Re: Psiko - Hypersquare - Time Distortions

Post by vimmers » 15 May 2014 18:23

good choice dear
that's the spirit

raidertom

Post by raidertom » 15 May 2014 19:35

Tested this again.
The possibility that Lara stands on the slope in front of the third block, is not doable again...
In my game, Lara fails to grab the third block, but comes to stand on the slope and was then able to pull up on the last block and shimmy to the lever - strange :-o

Only hint, I can give: I activated the Flux before using the rockets to reach the first spikeblock.
Selfmade Javascript Minigames: http://www.magierlehrling.de/

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 16 May 2014 11:28

Mugs, I hope you made the run to use the flaming jumpswitch. It is possible to make every move in the game regardless of skill level (but one needs a lot of tries for some moves). This particular sequence may be the hardest in the game because it is so tight in timing and cannot be done without using the TFS. It is not practical to save during the sequence because of both the spikes and the tight timing.

I activated the TFS immediately after pulling the switch which turns off the flames and then ran to the first spike platform. I did not bother with jumping over the fence to jump to the platform, but instead jumped down to the ground, moved forward and used the rockets to go up to and grab the first platform. Then I positioned Lara to make a running jump to the second platform with a grab and climbed onto the second platform. The TFS runs out at this point and you must immediately reset the TFS again before the spikes are active.

The following is from memory because I don't have a save of course. On the second platform during the second TFS align Lara to make a running jump and grab to the third platform (or just running jump to land on with no grab--not sure) and then jump up and grab the shimmy around to the jumpswitch. If you need to set a third TFS do so when possible but do not pull the jumpswitch during the TFS. Wait at the shimmy above the jumpswitch until the TFS stops and then immediately pull the jumpswitch. You should be able to do it just before the flame comes on.

I am not sure if you can do a third TFS during the sequence because of the tight timing. But remember if you want a third TFS you would most likely be wanting to activate it when Lara is using the CTRL key during a grab or shimmy or climbing ladders. You CANNOT use ESC and CTRL at the same time because it is a Windows pre-built hotkey that will crash the game. Resetting the inventory from ESC to something else in the options menu still won't allow the use of the TFS when CTRL is being used--the game will say "No".

I am not sure if Lara jumps to the third platform with a running jump/grab(?)/and then up to grab/shimmy, or if Lara jumps from the second platform to the shimmy bar directly by a running jump. This part is the most difficult part of the sequence and usually requires many attempts to get it right. The second TFS will run out during this phase. I think there is enough time after grabbing the shimmy bar to go around to the jumpswitch while in normal time, but it is tight. It took me between 50 and 100 tries to do this (and 3 of those tries were just to pull the jumpswitch before the flame came on when everything else clicked--that is how tight it is!).

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 17 May 2014 01:11

Hopefully this might still be of assistance, somehow... http://youtu.be/28gTft6uv2Q

A shout out to the amazing spry for sharing his savegames. :2thumbsup:

psiko

Post by psiko » 17 May 2014 14:13

lol the kiss at the end, thank you :2thumbsup:

bene
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by bene » 17 May 2016 23:20

In Philadelphia after using the time flux and jumping the ledges, I pulled the switch and door opened and I got the pick up.
But the timer is still running and I can't get it to stop by reloading.
Since I'm at the end of this part, I will try to get out and into Egypt next and hope the ticking doesn't continue there. :-o

EDIT:
have to re-do as the door is now closed and the pick up is gone :bomb: