Raidermatti - Three ghost stories - Beth's home.

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Anna27
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: Raidermatti - Three ghost stories - Beth's home.

Post by Anna27 » 24 Dec 2013 11:54

When you push barrel to the other side of fence, then If I remember look for different texture in celling and push barrel under it.

And I have another problem. I have that mouse but I still don't know what to do. The Cindy's bedroom is still closed (I don't have a key), I don't know how to open underwater gate. I think it's something about scale, but I don't know where is waterskin. I got battery, 3 ropes.

TheBoo

Post by TheBoo » 24 Dec 2013 12:09

Anna27, what happens when you push the barrel under the correct tile? I pushed the barrel on every possible square on the other side of the fence and didn't hear anything change.

edit: Nevermind, I just found it..it wasn't the ceiling tile, it was the tile under the walkway. There was no sound or sign that the block had lowered, an I never saw it. :blush:
Last edited by TheBoo on 24 Dec 2013 12:25, edited 1 time in total.

Anna27
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Anna27 » 24 Dec 2013 12:11

In the end of room there is textured block. When you push barrel to correct place the block will lower. There is no cutscene, so you must check it yourself.

themorpethian

Post by themorpethian » 24 Dec 2013 13:00

Seemingly I'm out of the game.
Got the mouse,glass used the pizza and coffee and dough.
Found out on this forum I need to light the fire in the first house.
So went back to the area where you light the torches at the first church so I could use one
on this house fire. Get there no torches nothing not even an unlit one all disappeared, so stuck!

So could someone please give me a savegame near where I am so I can carry on.

Thanks in advance

Themorpethian

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 24 Dec 2013 13:30

torches are in the attic up the ladder
shoot the lock from the staircase

themorpethian

Post by themorpethian » 24 Dec 2013 13:36

Ahh.
Vimmers dont have the laser sight.

Thanks for the reply.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 24 Dec 2013 13:42

you shall also use the glass in cindy's kitchen
when you open the door are the sight in her bathroom

themorpethian

Post by themorpethian » 24 Dec 2013 13:50

Thanks Vimmers.
I was looking for water for the glass. In the new house now.

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 24 Dec 2013 16:59

Hey. Just got the mouse, anyone knows where to use it? Sweet (newborn) Jesus, this game is soooo obscure... One of those where I have no idea if I'm blind or stupid... AT LEAST a camera hint!!! would be REALLY needed, because it's ridiculous to search for an elusive slot throughout 3 levels open to exploration :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
woof

Raidermatty

Post by Raidermatty » 24 Dec 2013 18:31

Use the mouse near the cat.
There are A LOT of camera hints, btw. When Lara looks at a point, or when a camera shows a point it means that there's something to do there. ;)

Raidermatty

Post by Raidermatty » 24 Dec 2013 18:45

You have to open Cindy bedroom's to go to the cat. So you need the key that's in the pool, protected by a gate that you can open with the waterskin. The waterskin is in the Crypt of Treasures and you have to find a Circle Stone to open it. The Circle Stone is under a snowy raising block that you activate by a Cassette-Tape wich you can find in the attic of Beth's Home.

Have you lit the chimney in the main hall of Beth's home? Have you been in the attic shooting to a locket on a trapdoor on the ceiling of Beth's Home?

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 24 Dec 2013 19:11

Raidermatty wrote:You have to...
Thank You :D So I presume I missed something in the Crypt of Treasures... going back in there!
woof

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 24 Dec 2013 19:51

Mattia, You might think You put lots of hints, but when such a vast space is explorable, the density drops. Also what matters here is giving a hint in a proper moment. Examples:
1) When I picked up a "Battery", before using it in every place that requires electricity - as in:
- taperecorder
- CD player
- christmas trees.
2) When I picked up the dough, I tried both ovens with that.
3) When I picked up the LaserSight, I tried shooting:
- all christmas star ornaments
- all pictures
- the vase in the central room
- snowmen figures
- letter box.
All the above unnecessary trial and error was only caused because, in particular moments, there was no hint pointing to the desired place. Forcing players to do such things makes no sense and doesn't make us smarter either. A level should be clear, and, in its difficult spots, the way out should be blocked to avoid confusion ;)

In case of the camera hint that points to use the cheese, I admit it's applied well - but there is also a shatter lamp on the indicated square, so when I shot it, I thought the work is done there. As a result, I only stumbled upon the cheese hole by accident.
woof

Gabi

Post by Gabi » 24 Dec 2013 20:34

I am sooo stuck.
Can't get out of Beth's house or garden. Hint would be appreciated.
So far I have found a letter (which does not fit in the letterbox outside one of the gates), a glass, some dough (can't do anything with it in either of the ovens), a battery (which does not fit in the cassette player in the bedroom), a coffe's cup, and two ropes.
I have read every single post here (and in the other thread) but still don't know what to do. :blush:
Apparently the attic key is in the basement, somewhere near a round door. If said round door is after going through the crawlspace, then I can't access it as Lara refuses to go through that crawlspace (I am talking about the one in the cave).

Help!!

Edit: Forum effect! :yay: For the time being I am on my way again. (No doubt I'll be back later, though. :blank: )

sandy2

Post by sandy2 » 24 Dec 2013 21:51

stuck .. stuck ... stuck! ....... I am in Beth's house ....... have crowbar, coffee cup, letter, glass, battery, 2 ropes, pizza dough, golden cross and revolver .............. I 've been in the cellar, found a round entrance (can't open) ... ... what do I do now? I don't have laser sight, cheese, mouse, etc? .. .... thanks for any hints!