Alex Chap - The Desert of Despair

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Nina Croft
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: Alex Chap - The Desert of Despair

Post by Nina Croft » 09 Jun 2014 23:09

I found the waterskin and drank the water. I drank the water in front of that sign in front of the bar... Nothing. The door remains closed even after I blew the lock... I did not take the crowbar (door closed, no key), I did not open the bar and I decided to take a visit to another level...

Coincidence or not, but I am now inside Mysterious Caves... I picked up the torch, but Lara won't jump into the opening with the torch in her hand. She makes that jump without the torch quite normally, but with it... No way... And if I go inside that tunel without the torch, I come to a burner (I can side flip over it), and then to a gate, running around in circles...

Do I have to open the bar somehow before I visit other levels? Also, do I have to pick up the crowbar and open the crowbar door in the first level, before I visit next three? If so, then please tell me HOW?

If not, if the crowbar and the bar can wait for my return, then please help with that jump with the torch... Or at least tell me how to proceed... In Mysterious Caves level, I am running in a circle (literally) completely lost... :hammer:
Proudly testing Dark City 2... This time as Lima's girlfriend... Making sure he remains diligent :blush: :roll: :angel:
---------
Anything money can buy is cheap (Remarque)

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 09 Jun 2014 23:45

I won't be able to help much because I've forgotten the details of the levels, but you definitely can explore the other levels without having used the crowbar or opened that bar door.
Of doggie candle fame!

mbvl

Post by mbvl » 10 Jun 2014 01:34

Nina Croft wrote:I found the waterskin and drank the water. I drank the water in front of that sign in front of the bar... Nothing. The door remains closed even after I blew the lock... I did not take the crowbar (door closed, no key), I did not open the bar and I decided to take a visit to another level...

Coincidence or not, but I am now inside Mysterious Caves... I picked up the torch, but Lara won't jump into the opening with the torch in her hand. She makes that jump without the torch quite normally, but with it... No way... And if I go inside that tunel without the torch, I come to a burner (I can side flip over it), and then to a gate, running around in circles...

Do I have to open the bar somehow before I visit other levels? Also, do I have to pick up the crowbar and open the crowbar door in the first level, before I visit next three? If so, then please tell me HOW?

If not, if the crowbar and the bar can wait for my return, then please help with that jump with the torch... Or at least tell me how to proceed... In Mysterious Caves level, I am running in a circle (literally) completely lost... :hammer:
I was able to jump in with the torch. Are you jumping from the triangular patch in the corner?
Mark

TOMBR6

Post by TOMBR6 » 10 Jun 2014 07:32

Nina Croft wrote:I found the waterskin and drank the water. I drank the water in front of that sign in front of the bar... Nothing. The door remains closed even after I blew the lock... I did not take the crowbar (door closed, no key), I did not open the bar and I decided to take a visit to another level...

All that should be made, is to read a vimmers' post on second page this tread.

Drinking water in a hot deserted oasis gives forces to the dehydrated organism :) and then strengthened Lara :) can break wooden barriers.
do you love tomb raider, how I love it?!

Nina Croft
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Nina Croft » 10 Jun 2014 12:03

mbvl wrote:I was able to jump in with the torch. Are you jumping from the triangular patch in the corner?
Yes, I tried to jump in from that triangular block but Lara always bumped her head against the doorway... I am back on trying that jump again :) Hopefully the forum effect will kick in :)

Thanks!
Proudly testing Dark City 2... This time as Lima's girlfriend... Making sure he remains diligent :blush: :roll: :angel:
---------

TOMBR6

Post by TOMBR6 » 10 Jun 2014 12:25

Excuse, Nina, I have read only the two first lines of your post :hammer:

Nina Croft
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Nina Croft » 10 Jun 2014 12:37

TOMBR6, it's okay, no harm done... As long as we remain active and want to help, everything is PERFECT :daisy:
---------

Jay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Jay » 10 Jun 2014 15:35

OK, I'm stuck again. I've been in the bar and shot everything in sight, plus a few ninjas in the town. Found a load of goodies and a white key which I used in the room with the disco ball on the ceiling. That gave me a cut scene of heaven knows where. I obviously need the key for the building that initially required three keys. Where is it, or who is supposed to drop it. I can't find any more ninjas to shoot (or giant scorpions for that matter). I can trigger a couple of ninjas in the bar if I step into the red light areas, but by that time poor Lara is burning to death. :dunno:
Time may be a great healer
but it's a lousy beautician

Alex Chap

Post by Alex Chap » 10 Jun 2014 17:11

Climb the Sniper Station, an alarm will be given, you will see 4 scorpions and 2 black ninjas (which may or not be killed by these scorpions), one of the ninjas leaves a key. :2thumbsup:

Jay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Jay » 10 Jun 2014 17:37

Oh, right. I did actually kill some giant scorpions and ninjas in the outside area, but I didn't see a key. I'll go and look again, failing which I still have a save from that part so I can do it again. Thanks. :2thumbsup:
Time may be a great healer
but it's a lousy beautician

mbvl

Post by mbvl » 11 Jun 2014 01:30

I have used the three white keys. I read that I must wait until the sun goes down. What makes that happen?
Mark

Alex Chap

Post by Alex Chap » 11 Jun 2014 13:22

Sleep on the bench of this building.

Nina Croft
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Nina Croft » 11 Jun 2014 14:07

I'm in the level Mysterious Caves... I am in the cave with a bridge and two side tunnels leading to nowhere... There is a pit with quick sand and a crevice above it. I climbed into the CS and took the ammo. I tried to climb out on the other side, but it is impossible, there is a wide pit with quick sand on the other side, which cannot be jumped over...

Hopelessly stuck... How to proceed in this dark cave with a bridge?
---------

TOMBR6

Post by TOMBR6 » 11 Jun 2014 15:39

under the bridge there are grey block, did you jump on it?

Alex Chap

Post by Alex Chap » 11 Jun 2014 16:15

You must kill the dogs that are in front of you Nina. And you must do this without sight. :D