kettie - Visit to Cambodia

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

manarch2
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: kettie - Visit to Cambodia

Post by manarch2 » 13 Jun 2015 08:05

As usual, it was quite easy to find this secret: Explore all details of all areas of a level and you can be sure it's hidden in the last one :D

mbvl

Post by mbvl » 13 Jun 2015 18:49

snork wrote: nope, those will raise only later.
Make a jump with a roll to the slope ahead, keep jump and action pressed and have Lara grab a crevice. Press jump again so she'll jump up to a higher crevice. Shimmy all the way to the right, another jump up to an even higher crevice, and a jump-off-backwards with a roll will land her in a safe tunnel.
Thank you.
Mark

RonBate

Post by RonBate » 16 Jun 2015 20:22

Help please. I have got past the swinging spiky logs to a door that needs to be opened and have found a lever below the swinging logs above a toxic pool. However I can't see a way back up to the gate above from the lever - what am I missing?

snork
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by snork » 16 Jun 2015 20:50

That Lara can do this ledge-jumping. Up to 5 clicks high, she just needs sth. to put her feet against.

From at the switch, looking north, let Lara hop backwards and grab the edge, jump up, shimmy to the right and jump up again.
(shimmy to the left before pulling up from there)
Thou shall not mess with Lara's resting animation. NEVER. EVER!

RonBate

Post by RonBate » 17 Jun 2015 07:50

Thanks snork that got me a bit of progress. Have used the khymer key and lift but cannot see how to get to the lion key at the top of the pillar in the room with the lift.

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 17 Jun 2015 08:30

Using the Khmer Key the lift starts to work.
Climb onto the lift and from the very right side (looking to the opposite side of the room) and when it's at the top, take a running jump to the ledge left of the balustrade. Beware with the low ceiling.

Once you're done:
Push the block so it falls to the ledges below. Now drop there and move the block under the jumpswitch. Use the jumpswitch to raise a nearby block. Continue moving the block to the very corner just under the broken pillar where the key is. Jump to the block you raised with the jumpswitch and take a running jump to the moveable block (it's climbable in that position) and continue climbing to the top where the key is.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 17 Jun 2015 15:04

I found that if you wait about a second after the lift reaches the top, then start your running jump (the lift starts descending as you run), you're much more likely to clear the ceiling and make the grab at the end of your jump.

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 19 Jun 2015 02:20

snork wrote:
mbvl wrote:What is the trick to survive the moving spiked wall? Should I have raised those platforms at the far slope? :hammer:
nope, those will raise only later.
Make a jump with a roll to the slope ahead, keep jump and action pressed and have Lara grab a crevice. Press jump again so she'll jump up to a higher crevice. Shimmy all the way to the right, another jump up to an even higher crevice, and a jump-off-backwards with a roll will land her in a safe tunnel.
_manarch2 wrote:Edit: I found it! In the room with the platform timed run, use the first lever again and jump over to the last platform. Then jump to the platform with the lion, to the other lion platform and from here into a crawlspace. After finding the secret the door to the plate opens.
:2thumbsup: :)
@snork
I tried pressing jump, roll and action at the same time, but Lara keeps on banging her head against the crevice instead of grabbing it. :? How do I make sure that Lara grabs the crevice?
"With effort and persistence, a beginner can become an expert!"

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 19 Jun 2015 07:03

if i recall u need to do a running jump with roll to the slope

snork
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by snork » 19 Jun 2015 10:48

Yes, the roll needs to be in the jump to the slope, not in the jump off the slope. Also it needs to be done on the tunnel's "right" side, the side where the ammo is lying on the floor.
Then everything works out fine for me, repeatedly.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 19 Jun 2015 13:45

Or roll while running, just before you reach the slope, back flip to the slope and jump off to grab the crevice.

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 21 Jun 2015 00:28

Thank you for your tips, snork and Phil. I managed to get through that passage. :)

Now I am in another passage, where I used the revolver (with the lasersight) to shoot at two red jewels inside two statues. This, in turn, brought forth two spears that Lara can grab on to.

However, if I try to jump directly towards the spear, either I didn't jump far enough with a standing jump, or I appear to have jumped too far with a running jump.

How do I get through this jump sequence?

Thank you in advance.

snork
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by snork » 21 Jun 2015 01:53

That seems odd. A running jump will always do fine for me, no matter if I have "grab" pressed from the run-in or press it only later in mid-air. :?

ps - when you do get it done, with this swingpole jump animation it looks extra 8) when from jumping off of solid ground, you keep "jump" pressed all the time.

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 24 Jun 2015 02:22

Thank you snork, I'm not quite sure how I did it, but I did make it through that jump.

Right now I am in the room with the rolling bridge. I used the serpent jewel, which raised a platform, and I did find a secret, but I have no idea how to reach the jump switch. None of the ledges seem to be aligned with the jump switch, and I don't know where to go next after the secret area (the crawlspace in the crack that can be shimmied through).

Edit: Never mind, I just saw that the walkthrough was published. So I did figure it out.