Raidermatty - League of the Dragons - Eldorado

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Mazeh

Re: Raidermatty - League of the Dragons - Eldorado

Post by Mazeh » 30 Jun 2013 18:52

Thanks for your answer, but I'm not sure of what area you are talking about. Are you referring to the ladder of the shortcut area? If so, I've already found it. And btw, I'd like to remark that I've just found out the second Eldorado Idol, but not by usual means. It was in a maze, but I didn't find the intended path to it; at the beginning of the maze, Lara went left and, at a certain point, the camera has shown to me that at her back was a rock angle that seemed to lead somewhere. Lara jumped back and... voilà: suddenly she was in a new corridor that led her to the second idol ramps!

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 30 Jun 2013 19:03

he probably already have flooded the area
so if you looking at building from the bridge
on left side of the building are some rocks/cliffs you can use to get on top of the building

Mazeh

Post by Mazeh » 30 Jun 2013 19:09

Yes, vimmers and manarch, I've just found out what meant, in the thread, "flooding the area below the bridge". Finding the idol was the key! I finally found the other stone. On my way, and thank you very much!

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 11 Jul 2013 11:06

I am still in the Eldorado level in the area after the big water slide with the boulder and blades, and have only found 5 (of 7) secrets so far in this level (and only have one stone). However, it seems to be impossible to continue from two of these secrets (which anyone can see):

1. The secret (#15?) with the grenade ammo and shotgun ammo(?) on the block in the lava in the room with 4 buttons on the upper level just before the big water slide. It is easy to get to this secret, but it is not possible to jump back, etc. What is the legal move or cheat (if that is what Raidermatty wants like secret #2 in the Square level) to get this secret?

2. The secret (#16?) in the lava room with the button on the pillar (that gets rid of spikes) in the area after the door opens on the balcony in the river (after the big water slide). I have no trouble getting to this secret, but it is virtually impossible to get back. It seems like it is the most pixel-perfect jump of any Tomb Raider game ever or it requires a cheat move. What is the legal repeatable way of getting back from this secret?

Since no one has discussed these in this thread, and everyone has moved on, there must be an easy obvious way of getting these secrets that I don't know. Ordinary jumps and swan dives don't work. Is there another type of jump move, or something else? Thanks for your help.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 11 Jul 2013 11:38

1# jump back to the stone you get up the ladder from. while holding ctrl
2# stand around the middle at the edge jump up the slope. while holding ctrl
and you have to land on the very edge of the slope or else she can't jump long enough

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 11 Jul 2013 14:40

Thanks Vimmers for the prompt reply. Unfortunately, I had tried your suggestions numerous times before I posted my first message. They did not work. I also tried again after your reply with no results. Lara simply cannot grab the stone and always goes into the lava because the stone isn't high enough from the lava for the grab (CTRL) to work. There is probably a game glitch/bug in this level on some PC/keyboard hardware configurations due to the "exact pixel" approach used by Raidermatty. It is too bad he designed the gameplay the way he did because otherwise the game would have been a great one like Dracula's Return, etc. He had very good concept ideas, room layouts, and puzzles; but the jumps and timed runs are too exacting for the keyboard and Windows. Thus this game is merely one of the weaker TRLE games.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 11 Jul 2013 14:49

she shall not grab the stone but land on her feet on it
so keep your fingers away from ctrl
and sorry i meant alt aka jump not ctrl
if you want me to do it just upload a save

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 12 Jul 2013 03:37

Thanks Vimmers. Please try to make this simple jump which my computer cannot do. Jumps like this should not require other players or computers to do them (unlike player-dependent timed runs or special move sequence "exact-pixel" jumps like the other secret which I also cannot do for the same reasons). This usually indicates a game design flaw by the level creator.
savegame.12
(34.46 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Also, I played the game to the London Building level, and missed finding 2 secrets somewhere. Are there any secrets at the very start of the level before Lara reaches the bottom of the pit (I cannot stop Lara from falling), or after using the 2 stones. I assume most of the missed secrets can still be obtained from this savegame (except maybe the one near the first stone which I have). Thanks.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 12 Jul 2013 04:27

i upload my savegame from the end of eldorado

and yes there was a secret at start of eldorado before bottom of pit
you can see how many secrets there are in the readme
in each level
just remember that some secrets you can't get back to
Attachments
savegame.2
(34.51 KiB) Downloaded 90 times

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 17 Jul 2013 02:40

I finally got all 7 secrets in the Eldorado level (have all 18 before London's Buildings). The secret at the start of the level must be gotten immediately after the end of the previous level. Another secret in the level is devilishy hidden and cannot be seen except from a distance at the location where Lara must begin her quest for it (Binoculars would have been nice in this game!).

Vimmers explained how to get the secret in the lava area (earlier post) but the exact positioning of Lara is tricky. The secret on the block (grenades + revolver ammo] in the area where the waterslide access door is located is tricky. It is impossible for Lara to make the jump back to the other block as Vimmers described unless Lara pushes the buttons to open the door in clockwise order only (thus my posted savegame will not work). Lara must jump past the swinging bag and then activate all the buttons and then immediately go for the secret. After pushing all 4 buttons Lara should walk to the end of the path near the ladder (then there seems to be some vibrations) and then go get the secret. Lara can now jump back to the block near the ladder corridor since the game seems to have created an extra invisible edge to the secret block allowing Lara to make a longer jump. Note that Lara can get this secret even after getting both stones by reclosing the waterslide access door and then opening it again as described above.

Five of the secrets in the level can be obtained at any point in the game after they are first encountered prior to the critical gameplay point near the end of the level (none of the secrets can be gotten using Vimmers' posted savegame). Of these five, in addition to the button-area secret mentioned earlier, another secret requires game actions to be reversed in order to get to the secret (but I did not verify that the pickups were still there--only that Lara can access the area).

If you wonder why I bothered with this given Vimmers' posted savegame, it is because his savegame at the end of the level is missing some grenade and MP5 ammo since he seems not to have gotten all these pickups up to this point in the game. I found 420,210,80 of MP5 ammo and 6,6,8 of grenade ammo. Perhaps this extra ammo may prove useful in later levels.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 17 Jul 2013 10:16

You'll get plenty... That's what I liked about this game, no shortage...
The Two most important days of your Life; the one where you are born and the one when you find out why (Twain)

Dutchy's (D&G) Walkthroughs

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 17 Jul 2013 13:41

yes and you actually don't need them your best weapon will be shotgun
to beat the finish boss