A & G Croft - The Forgotten Tale - Running against time

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Nina Croft
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: A & G Croft - The Forgotten Tale - Running against time

Post by Nina Croft » 17 Jan 2014 16:41

Me again... I managed that pole jump somehow... Jumping near the wall did not help and I have no idea how it worked (I jumped from the middle).

Now I have another problem... I am in the room with four cages protecting four pulleys. I used the JS in the pool below, the torch, I used the scroll, moved two statues and pressed a button on the galery above.

Three cages are now down, one is still raised. Also, there is a UW lever in the pool which opens a UW gate nearby. There is another UW lever just behind this gate. I used it and did not notice anything changed...

How to proceed (to lower the second cage from the entrance)?
Anything you can buy with money is cheap (Remarque)...

Christian

Post by Christian » 17 Jan 2014 20:13

Did you also use a torch?

Nina Croft
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Nina Croft » 17 Jan 2014 21:06

Yes, I did.

I found out what I forgot to do. There is a floor lever on the gallery with four push-statues and the button. I did not see it the first and second time over :) :bestplay:

Now I am jumping around the city, we'll see how soon I can get stuck again :D

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 18 Jan 2014 00:10

Sorry to add to the mix again regarding the third and final star but I STILL can't locate it and am getting very bored now of retracing my steps. I don't understand how to even get to where that arrow was on the screenshot. I want to try the shortcut that Mugs suggested but don't understand that either. I'm on the ledge with the button near the aqueduct - am I supposed to jump OVER that grate? (This is standing on the edge of the ledge with the button to my left inside the cave). Only Lara won't grab it and nor will she jump over it - she just either falls short or bangs her head. I don't mind a challenge but seriously, this is doing my head in now after hours and hours of returning to this part and still going around in circles :roll:

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 18 Jan 2014 03:35

I think these pics may be able to lead you to the star (in the first pic, Lara is standing beside the aqueduct - she has dropped down onto a ledge beside it):
Attachments
adr7.jpg
jump down to that platform, turn around and look to your left for the opening in the next pic.
ard6.jpg
jump into that opening - the star is right in front of you.
Of doggie candle fame!

Nina Croft
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Nina Croft » 18 Jan 2014 11:34

@High Priestess

I'll try to contribute to Mugs's explanation. I don't know which star you found, so I'll mention all three.

First star: In the alcove before you climb up into the triangular CS near three star-receptacles. You get there from the left-hand aqueduct, by run-jumping into the big opening in the cliff to the left. Second star: Near the closed gate with push-block... You have to go down to the bottom of the canyon and find an opening in the corner (opposite the man-made building). This passage leads to a steep ledge from which you have to bounce off and grab the higher ledge. From there the route is more or less obvious until you drop behind the pushable rock near the gate. The star is right there. Third star: You have to push the rock through the gate and open another gate nearby. Now, you have to go down. As you did the first time, go down towards the bottom of the canyon. Once you drop to the lowest (and longer) ledge, do not drop down to the steep blocks on the bottom of the canyon. The gate you opened is on this very ledge, a bit above in the cliff (you are on the opposite side of the canyon from the man-made building. Let me know if we managed to help you :) Good luck!

Mazeh

Post by Mazeh » 18 Jan 2014 18:43

I'll also add a contribution: Lara can reach the ledge of the second star by hanging in the edge of a big opening that is beside the ledge, and shimmying there. Afterwards, she can go back by the same process, because the crack in the rock is easily accessible from the star ledge. So, if Lara's position is convenient, there's no need to descend to the bottom of the canyon.

mbvl

Post by mbvl » 21 Jan 2014 01:06

Nina Croft wrote:I used three stars and opened the door. However, in my game Lara simply won't grab that horizontal pole. I tried stand jump with grab from every possible part of the rock, I tried the run jump (too far), and nothing worked.

What's the trick with this jump? Somehow, the run jump is too far, and the stand jump is too short...
Actually what I found is that the stand jump is also too long. One step back from the front edge and the stand jump worked first time.
Mark

cory

Post by cory » 23 Jan 2014 17:00

Nina, dear, where did you find the torch? I've only got one of the cages down, I've pulled some underwater levers, got the big spikes down in the corridor leading to the area where I need to open some doors and place the scroll but I have no idea where the torch is and how to open the silver door on top of the building. Also, I've tried jumping on the poles sticking out of the wall but Lara won't grab the second one, besides, I don't see where she could go off the second one. Help!

raikutee

Post by raikutee » 23 Jan 2014 17:59

OK, I am stuck at the rope swing.(I hate these thing because I really suck at them!)What is the trick to get Lara to the other side?? It seems too far.
If you don't Stand for something..... You will Fall for anything.

cory

Post by cory » 23 Jan 2014 18:06

Raikutee, do you mean the rope swing across the area with big wheels turning? You have to try until you succeed. It took me a few times before Lara managed to jump onto the block.

cory

Post by cory » 24 Jan 2014 14:04

Guys, I'm stuck in the area with the two pushable soldiers on a higher floor. I've lowered all the cages in the other room and a crate appeared in the area with the soldiers but I don't know what it's for. I pushed the soldiers onto the tiles but only one of their feet are on fire. Don't know what to do about that. How to proceed from here?

Nina Croft
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Nina Croft » 24 Jan 2014 15:41

Cory,

If you lowered all cages, then you don't have to return to this gallery with push-soldiers any more. You have to use the pulles in the cages below to open the gate nearby and use a lever there.

Raikutee,

If you refer to the rope swing in the big wheels area, then you have to swing and land exactly on the protruding part of the cliff on the other side. Take a good look (even with Binoculars) to see where this protruding block is, and land on it (it should be directly ahead from the place where you run jump to grab the rope).

raikutee

Post by raikutee » 26 Jan 2014 16:39

Made it across the gap. I have now been running around the town for hours and can't see anything to do except get attacked by soldiers. ( I thought I read somewhere there are no enemies in this level hence no weapons???? My kingdom for a gun!!)
Can someone give me a hint where to go? I have tried to get into the canyon, but Lara dies every time.

I found the lever in the alcove with the soldier and climbed the vine wall, but there is a closed door. where do you open it?

Forum effect: :bestplay: Now I have found an opening in another building that I ran by multiple times :hammer: :bestplay:
Do you really need to activate all the soldiers? I know there is one near the building I just climbed into that I didn't seem to go near so far.
Last edited by raikutee on 26 Jan 2014 16:57, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't Stand for something..... You will Fall for anything.

Nina Croft
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Nina Croft » 26 Jan 2014 16:55

Well, as far as I can remember, there is an opening in one building (very hard to locate) in which you have to climb. There is a picture of this opening posted in this thread, near the beginning.

There are also other buildings you have to visit by a bit of climbing. Also, there is a hole near the pool you have to visit as well. Along the way you will collect some keys, open some doors and meet even more soldierd :)

Good luck!