Advent 2015 - DJ Full & Elio - The Train To Nowhere

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: DJ Full & Elio The Train To Nowhere TRForge Adventskalen

Post by DJ Full » 13 Dec 2015 19:23

Hi Jorge. These ninjas on the catwalks don't drop anything because their AI (?) throws them off ledge too often. The ninja I meant is already at the bottom of the station, you need to get there first :)
woof

MagPlus

Post by MagPlus » 13 Dec 2015 20:42

How do you reach the mountain where to finally pick up the torch ?

I didn't find any way to climb up there, except using a weird bug that I presume you didn't expect. I mean at a certain time in the level, almost all the walls have become ladders. Then it was easier to reach some parts of the level ;) But I swear I only used that bug for reaching the torch and nothing else :angel:

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 13 Dec 2015 21:09

This is, contrariously and unexpectedly, a bug I was well aware of. I suppose it's caused by the ladder condition which is first utilized on the rooftop. But I left it for fun because it doesn't disturb the progress much, as in the moment it appears the most of locations are already accessible.

If you spawned the torch, it means you have visited the floating islands. Haven't you? Because the global trigger enabling the torch spawn is activated exactly on that square where Lara lands after performing that nasty jump from island II to the shelf before island III. From there, you reach the aforementioned island III (which is optional) and go down the slopes on the Northern mountain rim.

Is this what you did?
woof

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 13 Dec 2015 21:13

DJFull, thank you for the savegame.
When I said "Lara dies on impact", that was with 100% health (taking a medipak first).

On the Levelbase forum several hours ago, you described this jump from the high island as "... a bit tricky but doable with a running jump + middle-air action ...". That translates to the following keystrokes:
ALT + up-arrow + hit CTRL before landing. That simply does NOT work. If you mean something else, please describe the EXACT keystrokes in order so players can know what new move you are using. I do not understand your "middle-air action" because there was never any Core Design Tomb Raider move like that.

Thanks again for the savegame.

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 13 Dec 2015 21:26

TombTitan wrote:When I said "Lara dies on impact", that was with 100% health (taking a medipak first).
It's very odd. The height difference between the island and the shelf is just 3 squares. This is nowhere close to what could kill her. That savegame I gave you has the jump performed without any medikit taken, and Lara still survives.
On the Levelbase forum several hours ago, you described this jump from the high island as "... a bit tricky but doable with a running jump + middle-air action ...". That translates to the following keystrokes:
ALT + up-arrow + hit CTRL before landing. That simply does NOT work. If you mean something else, please describe the EXACT keystrokes
"Running jump" means to run before this sequence. And the keystrokes are exactly as you said.
so players can know what new move you are using
This move was present in many, many levels until now. It's a standard action. And I deliberately left no other ways to get out to make it absolutely clear this is the desired way to proceed.

I do not understand your "middle-air action" because there was never any Core Design Tomb Raider move like that.[/quote]"middle-air action" = "hit CTRL before landing". I named a command instead of a key because keyboard mappings may differ (for instance I do the actions with A and jump with D).
woof

MagPlus

Post by MagPlus » 13 Dec 2015 21:28

DJ Full wrote:If you spawned the torch, it means you have visited the floating islands. Haven't you? Because the global trigger enabling the torch spawn is activated exactly on that square where Lara lands after performing that nasty jump from island II to the shelf before island III. From there, you reach the aforementioned island III (which is optional) and go down the slopes on the Northern mountain rim.

Is this what you did?
I visited all 3 islands, doing that tricky jump from island 2 and reached the 3rd one to activate the last valve for the blue key. But, the torch appeared only when I reached the moutain by using "ladder" walls of the railstation. I never found a way to reach it from the 3rd island.

EDIT : nevermind. I found the way :) It was so simple that I missed a simple side jump on the slopes :blush:
Last edited by MagPlus on 13 Dec 2015 21:38, edited 1 time in total.

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 13 Dec 2015 21:38

You just hop from the third island on the slope to the East, slide down and go along the surrounding range, towards the pipe with [5]th button switch. On the way down to it, the wolf / coyote / doggie / whatever it is should reappear with the torch.
Last edited by DJ Full on 13 Dec 2015 21:39, edited 2 times in total.
woof

MagPlus

Post by MagPlus » 13 Dec 2015 21:39

MagPlus wrote:nevermind. I found the way :) It was so simple that I missed a simple side jump on the slopes :blush:

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 13 Dec 2015 21:39

It must work because it's a Distance condition, working from all directions, this is supposedly also why it worked when you climbed the wall from the other side. But it's good it worked as supposed, because it was supposed to work :D

EDIT: Ah, I know the feeling. You made an insanely hard jump and expected something equally or more insane in the next order. I try to avoid such design but when I got the map from Elio I challenged myself NOT to touch what was already constructed, because I respected the work of the original author.
woof

DebyUsatai

Post by DebyUsatai » 13 Dec 2015 22:27

I'm here. Now, where I have to go?
Attachments
Torch.jpg

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 13 Dec 2015 22:38

Ahead, on the chandeliers. Every chandelier in this game is climbable :)
woof

DebyUsatai

Post by DebyUsatai » 13 Dec 2015 23:00

DJ Full wrote:Ahead, on the chandeliers. Every chandelier in this game is climbable :)
I have already been there. The same question.

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 13 Dec 2015 23:02

Through the window :)
woof

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 14 Dec 2015 01:23

Is there a way to go back into the areas with the underwater switches, fuses, cogwheel door room, etc. where the torch came from? The current from the fan prevents swimming into the passage to get there from the well later in the game.

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 14 Dec 2015 01:27

The sinks get disabled as soon as you pick up the heart, this allows going back :)
woof