Kurtis Scout - Wings of Apocalypse

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Scottie
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Kurtis Scout - Wings of Apocalypse

Post by Scottie » 16 Jan 2012 23:20

You must find a torch and ignite the barrel. The torch looks like a branch and you can found one near a tree
Resistance is futile

mbvl

Post by mbvl » 16 Jan 2012 23:23

Thanks, Scottie. I have the torch with me, but I hadn't tried to light the barrel.
Mark

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 16 Jan 2012 23:24

TheBoo wrote:There's a medpack behind a gate at the end of the obstacle course...haven't found any way to open it. Is it dependent on a timed run through the obstacle course?
obstacle course ? what obstacle course ? did I miss part of the game ?
Of doggie candle fame!

SteeleRaider

Post by SteeleRaider » 16 Jan 2012 23:56

SteeleRaider wrote:Re- High Priestess

What has worked for me is standing in the corner of the railings and angle slightly left with a regular 3 step jump. Aim for just to the right of center of the pole. I agree the bus stop save is a pain! I've done that jump a bunch of times because I'm trying to jump onto the fire escape ledges on the bldg across the street, No luck so far!
I should add that I have no idea if its necessary or possible to access the fire escape ledges on the back of the bldgs. I seem to be able to leave this level without doing so. Im just hunting for secrets.
Also, Obstacle course? :?

TheBoo

Post by TheBoo » 17 Jan 2012 01:02

Someone referred to it earlier as a "parcours". I called it an obstacle course. I thought maybe it was a timed event and the gate to the garden at the end would open, but I never caught even a glimpse of the gate in an open condition.

In the first level, I never found a way to turn off the lasers and pick up the medpack and guns, although you can ride the bike behind the lasers. But if Lara dismounts, she burns.

I found 9 torches in the first level.

The bike is handy for zooming around, but does not appear to be necessary for anything.

As someone else previously said, I could not save in the second level.

Steeleraider, I also like to find all secrets...but the "bus stop" save system discourages that by making you retrace a lot of steps if you take a chance on a risky jump and die. I wondered about those fire escapes too, but didn't try it because of the save system.

sprysiazni

Post by sprysiazni » 17 Jan 2012 04:10

the "bus stop" save system sucks(check Point)...should of left it at its best..save where you want....game over..deleted
Scotty beam me up

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 17 Jan 2012 14:06

Scottie wrote:You must find a torch and ignite the barrel. The torch looks like a branch and you can found one near a tree

What barrel? I have gun, torch and 3 or 4 shields, oh and crowbar. Can't find anything else. Wish you could save anywhere :(
I Hate Timed Shite!!!!!!!!!!!!

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 17 Jan 2012 15:12

Suz - the barrel is down in the sewer (make sure you take the lit torch with you). there's a room (street level) with a switch cover that you shoot with your pistols - have you done that yet ? if so the sewer access is now open right in front of that switch.
Of doggie candle fame!

manarch2
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by manarch2 » 17 Jan 2012 16:28

Thanks Pablito but I still don't find any secret in the sea in the first level. And I am tired of running through the second without saves. Found all others but one in each level.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 17 Jan 2012 17:22

You can only save in the busstops? That's stupid.. :annoyed: You miss a jump on the roof and you have to get all the way back up there :annoyed:
The Two most important days of your Life; the one where you are born and the one when you find out why (Twain)

Dutchy's (D&G) Walkthroughs

sonnyd83

Post by sonnyd83 » 17 Jan 2012 20:57

someone should suggest to the author to correct the problem with the pole as I'm finding it impossible to manage too - I don't want to have to take this into account when reviewing it

sonnyd83

Post by sonnyd83 » 17 Jan 2012 21:21

just managed the pole jump now
savegame could be useful
savegame.0

Steven Svorticher

Post by Steven Svorticher » 17 Jan 2012 21:42

I just finished the first level and I didn't find difficulty.. I stucked because I wasn't finding the torch and the tricky jump with the pole, but then I solved. while I see in the second level is impossible to save.. so or I finish or I have to do it again plus a little part of the first level. So isn't possible to save, is it? frustrating.. :? :beadyeyes2:

TheBoo

Post by TheBoo » 17 Jan 2012 22:06

Lack of a save system is not as big an issue in the second level...there are no enemies and no risky jumps to make. What chaps my cheeks is to have items in plain sight to pick up (level one, the guns and medpack behind the lasers; level two, the medpack behind the garden gate at the end of the obstacle course) and no apparent way to get them. At least, so far, no one has said they had picked these items up.

I think this will be the last time I play a level before the reviews come out.

Steven Svorticher

Post by Steven Svorticher » 17 Jan 2012 22:19

I've finished the second level now.. yes, theboo, you're right.. there aren't dangerous parts, but I wasn't able to explore one or two closed gates in the garden, because proceeding after having filled the 2 symbols, the level finished. In fact there is a switch really 2 steps before finishing the level. I image it opens the yellow gate? I've no will to remake the entire level now eheh, but tomorrow I'll see better.
Anyway I didn't find any solution about how to deactivate lasers too..