Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Lakota - Braveheart's Sword - The Lost Sword

Post by Sylwia » 02 Aug 2013 16:42

Stuck here... have no idea where those figures should stand :-P

Lakota

Re: Lakota - Braveheart's Sword - The Lost Sword

Post by Lakota » 02 Aug 2013 17:41

The 2 towers, the queen and the bishop are pushables, If you don't play chess it's gonna be a little hard for you, so each time you place the right piece on the right tile a torche light up, I'll give you the solution if you're too much stuck :D

Sylwia
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Sylwia » 02 Aug 2013 17:56

I'm stuck here for 2 days, so solution will be nice ;)

Lakota

Post by Lakota » 02 Aug 2013 18:07

Okay just like the screen you post, first push the first tower on your left till the edge (face the black king), then push the queen straight ahead till the edge (face the black king), push the second tower on your left untill you are on the ligne next to the first tower, and the bishop must face the black king but in diagonal, hoping you could understand what I'm saying. :D

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 03 Aug 2013 11:58

i can play chess but since the game not moving the pieces
its a illegal game
you can't have 3 pieces in chess mode at same time :D
without the game shall move its king

Lakota

Post by Lakota » 03 Aug 2013 12:03

Tomb Raider isn't the real life. it's a game and besides is not about playing real chess.

raikutee

Post by raikutee » 03 Aug 2013 20:59

I'm stuck for the first time on this game. I am in the scale room and for the life of me can't remember how to combine the skins to end up with 4 liters.
(I am assuming that is the correct number taking the maces on the wall as a hint)

edit: I remembered 2 seconds after I posted. :hammer:

Finished.
:fireworks4: :fireworks3: Bravo! Very good level. :fireworks3: :fireworks4:
If you don't Stand for something..... You will Fall for anything.

Taz2

Post by Taz2 » 05 Aug 2013 15:34

I love this game, but am stuck tring to put out the fire on the pushable lever by pulling the chains. Help, please.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 05 Aug 2013 16:23

start with the middle then the left
when you look at them from entrance

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 05 Aug 2013 18:46

I finished this game two days ago but at that time I missed some secrets (as most players do). I have since gone back to my saves and found all 15 secrets. Here are screenshots of the 2 hardest secrets to get in Braveheart's Sword without revealing any clues about their locations:

The cell key (to get the gold shield) in the St. Andrews Cross level and the bronze shield in the Lost Sword level. Toss a coin as to which is the more challenging to get.
shot004.jpg
shot001.jpg
This is a very enjoyable and outstanding game, and definitely worthy of a high place in the Hall of Fame. Everyone who plays custom Tomb Raider levels should play this one.

There are a few technical flaws (as in any of these custom levels). Lara can go onto most of the roofs in the Old Chapel level and enter the Highlands (grassy areas with the "end of the world" and "incomplete walls" effects) from the roof with the 2 flags where the soldier was. She can get back from most of these grassy areas (no cheats), however, there is nothing of use in these locations. She can also enter the McDonalds Storage area before the gate has been opened, but that is clearly wrong (and she cannot get back). Also, the window on the roof of the church doesn't open unless the shooter throws grenades at Lara. Lara may kill the shooter before this happens, and it may be necessary to reload a save.
In the World of Deads level Lara can also jump and grab the cage wall (and go through it) and enter it to be able to ultimately use the lever below where the ice wraith is activated. In this wrong scenario Lara never goes into the high temperature room or uses the monkey swing. In the Fire Dragons level Lara can use a torch to raise pillars. But neither the torch nor the pillars seem to serve any critical function since Lara can use an easier path to open the gate in the pool without ever jumping on the raised pillars. However, maybe they trigger something later in the level which I am unaware of since I did light the torch and raise the pillars during the game I played.

:) Thanks Lakota for an enjoyable time.

Lakota

Post by Lakota » 05 Aug 2013 19:57

Lara can knee down and use pistols those two Windows are shaterable, to tell you more I always kill the sas before to break the Windows, because I already knew he was here and I didn't want to waste my time during the tests . and I didn't notice in old chapell the end of word and to get into the warehouse without the keys, I'm gonna kill my beta testers. :hammer:

I don't think you found one of the most hidden secret, there is one in the level The last sword if you find it I will take you as my beta testers.
Last edited by Lakota on 05 Aug 2013 20:41, edited 1 time in total.

Taz2

Post by Taz2 » 05 Aug 2013 20:36

I'm at the second water-scale puzzle, & I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to put 2 litres of water on the scale, but Lara seems to keep dumping it on the floor. I've tried to pour from every side. Maybe it's not 2 litres???

Never mind...I'm just dumb!!! helps to pour into the right side!!! :hammer:
Last edited by Taz2 on 05 Aug 2013 20:41, edited 1 time in total.

Lakota

Post by Lakota » 05 Aug 2013 20:39

You must be very close to the scale to pour water in it, when you pour on the flour it's because you position isn't good. I remember 4 liters for the first one and I can remember for the other one, I think it's two but I'm not sure,

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 05 Aug 2013 21:23

Based on your reply, I just checked the pistols and Lara does indeed shoot one of the 2 window panels with pistols while in the crawl position. I never tried that before because when I first played the level the soldier immediately threw grenades when Lara got on the roof and the windows broke. When I was checking things yesterday with regards to roof jumping I found the soldier was not throwing grenades.

With regards to flaws, I never used cheat moves, nor could Lara go through walls or cages or anything. Lara can not fly since there is no DOZY. Lara can get into McDonalds Storage by jumping over walls and roofs in the grassy "end of the world" highlands areas -- not in the main area. Of course, this was obviously not the right way to play the game as I stated in my previous post.

Lara can jump onto the cage from the pillar that leads to the high temperature room if one tries to see if Lara can climb the cage. If Lara jumps to the right high side of the cage she will grab the base of the cage floor and automatically climbs into it to then drop down in the middle to the object. This is a well-known Tomb Raider bug in many levels with respect to balconies and ledges with fences (in some custom levels the player is supposed to do this). As I stated in my last post this was clearly the wrong way to play the Braveheart's Sword.

In the room with the torches and high pillars, the trapdoor in front of the blue maltese cross is already raised up when Lara enters the area. Lara can move the pushable block on the ledge on the opposite side of the room to the NE corner of the ledge. Lara can then jump to the NE corner pillar to climb up the rope ladder and climb left to go up into the open hole. Lara then goes through the crawlspace at the end of the corridor and drops down through the hole onto the trapdoor in front of the blue maltese cross and gets it. Voila. She has now opened the gate in the pool and the torch was never lit nor the pillars raised. All by perfectly legal moves in Tomb Raider.

I just checked this again since your reply by starting from the previous area before the long swim passage and killing the knights again, etc. Lara does not need to light a torch!!

I was never able to jump onto the torch-raised pillars from the corner slide or directly because it was too far to jump.

Lakota

Post by Lakota » 05 Aug 2013 21:35

I really don't know all the tomb raider bug (I'm not a player) that's why I check my game the way I suppose players will do, that's why I couldn't find any bugs exepted for the end of world, big mistake, never leave a project for six months.