Re: Max - Ancient Artifact II - Brijett Lab

Post by vimmers » 06 Apr 2015 14:11

you missing this lever zodiac

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 06 Apr 2015 14:18

scottchu wrote:I got laser sight and about to leave training zone 2. However, there'are 2 things bothering me:

(1) When we pull up where there're 2 laser beams and then we keep jumping between slopes and lastly get to a high ledge to push a button. There seems an ceiling trap door above this high ledge. Do I guess wrong or it's just a decoration?
(2) In the secret room, there's another room outside two high glass doors. Is it reachable from somewhere? Or, again, just a decoration?
1 its just a deco
2 i think you get in there when you get the card to open the lab
or maybe just first in Brijett Lab escape

zodiac_666

Post by zodiac_666 » 06 Apr 2015 14:25

No Vimmers I pulled that switch already :|

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 06 Apr 2015 16:10

have you being trough this door
or the other seen down below
Attachments
max5.jpg

scottchu

Post by scottchu » 06 Apr 2015 21:22

zodiac_666 wrote: .... I missed one of those yellow/green targets outside, is that something to do with it? (shot two of them already).
That one is for secret
My heart for Lara is always young!
yahoo: scottchu.tw
gmail: scottchu.tw@gmail.com
msn:scottchu_tw @ hotmail.com (never use now!)

scottchu

Post by scottchu » 06 Apr 2015 21:31

zodiac_666 wrote:No Vimmers I pulled that switch already :|
You should crawl under some rock in a upper room and manage to get to a high ledge to push a switch to open a door in lower room. Then you can raise 2nd block in water.

scottchu

Post by scottchu » 07 Apr 2015 09:37

Heavy spoilers for one easter egg, 4 secrets and second bonus coin (Don't open this unless you are a heavy secret hunter and stuck on finding them): [For easter egg]:
*When you get to a room with slopes-jumping and wall-grabbing challenge, go down lower floor and follow the path to push a button to enter a small room. Normally you'll pass this small room to another bigger room with two parallel laser beams in a right path and there is monkeyswing on ceiling. In this small room, find a low crawlspace in low-level floor part. Prepare for some surprise signs. :D
[For the 4 secrets]:
1.In the bigger room mentioned in easter egg part, there's another path ahead. Go there and look right to see an opening in wall above a small slope. You can either run jump from the entrance to that opening to get secret ( which is what I did). Or, you can avoid laser beam and go left. In the middle of the path, there's a high crawlspace on right wall. Get in there to get same secret.
2.After you get laser sight in training zone #2, go back zone #1 and find 3rd high target in a end room. Shoot that target and a nearby door opens. Go in there and find secret.
3.After you use card in labrotary, normally you'll eventually drop into a small room whose opening is blocked by laser beams. There's a movable block you need to use it outside. However, push it first under a ceiling opening in this small room to get secret.
4. When you use the block in secret 3 to get up upper floor in big room outside. You would eventually drop from a crawlspace into a room to push a button. When it's done, pull into the other side of the crawlspace first for secret.
[For 2nd bonus coin]:
* This one is very obvious cause you can see the coin behind the glass window. Just do several wall-grabbing, twist-jumping, slope-jumping, & shimmying to reach a button below a laser beam. Push it and jump into new opening and do similar tasks to finally get the coin. Then find a nearby button to push and again do necessary works to get back to entrance. ***ATTENTION***: I see no point that I need to post more heavy spoilers for later levels since the official walkthrough has been released now. So this will be my last heavy spoilers for this fantastic game level. Hope previous heavy spoilers did "heavily"(with joy, of course :D ) help some players.
Last edited by scottchu on 14 Oct 2015 17:42, edited 2 times in total.

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 08 Apr 2015 17:25

you work is much appreciated Scottchu!
Of doggie candle fame!

redrat

Post by redrat » 15 May 2015 09:45

EDIT: I've found it. :hammer:

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 19 May 2015 20:15

From the walkie, in the room with lots of lasers, a roll that comes from an opening over a dealy pool, etc.:

"Laser Hall.

Turn around, go down the ladder to a walkway, climb down another ladder at the end of that. Head E and around the corner is a button lowering the door. Go in and on the right is another laser passage, go close and duck, as soon as the Laser goes close and up, roll and stand take a quick step forward and hop up onto the ledge ahead (savegame.12). Turn and grab up to the monkey swing, watch out for those lasers and go to a computer terminal. Grab that and get up, turn and climb up to a duct. Shoot the grate straight ahead and look up left into the passage. There is a ladder over the laser (later).

First run left into the passage, right around the corner."

I've only been taking a few looks at the walkie and this is one of those times. But I'm not sure I understand. Look at the part in bold: am I supposed to roll while ducking? Yes, I think it's doable but I'm really not sure how. I've tried it in several ways and nothing happens. Would someone, please, tell me which keys I have to use? Thanks in advance.

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 19 May 2015 20:34

I sure wish you could post pics when you have problems like this.....do me a favor and look through the pages of this thread and see if you can find a pic of where you are - it might help us help you - I don't remember having to do any fancy roll/footwork to maneuver through those lasers.
Of doggie candle fame!

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Post by Gerty » 19 May 2015 21:40

The walkthrough just tells you how Dutchy made it through that specific area.
That doesn't mean it is written in stone Jorge. :D

Maybe you find a better or even an easier way for yourself through those lasers.
I only could do it the way Dutchy did by renaming certain keys to certain moves so all the keys I needed were very close together.
Oops, I did it again... Image

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 19 May 2015 23:19

Thanks a lot, Gerty. Yes, I really did try with different key combinations and all but nothing does it - at least not without renaming keys as you did.

@ mugs: you'd be right in certain situations, but I was asking about a particular move. :)

EDIT: Don't even ask me how but I did it (not the way Dutchy did). I tried to take the measures, approached, took a swan dive and thought I was dead. Only, I wasn't, so I climbed as fast as I could!

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 20 May 2015 00:25

what I meant by my comment was it might be possible for you to reference a picture posted by someone else that will help refresh our memory of the difficulty you're experiencing. is there a reason why you are unable to post your own pic?
Of doggie candle fame!

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 20 May 2015 00:29

I'm not unable if needed. But I was simply asking this: how do you crouch and roll while crouching?

That's a move. It could apply to anything.