BtB2014 - The Princess and the Foreigner

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

TOMBR6

Re: BtB2014 - The Princess and the Foreigner

Post by TOMBR6 » 14 Aug 2014 20:05

:bestplay: tnx Gerty
do you love tomb raider, how I love it?!

ambonsall

Post by ambonsall » 15 Aug 2014 07:37

I have 2 questions:

1. I've seen a keyhole for this key yet I can't pick it up...should I be able to?
TR1.jpg
2. Is this Lion key obtained from across the disappearing lit-platform pit, used to open this door - if so where's the keyhole??
TR2.jpg
Thanks,
Adrian
Adrian

TOMBR6

Post by TOMBR6 » 15 Aug 2014 08:10

1. key from first pic you'll obtain in the buildings from second pic. (strange, but i don't see key in this place in my game...)
2. keyhole for lionhead key - in front of you, left from the door (may be some bug occurs and this keyhole became invisible, try to come up and press ctrl)
Last edited by TOMBR6 on 15 Aug 2014 16:28, edited 1 time in total.
do you love tomb raider, how I love it?!

ambonsall

Post by ambonsall » 15 Aug 2014 11:23

TOMBR6 wrote:1. key from first pic you obtained in buildings from second pic. (strange, but i don't see key in this place in my game...)
2. keyhole for lionhead key - in front of you, left from the door (may be some bug occurs and this keyhole became invisible, try to come up and press ctrl)
Thanks for the swift reply. Unfortunately I cannot progress as the keyhole (if invisible) doesn't work at any position left or right of the door. So I can't see if the key that I can't pick up is also in the room I can't open... :roll:

This level appears to have become buggy after it was refreshed last week.
Perhaps the fact that I did not restart the level from scratch after installing the 'corrected' tr4 file, may be a factor.

Not sure if the level is good enough to warrant replaying it from the start.
Adrian

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 15 Aug 2014 12:19

Just downloaded the latest version and the keyhole is here in my game
My advise is to be sure you have a clean copy of the players package and copy the files from the level folder over the ones in the players package and try again.
1.jpg
The Two most important days of your Life; the one where you are born and the one when you find out why (Twain)

Dutchy's (D&G) Walkthroughs

ambonsall

Post by ambonsall » 15 Aug 2014 14:55

I did that Dutchy but still no keyhole.

However by restarting the level from scratch rather than using a savegame from the original version of the level then the keyhole is there and I can retrace all my steps and progress. So must be an interaction of the savegame and the change in level file. Just a shame that the problems in the origional version weren't found before the BTB launch.

On a positive note I see that some people (Jay & Treeble) felt the pushblock posiition to open the trapdoor was impossible to work out other than by random...however the square is actually marked by a different ceiling tile, so the builder shouldn't be criticised for this.
Adrian

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 15 Aug 2014 15:28

Thanks for the note. I remember having looked and not noticing anything different, marked tiles on the ceiling are an old trick after all. :wink:

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 15 Aug 2014 15:37

ambonsall wrote:I did that Dutchy but still no keyhole.

However by restarting the level from scratch rather than using a savegame from the original version of the level then the keyhole is there and I can retrace all my steps and progress. So must be an interaction of the savegame and the change in level file. Just a shame that the problems in the origional version weren't found before the BTB launch.

On a positive note I see that some people (Jay & Treeble) felt the pushblock posiition to open the trapdoor was impossible to work out other than by random...however the square is actually marked by a different ceiling tile, so the builder shouldn't be criticised for this.
hmmm i downloaded all levels around the first minute the was released
and i only encountered 2 bugs so far not this one
so it can maybe be specified to the os the player use
i am using win 7 64

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 15 Aug 2014 17:58

ambonsall wrote:However by restarting the level from scratch rather than using a savegame from the original version
Yeah of course you should not use a save from the buggy level where the keyhole isn't there (although we never encountered this in testing)
The Two most important days of your Life; the one where you are born and the one when you find out why (Twain)

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Location: Gilching-Argelsried, small Villiage near Munich Germany

Post by avmaster » 18 Aug 2014 00:07

zodiac_666 wrote:Well there is no sound of rolling balls and the tiles just stay constant. A game bug maybe?
Same problem in my game. Attached a savegame where Lara is standing on one of the tiles. There is another one but if I am right it is too far away to reach it with a jump. The other two tiles are gone but they were there before and the rolling ball isn`t moving any more. At least no sound of the rolling ball.
savegame.14
(15.58 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
trepsave.14
(12 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
tilesrollingball.jpg
tilesrollingball.jpg (27.71 KiB) Viewed 4560 times
Downloaded the level today at noon.
Da Master

ImageImage
Next Octoberfest: Every year next one from 19.09.15 - 04.10.15

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 18 Aug 2014 00:17

You DID step on that tile you can see left of the pit in your picture? Ah yes I see now you had the rolling ball before...

Seems to be a random bug as we NEVER encountered it before release. Did you try starting the level again?

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by avmaster » 18 Aug 2014 00:41

Dutchy wrote:You DID step on that tile you can see left of the pit in your picture? Ah yes I see now you had the rolling ball before...

Seems to be a random bug as we NEVER encountered it before release. Did you try starting the level again?
Yes, I did run over the tile and the rolling ball started moving and all the tiles were there. Started the level again and got everything I already had found and now the rolling ball is moving and the tiles are there. But for today it is too late to do this jumping sequence(tried it and was too slow). Will give it a try tomorrow but it won`t be easy. I guess the bad guy destroyed two objects and that could eventually cause this problem. Near a bridge are two objects the bad guy destroyed and then they started to rotate in the air. Didn`t let him destroy these two objects(after started new game and collected everything until the buddha offerings) and now the rolling ball and the tiles work.
Da Master

ImageImage

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 18 Aug 2014 01:32

:2thumbsup:

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by avmaster » 18 Aug 2014 11:56

Dutchy wrote::2thumbsup:
Did the jumps over the tiles and have the key and now I have the Quadbike. So on my way again. Thanks Dutchy
Da Master

ImageImage

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 18 Aug 2014 12:10

Hope you'll make it before the week where you're drunk every day :D