players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

eRIC
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Srdjan Rados - Forgotten Ruins

Post by eRIC » 09 Oct 2012 11:51

Anyone started this one ?

1/ There is this big room with a wooden bridge - Below , i spotted an UW lever , this room shall be flooded later on surely , to access some spotted openings.

I have used the torch on a wall torch in a little room accessed after a timed run , that does nothing , As there is another wall torch in another room near by ( i could access that one from behing by water ) but can't open the door so to bring the torch in here.

2/ Also in other big room , after finding a Gear that i don't know where to use , i have brought down a movable block at ground level ; we surely have to place it on the ledge where some statues are , but i can't find a switch that lowers that RB located nearby that ledge with the statues.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Forgotten Ruins by Srdjan Rados

Post by vimmers » 09 Oct 2012 12:23

just found the torch
so a little behind you
but i have found 3 skeleton bones to shoot
and shoot the 2 of them with pistols
but need a revolver or a crossbow to combine the lasersight with
all 3 bones are around in the first big room with waterfalls
for the switch its are inside the crated door i think its that 1
but haven't found a way to open it
and which block could you push i have tried all i think

edit just found a crawlspace in the second big room left of grayish door

eRIC
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by eRIC » 09 Oct 2012 12:37

You're surely right about the bones , have not paid attention to these, that will surely trigger something later on , but i have not crossbow or revolver. (that must be the crossbow as i've found arrows)

The switch behind the crated door , lowers a block indeed in that same 2nd big room , ( the crated door was opened after i've found the Gear and brought down the movable from a room above that one) but not the one near the ledge with statues.

You may have missed the climbable wall with greenery in the North side of that 2nd big room.

eRIC
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by eRIC » 09 Oct 2012 12:55

WHat a fool i am !

The switch lowers/raise also the block near the ledge with statues. I thought it was ain't so maybe because there is another RB behind which is always raised.

Have placed the block on the 2 different tiles of the ledge, but.... nothing seems to have happened ... :(

The good thing is , while searching everywhere what could have happened , i noticed something i had not seen before in that looong corridor
leading to the rooms where we have find torch and fire. :surprised: and got a first key :)

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 09 Oct 2012 13:03

at the crawlspace i talked about use that and the big doors will open
and you can use the broken pillar also :D
ohh and there are a second gear just got the 1 you have
so i have 2

Nina Croft
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Nina Croft » 09 Oct 2012 13:45

I visited the second big room and crawled into the CS, then up the ladder to a burner hallway, jumped across a few slopes and grabed the crack in the wall. Crawled in, went to the left and reached a slope above the JS. However, no matter what I try, Lara won't grab this JS when she jumps off the slope. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Good old forum effect... Do not try to jump at all :hammer:

Proudly participating in BtB2020 contest & testing Dark City 2 (stay tuned)
---------
Anything money can buy is cheap (Remarque)

eRIC
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by eRIC » 09 Oct 2012 13:58

vimmers wrote: you can use the broken pillar also :D
yeah have recently thought "what have we opened those big doors for ?" , but tried to bring the square movable block in the corridor with statues (as there was still one empty place) instead of bringing the statue in the big room :D

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 09 Oct 2012 14:23

ok my turn to be stuck
i have burned 4 skeletons and bones
can't figure out what that do good for

eRIC
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by eRIC » 09 Oct 2012 14:39

I was about to ask the same question ; the 2 blocks are still up and door closed ;

eRIC
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by eRIC » 09 Oct 2012 14:46

Found it : now there are 5 more things to burn with the torch ! Got 3 Cogs/Gears now , but don't know where to place them.
Still missing a Key , the Crossbow , that door to use the first torch once more is still closed.

Nina Croft
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Nina Croft » 09 Oct 2012 15:10

Guys, I am stuck and don´t know how to proceed.

I have visited the corridor with burners and from there used the JS to open the big gate between the first and the second big room. I figured out I have to push/pull that pillar into the second large room, but I don´t know how to proceed from there. I haven´t found any cog or key, two raising blocks are still raised, I can see an opening above one raising block and a closed gate nearby, I can also see a high opening nearby the crawlspace in the second big room, the left hand door in the first big room (left from the gate with keyhole) is still closed, and I am really puzzled how to proceed further. Please, any hint will be much helpful.

---------

eRIC
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by eRIC » 09 Oct 2012 15:17

It seems you also missed the climbable greenery wall in one corner of that 2nd big room (north side) ,

(also a small opening hardly noticeable in the long corridor connected to the big bridge room , corridor leading to the timed door/ torch / another key lock / water )

(I still don't know how to open the left hand door in the bridge room)

Nina Croft
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Nina Croft » 09 Oct 2012 16:06

Is there any way to pick up the mines without being smashed by the boulder? (corridor above the left hand door, just after the many pushblock puzzle)

---------

eRIC
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by eRIC » 09 Oct 2012 16:15

No , i did not succeed :D

I think i have Finished, although there seems to be no finish trigger. After placing the 3 Cogs , a block lowers in the water , and there is an empty corridor and that's all !?

Also , there is a small glitche with the bones shooting puzzle in the bridge room. There is one i had to shoot again ( after the flipmap )
Actually there is only 4 bones , and only for 1 the crossbow was required.

I like the placement of the last key, i should have thought of that earlier, but then we don't always remember that some particular enemy can have this quite particular trigger effect. So i found that by accident , while revisiting some areas again. :roll:

Nina Croft
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Nina Croft » 09 Oct 2012 16:23

I unlocked the door with the key I found above the croks room (the same room with many pushables puzzle) and I cannot grab the ceiling above or the high flat pillar to the right of the doorway. Is that really necessary for the opening of the trapdoor near the burners (or opening of something else, for that matter)?

Alos, I dropped the pushblock into the second large room from the room above, but it is not climbable. I assume that it should be pushed inside the alcove on the walkway with pillars, where I already pushed one pillar. However, both raising blocks are now raised and I don´t know how to lower the nearer of these two blocks so that I can push the pushblock onto it and place it inside the alcove after raising the raising block again.

I admit, I am utterly puzzled with this level.

---------