Quasar - Wreck of Blue Storm - Neptuns Quarters

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

TheBoo

Re: Quasar - Wreck of Blue Storm - Neptuns Quarters

Post by TheBoo » 20 Mar 2014 19:16

Dutchy wrote:Remember Room B1 where you turned off the steam on the ledge before (down the trapdoor in the Neptune lounge), in room B1 the N opening where you opened a trapdoor.. get in there
Thank you Dutchy...have placed the roses and am looking for the place revealed in the camera view.

It is difficult to keep up with where I've been, there are so many places to go. Liking this level, though. :2thumbsup:

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 21 Mar 2014 08:50

Go back to the Main lounge (big hall with the neptune statues) and W into that door

Writing a walkthrough was the only way I could get through this level without being lost every time :lol:

A_De

Post by A_De » 24 Mar 2014 13:18

I wish I had a map of this level. It became so confusing... And there are nasty wraiths and timed runs. Great. :bigcry:
Now I think the reviews lied. Well, I won't write a review, even if I ever finish this game. I'm sorry, forgive me if you can.

Mazeh

Post by Mazeh » 24 Mar 2014 15:22

A_De wrote:I wish I had a map of this level. It became so confusing... And there are nasty wraiths and timed runs. Great. :bigcry:
Now I think the reviews lied. Well, I won't write a review, even if I ever finish this game. I'm sorry, forgive me if you can.
I quite agree with you, A_De: a map would be highly desirable. In fact, after completing the first level and seeing the beginning of the second, I gave up. Too many comings and goings and backtrackings by blueish or brownish rooms, all of them quite similar, in a labyrinthic ship. I was lost most of the time, and although the timed runs weren't that hard, still they entailed very long (and complicated) paths to go. As to the reviews, they are quite right in praising the builder's skill, the beautiful realism of the level, and that blessed lighting, but in what refers to gameplay... well, I'm very sorry to say that the part I played was not enjoyable at all; nevertheless, I recognize the author's hard work, and I'm very glad to see that the level has pleased so many people.

Loupar

Post by Loupar » 03 Apr 2014 10:08

The savegames doesn't work, Why?

The game crashes when I try to load one of the downloaded savegames, and when I finally load one one of them some objects are missing. I'm playing in windowed mode.

Quasar

Post by Quasar » 05 Apr 2014 17:07

Indeed, I've just tested (I have W8):

- savegame.0 seems to work
- savegame.1/2 crash
- missing objects on savegame.3/4/5
- savegame.6 seems to work

Does this happen to other people? If it does, I'll provide new savegames.

Loupar

Post by Loupar » 06 Apr 2014 08:12

Quasar wrote:Indeed, I've just tested (I have W8):

- savegame.0 seems to work
- savegame.1/2 crash
- missing objects on savegame.3/4/5
- savegame.6 seems to work

Does this happen to other people? If it does, I'll provide new savegames.
I've downloaded one savegame from this thread and it didn't work (missing objects). Then I downloaded the savegames included in the walkthrough and the first one, after the timed run just crashed the game.
My OS is Windows 7 64bit.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 06 Apr 2014 10:48

The downolad has seperate a script for W8, the saves in the walkthrough made in W8, probably won' t work in another OS. Will look it up and maybe put a reminder in the walk. Just put your save of the point whereyou're stuck in the forum, state your OS and there will be plenty of players willing to help you out.

Loupar

Post by Loupar » 06 Apr 2014 20:19

Thanks Quasar and Dutchy.

Torry
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Torry » 13 Apr 2018 00:26

Used the pressure pads as described in the walk through but the door refuses to open. The provided saves do not work of course as they are for Win8. Also, this game will only allow one save slot. F5 will not bring up the save option screen to select a save slot (although it does save in the first slot) which is all that it allows. Just about ready to can this. Hate when levels get released when they do not work on all O/S as intended.

Never mind. I changed the pix folder to pics and re-started the game and the saves and load screens now show up and work. Still cannot read the pda however.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 13 Apr 2018 07:18

Weren't those pages of the pda in that pix folder? If you changed its name, the game can't find them

Torry
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Torry » 13 Apr 2018 07:44

Hmmm, I think I would rather have access to the save/load screens than the pda though.