Advent 2015 - DJ Full & Elio - The Train To Nowhere

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

veronia

Re: DJ Full & Elio The Train To Nowhere TRForge Adventskalen

Post by veronia » 19 Dec 2015 23:44

hm I don't think I've pushed any crates..oh those crates. I have used a plug tho
Last edited by veronia on 20 Dec 2015 00:18, edited 1 time in total.
yaoza.

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 19 Dec 2015 23:53

The plug should activate a teleport beam, that one gets you on the roof.

veronia

Post by veronia » 20 Dec 2015 00:14

ok I'll look for a teleporter - yea it was right by those crates.. :-P
yaoza.

veronia

Post by veronia » 20 Dec 2015 14:06

Playing this again..there's a plate on the roof that's shown in a stillpic when pushing a button, did a raised platform with no logic .. did I miss a switch to make something happen to that plate? got a honey key too where the insects were..
yaoza.

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 20 Dec 2015 14:29

The roof plate is also a secret. You need to find 5 switches to activate it :)
Not sure which "raised platform" you mean. There are three raising blocks for switches in the valley, and another block giving access to the honey lantern later.

veronia

Post by veronia » 20 Dec 2015 14:56

I'm up on the roof, it's that raised platform. What do I do now, can't see a window with a zip or anything.. its confusing when you mix in random secrets in the gameflow and there's no way of knowing what's really important for the gameplay and not.
yaoza.

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 20 Dec 2015 16:09

If you reached the roof and stand near that secret platform, you need to go behind the tower on the East and down the ladder on the South edge :)

In fact main gameplay in this level always consists of one event at a time. That's exactly why I thought combined triggers, contrarious to main design, will be clear as secret, and not confusing. If you do something and nothing instantly happens, it usually leads to something more later. I tried to make no exceptions from this rule. If there are any combined triggers in main gameplay, they are always gathered on small space and in plain sight, like the switches in the valley or crates in the teleport, or triple switch room visited later.

Mazeh

Post by Mazeh » 20 Dec 2015 18:32

Well... Now Lara has a torch and is at the station, but has no fire and no second book (back to the first post of this thread... :D ) I discovered that I had missed one wheel: Lara had not seen that the teleport island's wheel was located at the glassy roof. (In fact, she had not counted this place as an island.) So, I had to repeat that tricky jump (it's not fair, that...) in order to go back to the fourth island, and pick up... NOT the book, but a blue key for a secret! Oh, no! So... WHERE is this book, and WHERE is the blue keyhole, please? Be an :angel:
Oh, I was forgetting to say that I have the heart&core, and know where it goes...

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 20 Dec 2015 19:44

Hello Mazeh,
you need to jump the chandeliers which appeared when you picked up the torch :)
Mazeh wrote:I had to repeat that tricky jump (it's not fair) /.../ in order to go back to a secret!
Wasn't it fair that I left you a second chance to get that key, and if you don't bother getting it you don't skip anything crucial? :)

veronia

Post by veronia » 20 Dec 2015 19:47

Dj Full it's a good game and all, but screenshots 5 times or so of a place only for a secret is not normal, and many keys for secrets is frustrating cuz you want to use them to move on in the actual game, not waffle around for secrets not so important to everybody.

Oh lol I went down that ladder just to kill a ninja biatch and went back up to check for more things, while the second zip ride was down there :roll:
Last edited by veronia on 20 Dec 2015 20:14, edited 3 times in total.
yaoza.

Mazeh

Post by Mazeh » 20 Dec 2015 19:54

DJ Full wrote:Hello Mazeh,
you need to jump the chandeliers which appeared when you picked up the torch :)
Mazeh wrote:I had to repeat that tricky jump (it's not fair) /.../ in order to go back to a secret!
Wasn't it fair that I left you a second chance to get that key, and if you don't bother getting it you don't skip anything crucial? :)
:lol: You're right. I had already seen that you love a good joke... But in fact I jumped those chandeliers again, and found NO BOOK.

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 20 Dec 2015 20:13

I jumped those chandeliers again, and found NO BOOK.
Because it's not ON the chandeliers, these chandeliers lead to somewhere :)
veronia wrote:Dj Full it's a good game and all, but screenshots 5 times or so of a place only for a secret is not normal
If I placed no hint camera you could be even more confused. Same if I placed it next to one switch and not next to the other ones (that could be even worse). Same hint for 5 different switches was the most consistent of all.
many keys for secrets is frustrating cuz you want to use them to move on in the actual game, not waffle around for secrets not so important to everybody.
I also need to care about people who like secrets, and collecting three items for bonus fourth isn't an odd way to do so. If there was no keyhole shown at all, and there was no keyhole nearby, it means the key is for later. But I get your point. Being consistent with two separate designs apparently made them inconsistent with each other. You got the hint on the roof, you didn't get a hint for the keyholes. Here's where the problem may originate from. You make me think :ears:

veronia

Post by veronia » 20 Dec 2015 20:21

Yea, secrets are more of a sidestep for those hellbent on finding them tucked away somewhere in the level, not in the face with flybys and stuff. Then they're not really secrets. Cool that I made you think :) Things leading up to bonuses are more ok to incorporate in plain level play tho I think.
yaoza.

Mazeh

Post by Mazeh » 20 Dec 2015 20:23

DJ Full wrote:
I jumped those chandeliers again, and found NO BOOK.
Because it's not ON the chandeliers, these chandeliers lead to somewhere :)
I know. They lead to the place where Lara found a key to go out of there with the torch, and THAT'S ALL. But I'll have another look... only to make you happy... :D

EDIT: Found it! But no use: I haven't the complete circle.

veronia

Post by veronia » 20 Dec 2015 20:49

Mazeh, did you go up the tower outside on the side of the whole train building, that is the big piece of that circle. I haven't seen any book which is what I want to find, where was it?
yaoza.