Dnf productions - Saudi Arabia Episode One - Lab 42V

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

manarch2
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Dnf productions - Saudi Arabia Episode One - Lab 42V

Post by manarch2 » 19 Apr 2012 19:33

I processed with using the levelcheat but now am seriously stuck in this level. In the room with the red and green lasers, the walkthrough advises not to save in it. I indeed did not save and inserted the ID card to turn the red lasers green, but they won't, no matter how often I do this. Once managed it (the first time I entered this room) but died later on without having saved.

Savegame before placing the second fuse to enter the room:
Attachments
savegame.10
(15.58 KiB) Downloaded 86 times

Phil
Mod
Mod

Re: Dnf productions - Saudi Arabia Episode One - Lab 42V

Post by Phil » 19 Apr 2012 20:45

You may already know this, but there was an original version and a deluxe version that was released not long ago. Although I haven't played the deluxe version, I understand that there were some minor changes. Walkthroughs are available for both versions. I assume you downloaded and are playing the deluxe version. If so, be sure that you're also using the walkthrough for the deluxe version, which may address the issues you're having.

manarch2
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by manarch2 » 19 Apr 2012 20:58

The walkthrough on trle.net I used is indeed for the deluxe version (at least it's stated so in the first few lines). And as I said - it actually worked once exactly the way I did it. The strange thing about that is that when it worked, there was no soldier attacking me in that room, but all the numerous trials later the soldier appeared, whereas the lasers didn't turn green.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 19 Apr 2012 22:49

Here's another thought. Both versions of this game can still be downloaded from the Hungarian site. Since you're so close to the end, you might want to download the original version, access the Lab 42V level in the same manner as you did in the deluxe version, and hope that you don't encounter the same problem there.

Dutchy has walkthroughs for both versions posted on his site, if that helps.

manarch2
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by manarch2 » 20 Apr 2012 08:39

Just found out that it's actually possible to reach the second level without finding the Mystical Power (it's somehow strange to leave the reason for the whole game, but at least I can see the final level). So if I don't find any other solution, I'll just move on.

Still, thanks for your tips.

manarch2
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by manarch2 » 20 Apr 2012 08:58

OK now it's getting really a mystery. Just did half of the level again without saving, in the ID card room was no soldier and then it worked. :?

JoeTheCrazyGamer

Post by JoeTheCrazyGamer » 02 Jan 2019 18:10

In the walkthrough page it doesnt give an exact location for the third secret it says this on top of the level "(One of the guards should drop a Secret key to a door SW in the passage West of the Hall, never found it so I didn't get the 3rd Secret here.)" I cannot find it, anyone know where it is, Its the only secret i couldnt get and its bugging me to the point where i've replayed it so many times now.

Anybody have any ideas
"I understand that somehow is in my favour, so indulge me about the dagger. I'd be indebted with your life."