, is that a bug ??? No way to continue my game with the torch in hands, your help will be much appreciated
:bigcry: :annoyed:
Thanks

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 14 Dec 2015 12:42

DJFull, I have just encountered another game bug!!! I realize you updated the game, but there is a very high probability that this bug is also in the update.

I have been replaying the game to get all 20 secrets since I could not get the pillar secret in the well area due to the dino heart problem. I have been playing the definitive version, and not the update. I replayed everything getting all 18 secrets that do not require the torch. I even made the "hard' jump from the high island, however Lara grabbed the ledge. Lara could not climb up but could only shimmy over the train tracks and drop down with minor health loss. I then went up to the top by climbing the wall and went to island 2, etc. When I went to the area where the dog is supposed to drop the torch....there was no dog!!! Earlier in the game the dog was stuck (unable to move) up above the cavern with the crowbar switch.

The dog only appears if Lara walks over the ledge where you think she will land in the hard jump. There will be other players in the future who will grab and not land in the hard jump because "landing" is nearly impossible despite what you think. Your distance is too pixel perfect and very unfair to players!!!! (I walked back from the revolver secret to the landing ledge and that did trigger the dog, but only by walking to it---Lara never landed on it in the jump.)

You need to move the torch/dog trigger to the ledge square where Lara jumps to island 2 since everyone has to walk over that square no matter how they play the game.

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 14 Dec 2015 14:04

TombTitan wrote:I even made the "hard' jump from the high island, however Lara grabbed the ledge. Lara could not climb up but could only shimmy over the train tracks and drop down with minor health loss. I then went up to the top by climbing the wall and went to island 2, etc. When I went to the area where the dog is supposed to drop the torch....there was no dog!!!
I take it by "climbing" you mean the ladder in the corner, and by the "island 2" you mean the island 3 (with the third switch). Another basic thing I should have noticed, and you are just awesome. I don't think many "more players will have this problem" as you say, but if this wasn't a timed project I would have surely had you as a betatester, because you have a special instinct for that. I see the problem with torch enabling but I don't know what do you mean by "not being able to pull up", because you said you can climb the wall.
STEPH50 wrote:Stuck with the torch going back up to the train station, impossible to collect the torch on the raising platform after using again the crowbar, action tab doesn't work any more
I guess you mean the action command. This sounds like a generic engine bug, not sure if I can do anything with that. Reloading a savegame from the block or before raising it might fix it.

EDIT: But you're not completely stuck. This isn't the only way to get the torch to the station. If you don't have earlier savegame you can climb the opposite slope and hop the chandeliers through the window.

STEPH50

Post by STEPH50 » 14 Dec 2015 15:21

I have earlier savegames but all of them are corrupted :annoyed: so no possibility for the torch to the station :angry:
and to the other side of the mountain and chandeliers what for ??? I did already previously :cry: so I cannot continue..........?
Bloody bug :annoyed:
THanks anyway but frustrated....

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 14 Dec 2015 15:36

There is an open window the chandeliers lead to.
I'm trying to fix that bug with torch but no success so far.

totou

Post by totou » 14 Dec 2015 17:42

I'm in the valley. Closed to the location with "some big fires", I want to climb but after a MS, I can't jump above a block.

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 14 Dec 2015 18:11

This is why that block is there, it falls later :)

veronia

Post by veronia » 14 Dec 2015 19:05

I am also where a monkeyswing leads to a place I try to jump where some rubble lies. So what to do instead, did alot of things,have the plate and 4 floodiums.. the torch was drained somewhere..
yaoza.

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 14 Dec 2015 19:24

You need to use these floodium cells in the well.

DebyUsatai

Post by DebyUsatai » 14 Dec 2015 19:38

I need a book, a cog and a kind of circle( to room, with 3 levers). Any tips? Thanks.

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 14 Dec 2015 19:54

You might have missed the plate in the lantern tower. Or on the top of the charger.

Titak

Post by Titak » 14 Dec 2015 20:41

I'm also down in that valley but can't get up there.
Do I need to open those underwater doors in the blownup gazebo? :thinking:
If so, how?
Been running around down there for quite some time already... :?
(found a secret and a fox that does not move...)
Nothing is in contradiction with nature,
only in contradiction with what we know of it.