Da Master

ImageImage
Next Octoberfest: Every year next one from 19.09.15 - 04.10.15

Jack&
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: BtB 2014 - From Cambodia with Love

Post by Jack& » 20 Aug 2014 23:38

Mytly wrote:The Golden Buddha can be found high up on the upper level of the temple. Did you get the jungle sword? If so, use it on the levers nearby, then jump out of a window to get to the upper level. If you haven't got the sword, it's in the room you can open with the key you get from the bottom of the pit.

Thx alot my friend 8)
Hasta la Vista Baby ;)

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Location: Gilching-Argelsried, small Villiage near Munich Germany

Post by avmaster » 21 Aug 2014 08:56

After sliding down and being chased by a rolling ball I jumped and grabed the first rope and from it Lara grabed the second rope and did swing straight ahead onto the platform with the statue. And now ? Is there a way down oder something to do somewhere high above the lower area ?
statuestuckcambodia.jpg
statuestuckcambodia.jpg (24.32 KiB) Viewed 3172 times
Da Master

ImageImage

EssGee
Mod
Mod

Post by EssGee » 21 Aug 2014 09:38

Go via one of the side cliffs. There are some overlaps where you can drop down.
It's Tomb Raider Jim... but not as we know it. :evil:

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Location: Gilching-Argelsried, small Villiage near Munich Germany

Post by avmaster » 21 Aug 2014 10:10

Thanks EssGee. Finished the level. What a great adventure, worth playing it. But not that easy as it is written on the Old carvings where it says This game is not that hard.
Da Master

ImageImage

Mazeh

Post by Mazeh » 22 Aug 2014 16:54

Lara is here (see pic), and doesn't understand at all how to arrive at the spiked ledges upstairs... any suggestions? :blush:
Cambodja.jpg

Mytly
Keen Eye of the Week
Keen Eye of the Week

Post by Mytly » 22 Aug 2014 17:29

Climb the lower one from the corner that is on the lower left side of this screenshot. Pull up when the spikes go down, run over to the next spike ledge, do the same, and jump onto the ledge with the switches. Easier said than done, of course. You may need to sacrifice some health.

Mazeh

Post by Mazeh » 22 Aug 2014 17:37

Thanks, Mytly! I didn't even notice that one of the ledges was lower... :-o

Blacksheep

Post by Blacksheep » 24 Aug 2014 01:29

I used the lion key and passed in front of the two crowbar lever, and went up to this area. I found a movable bell object on the rising block.... but I have no idea what I shoud do in this area. Please give me a hint.
Attachments
スクリーン01 (500x313).jpg
Blacksheep

RelicHunter

Post by RelicHunter » 24 Aug 2014 01:48

Did you pass the hallway with the spikes? You need to walk through them and get the Jungle Sword to operate the crowbar levers. :)

Blacksheep

Post by Blacksheep » 24 Aug 2014 03:01

RelicHunter wrote:Did you pass the hallway with the spikes? You need to walk through them and get the Jungle Sword to operate the crowbar levers. :)
Thanx for your help. I got the crowbar and could moved that bell object. Now I'm in the high room above the big statue. It's great modeling and textured, lighting! :-o
Blacksheep

Clara

Post by Clara » 24 Aug 2014 12:30

I'm at the beginning of this level where I had to raise a pushable object out of a pit. I pushed it onto the tile where it is supposed to be pushed (camera showed a closed door in the pit), but I probably need another pushable object for the opposite tile. I can't use the same one because there are stones in the way. What do I have to do here?

BTW - I got stuck there in the pit because I used the lion key and closed the trapdoors. It is a dead end. There is always one hole open for the raisingblock with the pushi, but it's not necessary to climb out there or backflip from the climbable wall.

Edit: I found out how to use the pushable object, but it only lead me to a secret. So - what's next? :-P

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 24 Aug 2014 14:27

The pushi is NOT for the Secret, but to open a door on ground floor. You can use the wheel for the trapdoors more than once if you need to. Quite complicated to explain, best check the walkthrough. NO dead end here

Down the Hole, Statue Puzzle.

Climb down, as the walls are climbable where the trapdoors are. Go up the staircase S and be careful as some rubbish falls down. At the end the camera angle changes, check your health and just sprint through the spikes and open the double door.

Use the lever; you hear doors opening somewhere. Go back through the spikes and down the stairs and 2 of the doors have opened.

Push/pull the statue that is inside the door in the N onto the dark stone next to the block, under the trapdoors. Now use the pulley wheel in the E room and then push the statue on the block. Then use the pulley wheel in the N room to get it even higher. Climb out of the pit at S side and go to the lattice door N, open it with the Key you have, go in and to the right to use the wheel and close the trapdoor in the pit.

Push the statue to the grates in the NW and SE corners. You’ll get a screenshot of a door opening up.

Secret: Looking down the trapdoors you can see the S side door is now open. Go use the wheel in the N room again to open the trapdoors, go down and into the door S to get Secret #1, the Wheel of the Law Artefact. Go back out of the pit.

Clara

Post by Clara » 25 Aug 2014 11:32

Thanks, Dutchy! I got it! :) :hammer:
But still I have no idea how people should manage it to get out of that pit when the trapdoors are closed. Only the walls at the closed trapdoors are climbable (a bit unlogical that the same texture opposite is NOT climbable :? ) and these closed trapdoors make it impossible for me to backflip through the opening over the lowered raisingblock. It's not a big thing though, since it's at the very beginning of the level.

Meanwhile I've picked up the little golden buddha, but I don't know where the area is that the camera shows here. I examined all the areas where I had been before again and again, but I can't find this place. :blush:

Edit: I still haven't found the place on the screenshot, but started to play using the walkthrough. But nevertheless I'll have to quit the game because of this annoying baboon savegame bug: The further I went, the more difficult it was to load my savegames. And now it seems that it is useless to try anymore. It's a shame, because I loved this level. Kick the baboons out of the wad!!! :-P
Attachments
golden buddha.jpg

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 25 Aug 2014 18:19

Good luck :2thumbsup: