Osvaldo - Egyptian Valley - 3 The Obelisk

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

JesseG

Osvaldo - Egyptian Valley - 3 The Obelisk

Post by JesseG » 24 Dec 2014 20:29

Not sure anyone has gotten this far yet, but when they do: I've found my way to the lowest level of the main chamber (after the underwater maze). I then pulled an underwater lever inside the obelisk that raised a trapdoor higher up. Trouble is I can't get ascend the way I came, because the entrance in the explosive mummy room closed behind me earlier. Any idea how to open that door up, or is there another way to climb back up the chamber? I see a trapdoor blocking a ladder in the obelisk, as well as a star receptacle at the end of a monkey swing, maybe I have to deal with one of those...

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Osvaldo- 3 The Obelisk

Post by vimmers » 24 Dec 2014 22:28

Jesse use a monkeyswing to get to a maze in that maze are a lever its for a secret
but not far from that lever are a crawlspace with a star
its around the lever and a green gem in the roof

JesseG

Re: Osvaldo- 3 The Obelisk

Post by JesseG » 25 Dec 2014 15:47

Thank you, I was too lazy to take the monkeyswing because I hadn't seen that hallway there. :-P

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Osvaldo - Egyptian Valley - 3 The Obelisk

Post by Dutchy » 27 Dec 2014 11:11

Any ideas how to open this gate? May be the second missing secret? It's where you get Cartucho 2
Attachments
maybesecret.jpg
The Two most important days of your Life; the one where you are born and the one when you find out why (Twain)

Dutchy's (D&G) Walkthroughs

sprysiazni

Post by sprysiazni » 27 Dec 2014 17:17

What to do in mirror room,see monkey swing on ceiling,how to get there,crowbar spike trap at bottom..anyone?
Scotty beam me up

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 27 Dec 2014 17:46

there are only spiketraps on 1 of the 2 raised blocks

sprysiazni

Post by sprysiazni » 27 Dec 2014 18:04

yes i know,but what to do on this block,where to go next?

Got it... did nasty curve jump to block around spike,then monkey swing to wall,you hear spike trap go off,drop down and go over to use crowbar (now safe)nothing happens,well yes it does,go down back outside(you run into enemy)go left and jump over to newly opened grated door :)
Scotty beam me up

ultraXgiotr99

Post by ultraXgiotr99 » 27 Dec 2014 21:21

Dutchy wrote:Any ideas how to open this gate? May be the second missing secret? It's where you get Cartucho 2
Yes, maybe in that door there is the second secret but for now I haven't found the way to open it....
On Aspidetr.com we are looking for the way to open it :D , for now I have found every secret in first and second level and the first secret of this level

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 27 Dec 2014 21:43

Any help to you on Aspidetr: In the room where you jump the colored spike tiles to trigger the gate are also "scarab" tiles, they activate a trigger triggerer and that one should drop a rolling ball onto the trigger for the gate with a timer of 30. The trigger for the gate is the second square of the ledge in the room with the pool just before you do the timed swim jumps into the gate leading to the Secret gate. But I haven't been able to open the gate. Some of the trigger setups are wrong in this level including a bunch of rolling balls on heavy triggers and you know what those do to your camera work :(

sprysiazni wrote:yes i know,but what to do on this block,where to go next?

Got it... did nasty curve jump to block around spike,then monkey swing to wall,you hear spike trap go off,drop down and go over to use crowbar (now safe)nothing happens,well yes it does,go down back outside(you run into enemy)go left and jump over to newly opened grated door :)
There's a different looking tile on the ceiling (in the mirror), that is the trigger for the spikes under the crowbar lever
Last edited by Dutchy on 10 Mar 2015 11:33, edited 1 time in total.
The Two most important days of your Life; the one where you are born and the one when you find out why (Twain)

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 02 Jan 2015 18:49

I managed to get the second secret in the Obelisk level, this way.

In the room with the spike puzzle you have to avoid stepping on those scarab tiles. Only the green V one has to be used. https://www.dropbox.com/s/198y8tsguw9ig ... 2.jpg?dl=0

When you arrive in this room https://www.dropbox.com/s/8p7fnhy4fjddn ... 1.jpg?dl=0,
You have to open the Timed gate quick, get in and sprint to the secret gate.
It is opened when you go into the room with the pool and closes after 20 seconds (opens only once I think)

Only some shotgun ammo though, not really worth the trouble :annoyed: ....

To show I was there...
secretobelisk.jpg