AgentXP - ORC - Secrets of Babylon

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

sandy2

AgentXP - ORC - Secrets of Babylon

Post by sandy2 » 27 Jul 2015 19:33

I am in the first room with the spikes and the water ...... pulled a couple of underwater switches, but what did they do? I see things to do above, but don't know how to get there. thanks.

Cornish

Re: One room challenge - Secrets of Babylon

Post by Cornish » 27 Jul 2015 20:02

The two UW switches raise a wooden platform up above so that you can Monkey swing to a jump switch.
All things in moderation - including moderation ! Stiebitz

Cornish

Post by Cornish » 27 Jul 2015 20:13

P.S. If you haven't been up there yet, there is a wall crack on the south side you can just reach.

sandy2

Post by sandy2 » 27 Jul 2015 20:22

ah .. I have been trying the wall crack for 15 minutes ......... she won't grab it. .. ?? I'll keep trying. Will someone please grab this wall crack for me? I don't know why I can't get it ..... thanks!
Attachments
savegame.0
(34.32 KiB) Downloaded 119 times

Cornish

Post by Cornish » 27 Jul 2015 20:38

You have to run into the wall at the exact spot while holding down the control key.

sandy2

Re: AgentXP - ORC - Secrets of Babylon

Post by sandy2 » 27 Jul 2015 21:04

thank you! I finally got it .... thanks.

manarch2
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by manarch2 » 28 Jul 2015 12:11

I finished the level but I never found a use for the Revolver. I could shoot the ball easily with pistols. Should there be a Lasersight anywhere?

ultraXgiotr99

Post by ultraXgiotr99 » 28 Jul 2015 12:45

_manarch2 wrote:I finished the level but I never found a use for the Revolver. I could shoot the ball easily with pistols. Should there be a Lasersight anywhere?
in the underwater room with a part of the green stone, there is a tunnel and inside the lasersight :)

manarch2
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by manarch2 » 28 Jul 2015 16:39

Do you know what exactly shooting the ball achieves? The game is fairly low on camera hints and I'd really like to know for the WT.

Manuel

Post by Manuel » 28 Jul 2015 18:33

I pulled the two switches under the water and trap no rose :cry:

ultraXgiotr99

Post by ultraXgiotr99 » 28 Jul 2015 18:46

_manarch2 wrote:Do you know what exactly shooting the ball achieves? The game is fairly low on camera hints and I'd really like to know for the WT.
no, I didn't understand :?

Mazeh

Post by Mazeh » 28 Jul 2015 22:14

Hello... I'm completely stuck, and I have 3 questions: (1) where is the second part of that round thing? (forgot the name :blush: ) I found the first part underwater and know where the complete piece goes; (2) how can I blind the underwater warrior head, in order to pick up the Star of Orion that is below it? I have the laser sight, but couldn't pick up the revolver (Lara couldn't crawl along that crack), and anyway the monster is underwater and I have no harpoon gun; (3) an underwater ball rolled down a ramp and stopped inside a hole. What for?

Btw, wasn't after shooting the little blue ball that a rope came down just in front?

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 29 Jul 2015 01:27

1, on top of the pillar in first room
2, you do it when you have used the parts
3, just a trap i think
for now you must pull/push the pushable out and over to the raising blocks so you can smash it

AgentXP

Post by AgentXP » 29 Jul 2015 01:34

The old camera hint bug bear comes back to bite – I did try and put more camera hints in this one, but due to the limits of the challenge, I was limited by the number of objects I could place… :|

- Shooting the blue ball releases the rope - you can also shoot it with the pistols if you’re clever (A not so clever glitch is that the rope can also be triggered with a pushable rendering the ball meaningless – I only noticed this after submission :S)

- In order to get the revolver, you shimmy along the crack in the wall, but it’s not essential to the game

- One Baal piece is inside a pushable which you must break with a hammer, the other is under a raising block in the water room

- To access the pushable with one Baal piece, you must first open the underwater trapdoor to the area just off the pillar room – one underwater lever beneath the room controls all the raising blocks in that room.

- To get the other Baal piece, pull all the levers in the room with laser head that you can pull without getting shot. This raises a raising block which allows access to the last switch.

- You can’t kill laser head by shooting him, but the completed Baal piece might help…

- The underwater ball breaks a vase with some ammo under it – think of it as a ‘secret’ without the secret chime

- Make sure you get the torch before placing the star of light…

I hope this answers everybody's questions! :)

Mazeh

Post by Mazeh » 29 Jul 2015 04:14

Thank you very much, Vimmers, always an :angel: for confused souls, and many thanks for your so detailed answer, AgentXP. :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: Btw, Agent, I'm loving your game, it's very interesting. It's a shame that the characteristics of the competition created difficulties for camera hints... they would be very useful, because there are a lot of levers.
I had seen the hammer when Lara was up, and was trying to guess how it should be used. I found a movable piece, but still don't know how to push/pull it to the room, because there are a lot of spikes in the way. Perhaps your still mysterious instruction "To access the pushable with one Baal piece..." will solve everything.
Thanks again, guys!