BtB 2014 - Shambala's Pathfinder

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Mazeh

Re: BtB 2014 - Shambala's Pathfinder

Post by Mazeh » 09 Aug 2014 20:15

I'm a little confused. Are you at the bridge where we have two patches of spikes with one lever among them? If so, there are two receptacles, one in front of the other, that can be accessed by grated platforms. The lever controls those platforms; and climbing some blocks, in this area, we arrive at a chain that controls the spikes... if I remember correctly.

Die Basis

Post by Die Basis » 09 Aug 2014 22:49

Thanks for the answer. Yes I mean the bridge with the lever with teeth spikes on every side.

Oh, must have been blind, found the chain now, but it is also protected by teeth spikes.

Then, I climbed higher to the open area with the bridge and turned a wheel switch which apparently lifted a platform. But where is this platform?
And how can i turn off the teeth spikes from the chain?

Thanks for any further help.

The Base

Circle Down

Post by Circle Down » 09 Aug 2014 23:37

That's exactly where I'm stuck at, too. I'm about ready to give up. =/

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 10 Aug 2014 00:22

Ok, I remember nothing from this level so I just restarted it to help you guys lol. :hammer:

The platform you two have raised is actually just underneath that very same wheel switch. Get back outside, drop down to the lower level on the main area and jump into the little opening in the waterfall.

Now tracking now the second carved piece for Mike, hang in there pal!

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 10 Aug 2014 00:49

mbvl wrote:A hint, please, on where to get the second Ornate Wood Carving. I have the one after moving the block twice (mentioned earlier in this thread.)
Ok, there's quite a bit to do before you get the second one. After the first carving you've picked up the first part of the wooden cog, right? That disabled the spikes on the chain mentioned above by Die Basis, so retrace your steps back there and pull the chain. That will shift the spikes on the bridge so you can throw the lever. It will open two doors in that same room, so just jump in there and activate the wheel switch, then dive into the water and find the second half of the wooden cog in the alcove.

With the two pieces, now go up the opening on the cliff wall on the main area, use it and throw the switch, then just hop across the tiny ledges with trees all the way around and you'll eventually find another wheel switch. You'll hear a door opening elsewhere. Get back outside and find the sneakily hidden crawlspace. The second carving awaits you within. :)
shambala.jpg

Mazeh

Post by Mazeh » 10 Aug 2014 04:29

[quote="Die Basis"]Thanks for the answer. Yes I mean the bridge with the lever with teeth spikes on every side.

Oh, must have been blind, found the chain now, but it is also protected by teeth spikes.

Then, I climbed higher to the open area with the bridge and turned a wheel switch which apparently lifted a platform. But where is this platform?
And how can i turn off the teeth spikes from the chain?

Thanks for any further help.

The Base[/quote

Sorry, but I don't remember exactly how the teeth spikes were turned off. The platform that lifted is in the beach area, in the waterfall opening that Treeble talks about. Going back there (a lot of comings and goings in this game, isn't it?), you will find water below the lifted platform, and will arrive at a new area. Perhaps it is there that you take care of the chain.

Christian

Post by Christian » 10 Aug 2014 04:51

After placing the sticks I arrived un a new area. I turned a wheel-switch on a column at the buildung to the right when facing it from the entrance. I heard a platform going up that seems to be nearby but I can*'t find it.
Any help?

Eelkemama

Post by Eelkemama » 10 Aug 2014 10:29

I have a big problem.
When I start the game new and I load a savegame, the game crasht.
I need a lot of new starts before I can play.

Die Basis

Post by Die Basis » 10 Aug 2014 12:25

Eelkemama wrote:I have a big problem.
This is strange, I don't have problems with the level.

Did you try other btb 2014 levels?

Maybe you take a fresh btb2014 level package and try to start it again. You can also try to use old savegames. But, in case the savegame is corrupted, you maybe need to start from scratch.

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Location: Gilching-Argelsried, small Villiage near Munich Germany

Post by avmaster » 10 Aug 2014 12:34

This level crashed more then once on my PC. The screen had been freezing and the whole PC crashed. No way to get back to Windows XP, the only thing I could do was restart the whole PC by pressing reset. I guess 4 GB RAM are not enough for this level and this caused the crash. On the other side 4 GB are enough for Lord of the Rings Online and other games and other TR custom levels like Draculas Return and other BTB2014 levels for example. But no crash when loading savegames.
Da Master

ImageImage
Next Octoberfest: Every year next one from 19.09.15 - 04.10.15

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Location: Gilching-Argelsried, small Villiage near Munich Germany

Post by avmaster » 10 Aug 2014 12:43

Christian wrote:After placing the sticks I arrived un a new area. I turned a wheel-switch on a column at the buildung to the right when facing it from the entrance. I heard a platform going up that seems to be nearby but I can*'t find it.
Any help?
From memory: the wheel-switch created a bridge above that leads to an unlit torch. When you have the lit torch you will use the bridge and the rocks high above to get there with the lit torch. First look for the items you need for the mine field.
Da Master

ImageImage
Next Octoberfest: Every year next one from 19.09.15 - 04.10.15

Christian

Post by Christian » 10 Aug 2014 14:01

Thanks master. I've been up there and without a lit torch there's in deed nothing to do....

mbvl

Post by mbvl » 10 Aug 2014 17:51

Treeble wrote:
mbvl wrote:A hint, please, on where to get the second Ornate Wood Carving. I have the one after moving the block twice (mentioned earlier in this thread.)
Ok, there's quite a bit to do before you get the second one. After the first carving you've picked up the first part of the wooden cog, right? That disabled the spikes on the chain mentioned above by Die Basis, so retrace your steps back there and pull the chain. That will shift the spikes on the bridge so you can throw the lever. It will open two doors in that same room, so just jump in there and activate the wheel switch, then dive into the water and find the second half of the wooden cog in the alcove.

With the two pieces, now go up the opening on the cliff wall on the main area, use it and throw the switch, then just hop across the tiny ledges with trees all the way around and you'll eventually find another wheel switch. You'll hear a door opening elsewhere. Get back outside and find the sneakily hidden crawlspace. The second carving awaits you within. :)
shambala.jpg
Thank you, Treeble. I already had both pieces of the cog wheel switch, and I have been in the crawl space and seen the wheel above. So how do I get up to that high opening above the waterfall?

EDIT: Forum effect! :bestplay:
Mark

Mazeh

Post by Mazeh » 10 Aug 2014 20:18

Eelkemama wrote:I have a big problem.
I'm having this problem too. Up to now, it happened during 2 games, numbers 2 and 4. The only solution I could find was to restart the computer. I'm playing in a notebook with Win 7, but I have a PC with Win XP. Anyone knows if the game would work better if I used Win XP?

Mazeh

Post by Mazeh » 10 Aug 2014 20:31

Christian wrote:Thanks master. I've been up there and without a lit torch there's in deed nothing to do....
This one was the first I played, and I don't remember at all this part. But when I saw the piece about the bridge, I seemed to remember that the lit torch could be obtained up there...