Richard Lawther - Shalebridge Murder Mystery

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Dick
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: Richard Lawther - Shalebridge Murder Mystery

Post by Dick » 10 Jul 2015 20:21

This savegame is at the exact same stage of the game as yours and it checks out. But the inventory is different.

If you can somehow fix yours by going back to an old one before the vehicle - that would be better.

good luck!
Attachments
savegame.14
savegame
(15.58 KiB) Downloaded 67 times

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 10 Jul 2015 20:34

I read in other posts that the rope fell down into a boiler room. It's not pictured in Lara's notes so I'm guessing it is back down where the death-water-islands-poles room is. If that's correct I can't get anywhere because of the swarming bees that have followed me down into that room. How do I get rid of them? or is there another way into the boiler room?
Of doggie candle fame!

Dick
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Dick » 10 Jul 2015 20:45

mugs wrote:I read in other posts that the rope fell down into a boiler room. It's not pictured in Lara's notes so I'm guessing it is back down where the death-water-islands-poles room is. If that's correct I can't get anywhere because of the swarming bees that have followed me down into that room. How do I get rid of them? or is there another way into the boiler room?
The swarming bees are not an impossible barrier - just get up there and waste them with your crossbow, Pat :D
If you shot it (the rope) then it does indeed drop down into the boiler room. You can reach it by the monkey bars

btw, the rope is one of the six weapons shown in Lara's notes.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 10 Jul 2015 20:49

you can shoot the bees
an if you have shoot the rope down
go the same way you get down
by opening a trapdoor

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 10 Jul 2015 20:56

thanks Dick and Vimmers (I was referring to the boiler room not being listed in the floor plans) - I didn't think of shooting them. that explains all the arrows. duh.
Of doggie candle fame!

Dick
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Dick » 10 Jul 2015 21:04

Snork,
I have a theory :builder:
It's a bit odd but it would explain this. [Alternatively it's just a nasty bug that got in there and there is no logic to it.]

Anyway, when you first got the vehicle and took it up to the rafters above the hall you would have taken a side route that leads promptly to a level jump.
As you approached this [E] point you would have passed over the red carpet where the cop below is standing. If the vehicle was not central on the wooden rafter it could have triggered the cop to say 'hey' and then it's game over but you level jumped before it could. So it was waiting for you (the game over) when you returned to the ground floor. I find that short delay very telling. And also it's a neat exit to the title - rather than a crash.

I shall test this :bobby:

snork
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by snork » 10 Jul 2015 21:09

btw, didn't you say you had problems when you transferred this to your desktop or something?
Oh no, that was just the usual problem with most trle games for me.
Wanting to return to desktop from fullscreen-playing without actually quitting the game - so hitting Alt+Tab or Windows-key, then sometimes it does not want to do so properly. Usually solved by ingame switching to pause screen, title, or (saving and) loading a game.
Dick wrote:That's a problem alright :-P

No real idea why. Nothing like this has turned up before

it has the look of a rolling ball trigger as you return to the ground floor, triggering a level end - hence the delay. It affects all return points to the ground floor.

Do you have any savegames from before you first used the Magic Carpet? If you do you could try heading up to the upper levels on your vehicle and get the level jump - then immediately return back to level jump back to the ground floor. See what that does..
I did that and : same thing happened. :-o
Then I used an even earlier savegame, and now can successfully jump levels. :yay: :w00t:

The difference between those two savegames is insignificant, I assume : getting the full carpet cleaner bottle, putting the candlestick into analysis, and putting room items onto their pedestals. (I originally overlooked the door for the carpet cleaner and did not know what else to do. And it tidied the inventory. :lol: )

I now also have a theory about what happened - but then it should occasionally happen to others, too ? :?
When with the carpet crossing the hall (where I got item #4) I triggered the guard down there : "who made that noise?" and "Ha!" , but made it into the leveljump before "sound the alarm!", or at least before the alarm actually rang.
But maybe the rollingball-to-trigger the "caught! back to title" was already on its way, now finishing whenever I return to that level ?
But then I wonder should it not occasionally happen to others, too ? :thinking:

This also was so on my new attempt, but when coming from the even earlier save, I did not trigger the guard down there - not even a "who made that noise".

But well, I can continue.

edit : lol. typed this before reading your last post. 8) (last 6 posts actually)
Thou shall not mess with Lara's resting animation. NEVER. EVER!

Dick
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Dick » 10 Jul 2015 21:23

snork wrote:
Then I used an even earlier savegame, and now can successfully jump levels. :yay: :w00t:
:jump:
snork wrote:
I now also have a theory about what happened - but then it should occasionally happen to others, too ? :?
When with the carpet crossing the hall (where I got item #4) I triggered the guard down there : "who made that noise?" and "Ha!" , but made it into the leveljump before "sound the alarm!", or at least before the alarm actually rang.
But maybe the rollingball-to-trigger the "caught! back to title" was already on its way, now finishing whenever I return to that level ?
But then I wonder should it not occasionally happen to others, too ? :thinking:
yep, that's pretty close to what I just suggested above. I just tested it and it's easy to do on foot but hard with the vehicle.
anyway, I'm sure it is something along those lines. I think you should be okay now :happy2:

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Location: Gilching-Argelsried, small Villiage near Munich Germany

Post by avmaster » 10 Jul 2015 21:45

I wonder if there is something behind the Shalebridge painting in the music room. Lara`s movements give me the feeling there is something behind. Can i use the spanner or the lead piping somewhere ? I am in the music room with the instruments.
Da Master

ImageImage
Next Octoberfest: Every year next one from 19.09.15 - 04.10.15

Dick
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Dick » 10 Jul 2015 22:23

avmaster wrote:I wonder if there is something behind the Shalebridge painting in the music room. Lara`s movements give me the feeling there is something behind. Can i use the spanner or the lead piping somewhere ? I am in the music room with the instruments.
There are rooms behind the shalebridge painting - but they are just flipmaps to flip the elements of the painting back and forth. Should be of no interest to players.

The Spanner, Lead piping and the 4 other weapons (see Lara's note folder in download) are all tested at the Lab. When you test the actual weapon used for the murder - you will get a forensics report from the printer.

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 10 Jul 2015 22:27

(from the crypt) -- In the room with the note "look for small switch" by G, where is that switch? It is completely invisible and flares do not work. There is no escape from the room and there is absolutely nothing to do in there. The game has come to a dead end.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 10 Jul 2015 23:11

TombTitan use action on 1 of the statues

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 10 Jul 2015 23:21

Thanks Vimmers. I had tried that earlier but probably from the wrong angle. This time it worked and opened the door.

eddy

Post by eddy » 11 Jul 2015 10:22

Where to use "The Motiv" ?

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 11 Jul 2015 11:38

a little reading help my friend eddy :D
vimmers wrote:to the office with a policeman in it
its on the way to the 3 puzzle room