Dwight - Soulcalibur III - Excalibur Tales

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

larabiker301

Dwight - Soulcalibur III - Excalibur Tales

Post by larabiker301 » 07 Apr 2014 03:22

Does anyone know what exactly is this game supposed to look like 'cause right now I'm playing a very crude remake of the level editor's tutorial level? I tried everything the setup told me to do and I even tried replacing the FlEP with the regular EXE but I still get the crude tutorial level. When I looked in the data folder, there were more than one file so I know there's something up. I also completed the course but there wasn't a finish trigger so I ended up more weirded out by some circus music in the background. :)
Attachments
SoulCaliberTombRaiderLevelEditor.jpg
The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.
-Paul Valery

Ceamonks890

Re: Soulcalibur III Anniversary (Talims Story)- Excalibur Ta

Post by Ceamonks890 » 07 Apr 2014 04:25

Unfortunately, that's what the levels are supposed to look like, larabiker301. I can confirm so far that three of the levels are just straight rips from TR4/original TRLE files with no real improvements made whatsoever(which are the TRLE tutorial level, Tomb of Seth and the first section of Temple of Karnak). Seriously, all the secrets are in the exact same places and the exact same events from those levels unfold, as you'd expect. Heck, even the level collision has been left unaltered from the original designs for the most part, leading to many instances of Lara seemingly passing through walls at points.

On top of that, the music is completely out of place, sound effects and some objects are an absolute mess, there are several serious glitches(possibly more, if I continue to proceed further) and the texturing is simply awful. I don't think I've played a levelset in quite a long time that has left me utterly appalled at the overall quality as a whole.

And at 562 MB, that's a lot of internet data wasted to download what is essentially a copy/paste job of Core Design-made levels, only made to look much worse. I can't confirm yet that the other levels are mere copy/paste jobs, but from the looks of it, it seems to be the case.

So far, I'm just not impressed at all :annoyed:

Scottie
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Scottie » 07 Apr 2014 06:51

You're not alone...

I'm in the half of the second Level and I have put it on hold for now, because I wanted to know, if it will be better later on. But when I read your posts... :roll:
Resistance is futile

Ceamonks890

Post by Ceamonks890 » 07 Apr 2014 07:26

Well, I give up on trying to play levels in this release the legit way(as these latter level designs are just so bland, boring and uninspired to run around in.)

Using a little trick(involving renaming level files to take the place of an earlier one and vice versa), I've seen what the latter level designs look like through this method to an extent and while they thankfully aren't simple copy/paste jobs(unlike the first three levels), that doesn't make them any more fun to move around in.

While I was running around trying to figure out where the hell I'm supposed to go next in these maze-like levels, I started to feel tempted to go play something else. Literally anything else seemed more entertaining to me at that point, than continue to go through any more of this tedious slog.

For any user who plans to go download this at some point, DON'T!! It's not worth playing at all and you'll quickly grow bored the further you go into it. Although I think I've seen/played enough to do a hopefully fair review on this levelset. Stay tuned for my full thoughts! :wink:

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Vivi Carol - Soulcalibur III - Excalibur Tales

Post by vimmers » 07 Apr 2014 15:16

i know this a copy of last revolution levels
but until now noone of you have being stuck in the levels
so please take the the discussion to Chat About A Level viewforum.php?f=27
rgs vimmers
hit f5 often in the forum

manarch2
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by manarch2 » 07 Apr 2014 15:23

... though it does give helpful informations on how to not get stuck in this level (don't play it)...

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 07 Apr 2014 17:15

3480 "likes" for 530 downloads (as of now)? Interesting, to say the least.

Edit: 538 downloads, and now up to 10,026 "likes."

Another interesting fact - A thread about this release in the Chat About A Level forum describes it in glowing superlatives (unless the whole thing is dripping with sarcasm, which I strongly suspect). Assuming both threads are legit, I wonder which is the more accurate one. Probably this one.

larabiker301

Post by larabiker301 » 08 Apr 2014 01:12

Can anyone give me a hint or a clue as to where this last object is located because; I've been searching all over the underground maze for it and I'm about two seconds from turning the background music completely off.
Attachments
SoulCaliberTombRaiderLevelEditorVailentMissionPuzzleRoom.jpg
The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.
-Paul Valery

manarch2
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by manarch2 » 08 Apr 2014 09:31

I vaguely remember that it was pretty near the start, but I honestly forgot exactly where.

Manuel

Post by Manuel » 08 Apr 2014 11:33

Anyway, I'm going to keep playing. How do I do so that Lara will not continue to rise by post? :?

Apofyse

Post by Apofyse » 08 Apr 2014 11:33

Very frankly, leaves this excellent level let and pass fast has an other one, this new design of game is not really for everybody!

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 18 Sep 2014 12:06

larabiker301 wrote:Can anyone give me a hint or a clue as to where this last object is located because; I've been searching all over the underground maze for it and I'm about two seconds from turning the background music completely off.
This hint might be totally late, but I just launched the game today. The Generator Fuse is located near the first crowbar switch that is placed in the maze. The door covering the item might be open instantly, but I'm not sure about it.

I on the contrary have a problem with this item:

But I managed to finish the level without opening these two doors anyway. I think I did something out of order - very likely, because I negotiated the sentries without disabling them (considering it possible). Unless this is the 12th secret, if I didn't skip it in one of 3 preceding levels.

There are some hint cameras around but they are missing a target, so they might point to the item I lack.

EDIT: Never mind, I found it 2 minutes after posting this, it's in the troll/valkyrie part - the only working camera hint that's also triggered from there must have distracted me.
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Dwight - Soulcalibur III - Excalibur Tales

Post by DJ Full » 18 Sep 2014 13:54

I'm now in the 5th level, in Venice (?), and encountering 3x Bartoli's thug + 1x Jill demigod, without possibility to draw the grenade gun (Magic Staff) I obtained earlier. I tried a weapon cheat but I can't draw anything else as well, so I think this was intended. Got the second Mask or Horeifify but without a clue where to put it (never seen a slot). Also, I have some Garden Wires and I tried to use them in that greenish place I found the Firaga in, but there's also no slot in sight. Moritz - You seem to be the only one who reached that far. What did I mess up?

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 18 Sep 2014 17:29

You didn't mess up, the builder did... :D

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 18 Sep 2014 18:14

Yep, I know - but so far I managed it through all the glitches and the point only is if there's a way out or not :)