Raidermatti - Three ghost stories - Beth's home.

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Phil
Mod
Mod

Re: Raidermatti - Three ghost stories - Beth's home.

Post by Phil » 17 Jan 2014 14:06

You're right, it worked. Thanks, Nina Croft!

raikutee

Post by raikutee » 02 Feb 2014 16:43

I am stuck at the swing from the second to third rope. I have been trying to get across for 3 days and can't get there. Does anyone have a save just after the rope or if I post my save can someone PLEEEEEEASE do this darned leap for me.
savegame.0
(39.95 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
There is that forum effect again!! I somehow made it. :2thumbsup:
If you don't Stand for something..... You will Fall for anything.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 05 Feb 2014 11:40

I just obtained the Church Key and now lara catches fire everywhere, when I climb the roof for the Secret after raising the block, when I stand somewhere in the snow and turn around.. When I try to get through the CS with the fire flies... This a known bug or..???

Went back to a save, tried again without raising the block for the Secret, still die when getting into the CS with the flies... So end of the Game for me... :annoyed:

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 05 Feb 2014 16:24

yeaaaaa finally we get Dutchy down on earth :)

no i am sorry to hear that have you tried to start a new game then save then load 1 of your old sg

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 05 Feb 2014 20:04

Dutchy, this is a known bug, and the most serious one in the game. I mentioned it in one of my posts in December. I do not know what causes this bug, but it can be stopped/fixed.

The game is still playable from the point you got the church key. Immediately after getting the church key and pulling the lamp switch to raise the outside block (even though Lara will catch fire if she goes to the problem places) go into the Cemetery level to reset the level memory variables in the game. Now save the game in the Cemetery level and go back to the Beth's House level. Lara should be able to climb the block to the roof and get the secret. Lara can also go into the crawlspace to pull the switch to open the gate to the Church level.

I tested this on my Windows 8.1 computer an hour ago AFTER you posted your problem, and the above worked. My savegame with the church key had the fire bug too.

The best parts of the game are after this, so you should definitely keep playing. I hope this works for you.

P.S. This bug also occurs on Windows 7 where I played the full game, and the game plays better in WIN7 -- it is sluggish in Windows 8.1.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 06 Feb 2014 21:32

Maybe I'll give it another go... :wink:

Manymee

Post by Manymee » 28 Oct 2018 19:26

TombTitan wrote:
05 Feb 2014 20:04
Dutchy, this is a known bug, and the most serious one in the game. I mentioned it in one of my posts in December. I do not know what causes this bug, but it can be stopped/fixed.

The game is still playable from the point you got the church key. Immediately after getting the church key and pulling the lamp switch to raise the outside block (even though Lara will catch fire if she goes to the problem places) go into the Cemetery level to reset the level memory variables in the game. Now save the game in the Cemetery level and go back to the Beth's House level. Lara should be able to climb the block to the roof and get the secret. Lara can also go into the crawlspace to pull the switch to open the gate to the Church level.

I tested this on my Windows 8.1 computer an hour ago AFTER you posted your problem, and the above worked. My savegame with the church key had the fire bug too.

The best parts of the game are after this, so you should definitely keep playing. I hope this works for you.

P.S. This bug also occurs on Windows 7 where I played the full game, and the game plays better in WIN7 -- it is sluggish in Windows 8.1.

Hey it's nearly Hallowe'en so I figured it's time for some sweet Christmas levels, and this one is one of my favourites. However.

I just got my Church key, I pulled the switch for the secret, Lara burned to death on the roof. I tried getting into the CS by the fireflies - Lara burned to death. I read up on it, ran into the Cemetery level - Lara burned to death (even before it loads).
:cry:
I even tried a save from 2017 - pretty much at the same place and time in the game - and she dies everywhere.
Has this been fixed so I could just download it again?

Tartan

Post by Tartan » 29 Oct 2018 13:56

Once you pick up the church key, you first go to the Cemetery level to avoid the fire bug.

https://youtu.be/_UQdFdqabCQ?t=124

Manymee

Post by Manymee » 29 Oct 2018 22:45

well I hope this is going to be fixed because my last safe save is about 45 mins earlier. I saved just after activating the secret (the switch that raises the block that leads to Cindy's Roof of Death)
did I mention I tried running to the Cemetary first?

Tartan

Post by Tartan » 30 Oct 2018 02:56

The way TombTitan was saying is the best choice. But if you stop or turn back before entering Cemetery level, Lara often burns.

This is the file I saved at the beginning of the video I introduced. (Before using pool key)
Attachments
savegame.2
(37.67 KiB) Downloaded 32 times

Manymee

Post by Manymee » 30 Oct 2018 06:19

oh wow you still have a savegame! My hero <3 thanks :)