BtB 2015 - Labyrinth of the Minotaur

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

BtB 2015 - Labyrinth of the Minotaur

Post by Dutchy » 11 Oct 2015 08:54

As far as we can see this level has a "game stopper" when you have to push a horse without collision. :?
The Two most important days of your Life; the one where you are born and the one when you find out why (Twain)

Dutchy's (D&G) Walkthroughs

Mephizto

Re: BtB 2015 - Labyrinth of the Minotaur

Post by Mephizto » 11 Oct 2015 16:41

Hi everybody! : ) I stuck at here. I couldn't reach the next crash. Why?? :( Or a bug?) Thank you anyway.

Mephizto

Post by Mephizto » 11 Oct 2015 16:44

Matie
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Matie » 11 Oct 2015 19:49

Hi Mep :)

Check the notes you picked up at the start of the level, it says: "if Lara gets stuck on an edge, loose and pressed action key very fast". I suppose it means if you get stuck like that, stop pressing Ctrl for a very short time, press it again quickly, so Lara lets go of the edge for a moment and grabs it again. Then you will be able to continue, hopefully...

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 11 Oct 2015 20:33

Or shimmy back a bit, save and reload and try again
The Two most important days of your Life; the one where you are born and the one when you find out why (Twain)

Mephizto

Post by Mephizto » 11 Oct 2015 21:15

Finally i made it. Thank you :)

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 12 Oct 2015 01:19

I'm roughly ten minutes in and need a quick tip here. I moved the two horses on their tracks and opened two side rooms with scales. One of them has a horse which seems to randomly set me on fire, is this a trap I will disable, something I'm not seeing or pure trial and error? There's a fountain for the scale just around the corner, but I'm not too keen on the idea of burning up all my juice boxes like that...

Matie
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Matie » 12 Oct 2015 01:28

Check the floor more thoroughly. :wink: If you push/pull the horse continuously to the right place, Lara won't catch fire.

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 12 Oct 2015 01:31

Yup, forum effect kicked in shortly after that, thanks Matie!

Any tip for the other room? I thought the scale would retract the spikes on the horse, but it opened some of the locks in the hallway instead.

Matie
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Matie » 12 Oct 2015 01:33

Treeble wrote:Yup, forum effect kicked in shortly after that, thanks Matie!

Any tip for the other room? I thought the scale would retract the spikes on the horse, but it opened some of the locks in the hallway instead.
It's really easy, but also easy to miss. Don't try to go down where the horse is, check elsewhere in the area (pretty close to where the opening above the horse is).

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 12 Oct 2015 01:45

D'oh! :bestplay:

Ok, got the waterskin and can make progress now, just wondering if I'm missing anything by not opening that side door in that room? I figured out the scales puzzle by using another's level logic, but seeing as the narrow hallway ahead closes off behind me, I won't be coming back. I *did* look through the tiles on the lower floor and didn't spot any other that could open that gate (thought maybe the one that resets the flame emitters would, but the horse had no power over it :D).

EDIT/ Finished. Never needed whatever was inside that gate. I'm guessing it was either the solution to the scales or perhaps a secret, as I found none. :hammer:

Matie
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Matie » 12 Oct 2015 08:51

Yeah it's a secret, and
if I remember right, you can get the door open by pouring enough amount of water on the scale nearby. While the other scale in the opposite room opens the main gate, this one opens the side door. :) Edit: ah ok, then I remembered wrong. I was running around cluelessly for a while and got confused.
Last edited by Matie on 12 Oct 2015 16:26, edited 1 time in total.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 12 Oct 2015 11:17

Matie wrote:Yeah it's a secret, and
if I remember right, you can get the door open by pouring enough amount of water on the scale nearby. While the other scale in the opposite room opens the main gate, this one opens the side door. :)
That's not correct. Each scale pulls away bars from the door in the hallway, so two scales= two sets of bars= gate open. And once used you cannot use it a second time. Never found out what opened the side gate.

EDIT: It is like a punishment room, only this time you get a reward. The scale in that room needs 3, but if you put in a wrong amount, the gate opens... Gets you a secret too.

But for me the game seems to end here with these buggy cracks...AND YES I know all the tricks, tried them all and still hanging in this corner where she won't go around right
The End.jpg
Last edited by Dutchy on 12 Oct 2015 15:47, edited 3 times in total.

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 12 Oct 2015 15:23

I experienced something similar Dutchy, in another shimmying sequence (beneath the minotaur), for whatever reason it seemed as though an invisible wall had popped into existence so I couldn't do anything and if I backflipped I'd be pushed forward. Only thing that worked for me was reloading an earlier savegame and redoing that sequence in one go.

Thank you guys for the info regarding that side room. :2thumbsup:

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 12 Oct 2015 15:55

Indeed, only a reload from a save on the rope did the trick. :2thumbsup: