Advent 2015 - DJ Full & Elio - The Train To Nowhere

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Mazeh

Re: DJ Full & Elio The Train To Nowhere TRForge Adventskalen

Post by Mazeh » 22 Dec 2015 02:52

Finished! What a game, congratulations! A lovely Christmas present to all of us. After finding the way to the station and Dragoning My Train (you do like a joke...) the rest was easy - except the final fight with the Two Swords' Lady. And I'm glad to say that I didn't find a single bug, despite having downloaded the game as soon as it appeared at the Calendar. It worked fine, from beginning to end. Thanks a lot, and a wonderful Christmas!

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: DJ Full & Elio The Train To Nowhere TRForge Adventskalen

Post by DJ Full » 22 Dec 2015 16:46

final fight with the Two Swords' Lady
I couldn't do anything with that. In fact I had reduced her HP from 30 to 13 but she seems to ignore that. So she was also the reason why I provided the blue shells with 1000 HP damage but she still needs three or four shots to fall.
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Advent 2015 - DJ Full & Elio - The Train To Nowhere

Post by Jorge22 » 01 Jan 2016 17:29

Ok, I'm going to have to resort to both the walkthrough and the forums. Here:

"MOUNTAIN RIM: SOUTH

Search the Eastern wall cave for a switch (3/5) and a pack of flares for SECRET #10. With keys of manywhere, enter the hut in the SE corner and use the crowbar to raise a block on the other edge of this rim. On your way there visit the lookouts' shelf for SECRET #11: lookouts' sight and binoculars. Climb the block into the honey storage, get on the top of the lantern for slightly burnt one. Combine two bits into whole duranium plate. Get down, enter below the pipe for a switch to hide the expanded platforms in the crate room and approach the pickaxe near the honey heap for QRS tribute. Push the doors to get back into the station, get revolver bullets from the box which now becomes moveable, and push it towards the nearest pillar with a chandelier. If you want another advent egg you can push this block on the marked tile but this is optional. You can also visit the nearby garden (4/6) but for the real SECRET #12 climb the chandelier and hop on the train for large medi, small medi and a revolver. From here, jump to the opposite chandelier for phantom shells. If you spared the dino in the cabin cage, enter that cage now and the very same dino takes revenge for the other two killed in the valley. Use the heart of nowhere in the locomotive to open the trapdoor below it, but you will need another book for the slot inside. After all return to the crate room and plant the plug in the slot to activate the teleporter."

I've tried different saves and my box is never moveable. It could be a bug or I haven't done something that would render that box moveable. If that's it, I guess I can still go back and fix it. If it's a bug, I'm done. Shame because it's a nice game. Anybody, any ideas?
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 01 Jan 2016 18:01

This should work in the last update, but if it doesn't then it's just for that secret on the train, and for nothing else.

Fluen

Post by Fluen » 03 Jun 2016 03:52

I have used the second deathslide (glider) and have landed on the floating island. According to the walkthrough I have to perform a "perfect running jump with action" to reach the eastern rocks. My attempts have so far been in vain. And the video you had posted in the beginning of this thread is now down.
So how do I perform this jump?

The walkthrough also states that there is a tribute to eRIC (what game/movie does the fallen medipack refer to?) and to QRS (in what way does golden shovels and pickaxes refer to him?)

Finally I'm a bit scared about the suddenly pushable crate in the train station. I picked up the revolver ammunition at the beginning of the game. When I revisited the place and read the walkthrough and then tried to move the crate, Lara would go into the pushable-stance, but she wouldn't move the crate. Is there a way to get it unstuck?

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 03 Jun 2016 05:31

Fluen wrote:I have to perform a "perfect running jump with action" to reach the eastern rocks. My attempts have so far been in vain. And the video you had posted in the beginning of this thread is now down.
Down? Weird, I don't remember removing this one... Anyway this is a long running jump like you do in the tutorial gym. With that exception you need to press Jump near the very end of the edge, and you press Action not in order to grab the ledge but to make the jump longer and land on that Eastern rock.
(what game/movie does the fallen medipack refer to?)
Babylon Is Fallen. If you wait with picking up the medikit but run the duranium machine before, the blast throws the medikit off the pedestal. As the item tips over you can read the hidden markings on the bottom. When you then pick up the medikit, the main theme from eRIC's game triggers.
to QRS (in what way does golden shovels and pickaxes refer to him?)
This refers to his Quest of Gold which dominated my TRLE playing that year :)
Also:
- snakes on the train are for Scottie
- wafer plate puzzle is for Titia
- the ending is for Bigfoot
I picked up the revolver ammunition at the beginning of the game. When I revisited the place and read the walkthrough and then tried to move the crate, Lara would go into the pushable-stance, but she wouldn't move the crate. Is there a way to get it unstuck?
I don't know, nobody reported that yet. But the crate isn't needed for anything crucial, it serves two purposes:
- an easter egg monit if you push it on the marked square
- a secret accessible the alternate way with help of the bug which makes all the walls climbable near the end of level (never found the reason).

Fluen

Post by Fluen » 04 Jun 2016 00:48

DJ Full wrote:Down? Weird, I don't remember removing this one... Anyway this is a long running jump like you do in the tutorial gym. With that exception you need to press Jump near the very end of the edge, and you press Action not in order to grab the ledge but to make the jump longer and land on that Eastern rock.
The walkthrough could use some more details about from where to jump and what to aim for. I eventually managed by maneuvering Lara to the absolute tip of the island. In fact Lara stod with her left foot in the air. From there I jumped to the nearer part of the straight ledge. Then it worked with some health loss.
DJ Full wrote:Babylon Is Fallen. If you wait with picking up the medikit but run the duranium machine before, the blast throws the medikit off the pedestal. As the item tips over you can read the hidden markings on the bottom. When you then pick up the medikit, the main theme from eRIC's game triggers.
I remember that title, but thought it was a title from an official movie or computer game and searched google. All I got were references to the Bible.
DJ Full wrote:This refers to his Quest of Gold which dominated my TRLE playing that year :)
Also:
- snakes on the train are for Scottie
- wafer plate puzzle is for Titia
- the ending is for Bigfoot
Thank you.
DJ Full wrote:I don't know, nobody reported that yet. But the crate isn't needed for anything crucial, it serves two purposes:
- an easter egg monit if you push it on the marked square
- a secret accessible the alternate way with help of the bug which makes all the walls climbable near the end of level (never found the reason).
That's certainly crucial to me. I decided to play the level over again while waiting for your answer. And I when I take the revolver ammo and move the crate around before I leave the train station, I have no problems. So I guess those two actions must be done in the same round.

You've made a very impressive game both gameplaywise and scenerywise. :2thumbsup:

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 04 Jun 2016 03:03

Fluen wrote:I remember that title, but thought it was a title from an official movie or computer game and searched google. All I got were references to the Bible.
Because the game plot is based on the Bible. The names of Hananiah, Azariah, Daniel, all of these transferred to Babylon, the location of Lion's Den... it sounds like you have never played that one, it's just... crucial :D
Fluen wrote:Thank you.
I usually hide more stuff than I remember. Basically if you find something weird, it has some hidden meaning. Even the glass in the outside lantern is shaped so it resembles M, E and N (the author initials).
Fluen wrote:I decided to play the level over again while waiting for your answer.
Wow, you're a hardcore one :D
Fluen wrote:when I take the revolver ammo and move the crate around before I leave the train station, I have no problems. So I guess those two actions must be done in the same round.
This is extremely weird. There's FLIPEFFECT: change block OCB from impushable to pushable, stacked with PICKUP for SIXSHOOTER_AMMO. This is the only trigger related to the block, also no other block of this kind is used so there can be no slot interference. Heck... this game is just too heavy. I would have fixed it better if I had more time back then.
Fluen wrote:You've made a very impressive game both gameplaywise and scenerywise. :2thumbsup:
We tried our best :)

Fluen

Post by Fluen » 05 Jun 2016 14:23

DJ Full wrote:I usually hide more stuff than I remember. Basically if you find something weird, it has some hidden meaning. Even the glass in the outside lantern is shaped so it resembles M, E and N (the author initials).
I missed that. Now I have to play it again. :D
DJ Full wrote:Wow, you're a hardcore one :D
The recent christmas levels (both Lara's Levebase and TR Forge) have been so great, that I immediately play them again just to enjoy the scenery, once I know what to do.

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 06 Jun 2016 00:49

Will it suffice to give you a screenshot of that lantern? :D

Fluen

Post by Fluen » 09 Jun 2016 14:19

No need, I still have savegames. Besides, I don't mind playing a bit of your level over again. That level deserves to be played more than once. From time to time I replay my favourite levels - but usually I let it rest for a year or more.

Later addition: the lantern you refer to, is that the open tower with the lensflare and the slightly burnt bit of honey?

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 19 Jun 2016 17:46

Later addition: the lantern you refer to, is that the open tower with the lensflare and the slightly burnt bit of honey?
Sorry, I didn't notice that. Yes, that one. And it's not QRS tribute but of course TC14. I don't know how I confused the two, they're completely different from each other.

billie2001

Post by billie2001 » 13 Apr 2017 16:21

Stuck at that unfair jump. :(
Can somebody help?

Edit: Never mind, made it finally!
Attachments
savegame.2
(37.76 KiB) Downloaded 9 times