Kurtis Scout - Wings of Apocalypse

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

manarch2
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Kurtis Scout - Wings of Apocalypse

Post by manarch2 » 16 Jan 2012 14:07

OK I finished this level but I also don't know how to deactivate the lasers.

manarch2
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by manarch2 » 16 Jan 2012 14:39

And I am missing two secrets in the second level (or are there 8 in the first?), found one in the trophy room, one in the graveyard, one in the pool at the end of the parcours and one in the dinner room

Jay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Jay » 16 Jan 2012 14:48

OK, just left Lara parked in a bus shelter and rushed over here to ask where to light the torch.

By the way, although I didn't actually find anything to pick up in the sea, I did get the secret chime at one point and it is showing in my stats.

Edit: :bestplay: Obviously I was far too busy pushing a block down that narrow alley to notice the great big burning brazier at the end. :hammer:
Time may be a great healer
but it's a lousy beautician

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 16 Jan 2012 17:22

Gerty, thank you for merging the two threads. :)

I have a lit torch now. But.....up the storeroom ladder where you open the grate with the crowbar, Lara won't make it to the swing pole??? I tried several running jumps but she falls short. I dropped down instead and retrieved the third bronze shield but can't seem to make it across - I assume I am supposed to go this way?

manarch2
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by manarch2 » 16 Jan 2012 17:44

If it doesn't work, try stepping back just from the edge and then jump up once or twice, then runjump and hopefully grab the pole.

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 16 Jan 2012 17:50

_manarch2 wrote:If it doesn't work, try stepping back just from the edge and then jump up once or twice, then runjump and hopefully grab the pole.
Sorry I misunderstand you. Step back slightly then jump up and down a few times? If I then run I will go off the edge...lol :blush: :lol:

manarch2
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by manarch2 » 16 Jan 2012 18:03

Don't step back slightly, press back and Lara will step back one tile.

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 16 Jan 2012 18:16

It's one tile wide so she takes two runs then a jump as she normally would but won't grab - maybe I will try running from around the corner? What's so problematic is that I can't save, obviously, so each time I had to start from the checkpoint again. At least now I have used the crowbar on the door in the yard below so am a bit nearer to the ladder!

Alarable

Post by Alarable » 16 Jan 2012 18:57

High Priestess,

I was stuck there for some time.
I now have the pistols.

How to make the jump:

Walk to the edge.
Hop back (tap back key)
Press Forward Key
& Immediately press Jump Key

Lara runs two steps then
jumps on third. She will jump from the edge.
Don't forget to grab the pole.

It might take a few tries but you'll get it.

Pablito_it

Post by Pablito_it » 16 Jan 2012 19:40

_manarch2 wrote:And I am missing two secrets in the second level (or are there 8 in the first?), found one in the trophy room, one in the graveyard, one in the pool at the end of the parcours and one in the dinner room
There are 7 secrets in the first level (one is a ghost without shield :D ) and 5 secrets in the second.......all are very easy :2thumbsup:

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 16 Jan 2012 20:08

Alarable wrote:High Priestess,

I was stuck there for some time.
I now have the pistols.

How to make the jump:

Walk to the edge.
Hop back (tap back key)
Press Forward Key
& Immediately press Jump Key

Lara runs two steps then
jumps on third. She will jump from the edge.
Don't forget to grab the pole.

It might take a few tries but you'll get it.
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I have been doing :bigcry: I have never had a problem with these kinds of straightforward jumps before. I always walk to the edge if it is a bit of an angled corner (likely to make her jump in the wrong direction), and sort of figured it out with a curve if needed. But this is supposedly a straightforward run and jump and grab but she falls short every time! She jumps towards the pole and just doesn't make it, then crashes into the yard with a broken neck - just like I will be doing if I can't get on that pole LOL!

I can see why folks might assume I am doing something wrong because everyone else seems to have managed it but I am very adept at these basic moves. The pole seems too far away and what is more it IS too far away because she just does not reach it by an inch and falls down! I have tried pressing Ctrl immediately after jumping and even left it until the last minute etc....it just isn't working for me and I can't keep climbing up time after time just to mess up again. I can't honestly see why it is not working for me - I even tested my Ctrl button again by dangling her off the edge! :bomb:

SteeleRaider

Post by SteeleRaider » 16 Jan 2012 20:29

Re- High Priestess

What has worked for me is standing in the corner of the railings and angle slightly left with a regular 3 step jump. Aim for just to the right of center of the pole. I agree the bus stop save is a pain! I've done that jump a bunch of times because I'm trying to jump onto the fire escape ledges on the bldg across the street, No luck so far!

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 16 Jan 2012 21:16

High Priestess - that last instruction is the most important...press the forward key and immediately hit jump.
Of doggie candle fame!

TheBoo

Post by TheBoo » 16 Jan 2012 21:36

There's a medpack behind a gate at the end of the obstacle course...haven't found any way to open it. Is it dependent on a timed run through the obstacle course?

mbvl

Post by mbvl » 16 Jan 2012 22:59

I have the crowbar, I have used the battery to gain access to (what I think is) the sewer. I get to what looks like a crowbar door, but it won't open. There are also doors to the subway(?) that look like crowbar doors, but no joy there either. And I haven't found the motel key.
Mark