BtB 2014 - Marahatanahaduhashitva

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

OverRaider

Re: BtB 2014 - Marahatanahaduhashitva

Post by OverRaider » 20 Aug 2014 16:01

if i remember correctly it a secret , use a torch somewhere in hub area where are two monkeys
lit a statue
Where is no challenge there is a boredom

manarch2
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by manarch2 » 20 Aug 2014 19:06

Thanks. It was the only secret I missed - all are pretty great. :2thumbsup:

ambonsall

Post by ambonsall » 10 Sep 2014 09:40

Disappointingly I cannot seem to finish this last BTB2014 level.

Fighting the Naga towards the end and I have pulled the first lever, giving access to the second lever. However when this is pulled a corner block rises temporarily and a boulder rolls down. Also Nung is let into this area. However she does nothing but stare at me or the nearby wall.

The walkthrough suggests running to the other side of the square and back again. Fat lot of good that did! Just got my backside burnt a few times by Naga!

No matter where I seem to go Nung simply won't climb up to the receptacle and place the Kuku Spell and the 2nd lever can only be used once so I can't encourage her by raising the block again.

This is frustrating as I can make it from the second lever to the rising block & so up to the receptacle, but I'm not allowed to place the Kuku spell in Lara's inventory there. IMHO it would have been better to let the player (Lara) run the gauntlet and place the spell.

Can anyone suggest how to get Nung moving??

Cheers,
Adrian
Adrian

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 10 Sep 2014 11:02

Running back and fro worked for us... Give us your savegame...?

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 10 Sep 2014 13:54

Had the same problem. What did the trick for me is to be quick from the second lever and actually hit that raising (or rather lowering) block where the boulder drops just in time to jump up there where Nung needs to go. Once Lara is up there, Nung will follow...

ambonsall

Post by ambonsall » 11 Sep 2014 02:23

Thanks for the suggestions. At least they have worked for someone - though the fact that different solutions are needed is not encouraging, nor is the fact that , as mentioned above, I have previously tried both methods, but Nung still refused to move.
Will try once more.

[Edit]
...well had to try several times more but eventually after running all aound on the upper ledge dodging fireballs for a number of minutes, Nung finally decided to join me (can't figure out the trigger) and then when she placed the spell Lara is displaced to another corner of the ledge and Naga was (temporarily) killed so I could finish the level.
Thanks Michael!
Adrian

scottchu

Post by scottchu » 23 Sep 2014 17:15

Right after I get the bazooka and mineblower, the walkthough states: "Shoot the Gong to shoot a Bell, the Khannabis Offering." I don't see the gong @@ Does it mean the gong near the pool?
Last edited by scottchu on 24 Sep 2014 13:49, edited 1 time in total.
I may get older, but my heart for Lara is always young!
msn: scottchu_tw@hotmail.com
yahoo: scottchu.tw
email: scottchu.tw@gmail.com

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 24 Sep 2014 08:35

Just a formatting issue in the walkthrough, I think - this line is meant to be the header of the following paragraph, so if you read on and follow the walkthrough it should become clear...

scottchu

Post by scottchu » 24 Sep 2014 13:51

Oh! I see. Thanks!
=====
EDIT: Finished. After playing almost 10 Btb2014 levels, I put my bet on this level to be the best-hard-to-get-secret level. Thanks to whom has made this very clever level. If I am the reviewer, I'll give it a score up to 9.6. Well done!

=====
EDIT: I quite agree with the opinion of reviewer Don007, this level is underrated.
Last edited by scottchu on 25 Sep 2014 14:31, edited 3 times in total.
I may get older, but my heart for Lara is always young!
msn: scottchu_tw@hotmail.com
yahoo: scottchu.tw
email: scottchu.tw@gmail.com

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 24 Sep 2014 17:10

MichaelP wrote:Just a formatting issue in the walkthrough, I think - this line is meant to be the header of the following paragraph, so if you read on and follow the walkthrough it should become clear...
Will tend to that as soon as I have my PC back...Painters in the house,so everything upside down :blank:

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 09 Mar 2017 17:35

ambonsall wrote:
10 Sep 2014 09:40
Disappointingly I cannot seem to finish this last BTB2014 level.

Fighting the Naga towards the end and I have pulled the first lever, giving access to the second lever. However when this is pulled a corner block rises temporarily and a boulder rolls down. Also Nung is let into this area. However she does nothing but stare at me or the nearby wall.

The walkthrough suggests running to the other side of the square and back again. Fat lot of good that did! Just got my backside burnt a few times by Naga!

No matter where I seem to go Nung simply won't climb up to the receptacle and place the Kuku Spell and the 2nd lever can only be used once so I can't encourage her by raising the block again.

This is frustrating as I can make it from the second lever to the rising block & so up to the receptacle, but I'm not allowed to place the Kuku spell in Lara's inventory there. IMHO it would have been better to let the player (Lara) run the gauntlet and place the spell.

Can anyone suggest how to get Nung moving??

Cheers,
Adrian

Well I have tried every thing posted here and she won't move at all and I just get fried! If that block goes up then down, how is she supposed to climb? Oh well...was a good level until now. :(