Richard Lawther - Shalebridge Murder Mystery

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

sandy2

Re: Richard Lawther - Shalebridge Murder Mystery

Post by sandy2 » 12 Jul 2015 22:53

Do you mean that little ledge in the electric room? When I try to get to it, she just falls in the water and dies. ..... got it, needed to jump without ctrl.............. but now I am back to the electric room (I had to use someones save before) ..... how do I get out of this one? Jumping on those things is not something I do well!

bene
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by bene » 12 Jul 2015 23:45

sandy2 wrote:Do you mean that little ledge in the electric room? When I try to get to it, she just falls in the water and dies. ..... got it, needed to jump without ctrl.............. but now I am back to the electric room (I had to use someones save before) ..... how do I get out of this one? Jumping on those things is not something I do well!

there's another trapdoor up in the wasp rooms....it's between the crates and that takes you to another area with a big staircase

snork
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by snork » 12 Jul 2015 23:45

did you get the rope ? I think it may be hidden among the pipes on the floor, (iirc).

To get out of there, up into the attic with the wasps again, there are 2 floor trapdoors through wich you can exit.
The one next to the wasps's "nest"-box will lead to some other level (wasps won't follow), and the other one to where you came from.

But look out also for pickups up there(I remember at least 2x arrows and 1x flares)
Thou shall not mess with Lara's resting animation. NEVER. EVER!

sandy2

Post by sandy2 » 13 Jul 2015 00:08

ok ... I got back to the wasp room and down the trapdoor near the wasps ........ eventually led to a crypt room and farther, but I do not see anything I can do ....... where do we use the rope? And should I be shooting at things? thanks?

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Location: Gilching-Argelsried, small Villiage near Munich Germany

Post by avmaster » 13 Jul 2015 00:14

sandy2 wrote:ok ... I got back to the wasp room and down the trapdoor near the wasps ........ eventually led to a crypt room and farther, but I do not see anything I can do ....... where do we use the rope? And should I be shooting at things? thanks?
The rope is used in the Lab, it is one of the weapons. There is the machine where you must check all weapons. The crypt in the church comes later. Shooting things ? Well, I remember only one time where I did shoot a small button.
Da Master

ImageImage
Next Octoberfest: Every year next one from 19.09.15 - 04.10.15

sandy2

Post by sandy2 » 13 Jul 2015 00:23

ok ...... I guess I need to wander more, I couldn't find anywhere to go except the crypt ??? Found a couple more buttons to push, but it just opens a door that takes me back to where I have already been ........ lost.

snork
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by snork » 13 Jul 2015 01:15

Have you been in the laboratory ?
It is further down where the entrance/ exit to/from the church is. There you can solve a little planet puzzle, and then when you leave the lab after that, that should advance things a bit.

Actually, only after you also did some things here :
Tomb0001.jpg
this is really spoilerish, so maybe try looking harder there^ first ? two buttons and a shot
And should I be shooting at things?
Absolutely!
and actually : right now - well, very soon.

To be on the safe side : save game, shoot at things (things! not :police, not : bears).
If no effect, load game.
(after some time I felt I had enough ammo to quit saving and reloading, and still finished the game with ~20 arrows left)

sandy2

Post by sandy2 » 13 Jul 2015 02:11

I found the two buttons ........ but having trouble with finding what to shoot? help please ........ thanks,

snork
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by snork » 13 Jul 2015 02:35

sure :) in the surveillance room, shoot a box on the power cords to cut out the power for that surveillance system.
Else alarms will start in those places you can see on the monitors, even without any police present. Then going direction back to the church/lab Lara can explore the area to the right side of the crossing before actually getting to the church/lab downstairs

sandy2

Post by sandy2 » 13 Jul 2015 19:53

When I pick up Colonel Mustard, it goes back to "load games" ?? Is this a bug or am I suppose to do something else first? thanks.

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Post by Gerty » 13 Jul 2015 20:08

No no bug, you have to solve the puzzle first.
Go to the next room and then you'll see :wink:
Oops, I did it again... Image

PeterH

Sphere, cannot get to it

Post by PeterH » 15 Jul 2015 19:18

After returning from the attic:
Even when Lara only moves on the carpet, and takes a running jump from carpet to carpet, she alerts the policeman as soon as she lands.

I am using the recipe from Authorized Walkthrough by G&D Productions. Here it doesn't seem to be a timed challenge, i.e. Lara can even walk after jumping.

But I must be missing something. She obviously makes too much noise running or crawling across the marble floor so those techniques are also useless...

manarch2
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by manarch2 » 15 Jul 2015 19:44

You have to try to jump before Lara reaches the edge, since otherwise the guard is still triggered. Take a step back and then hop back, then run-jump. If it's too short, let Lara run a moment longer before jumping.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 15 Jul 2015 20:31

We all did it like that and the author agreed, so that is the ONLY way

Made a video of it http://youtu.be/gd2b1WRcsPA
The Two most important days of your Life; the one where you are born and the one when you find out why (Twain)

Dutchy's (D&G) Walkthroughs

PeterH

Post by PeterH » 15 Jul 2015 20:43

_manarch2 wrote:You have to try to jump before Lara reaches the edge, since otherwise the guard is still triggered...
Thanks, Richard,

what a wonderful idea to make sound part of the adventure instead of just ambience. The police are also well used as frenemies.