players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Titak - Mists of Avalon - First Clues

Post by vimmers » 09 May 2012 13:20

from walktrough
If you want an extra pick up, drop from this tunnel down on the rocks then jump to the crack N and shimmy all the way right, pull up at the end, jump over a lava pit and get the Large Medipack and Desert Ranger ammo.

Go back and at the end of the shimmy jump to the opposite side (tap the down key). Jump back onto the moving platform and jump into the tunnel (S) and now follow through, up a slope and at the end to the moving platform W. Next is the N, the one on the right then another to the W, NW and onto the floor NW.

MrJavi94
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MrJavi94 » 09 May 2012 15:07

moonliteshadow wrote:Hi I just can't make this jump. I've got to the first platform, jumped over to the shimmy and got the first aid and ammo and now I've made my way through the cave/tunnel to the ledge that I have to jump to the next platform from. I have tried all sorts of jumps. I went back to the balcony and tried to come through again but it's made no difference. Am I missing something. I'm really enjoying this game and I don't want to give up now :cry:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is indeed a bug! I had gone back to the balcony but then decided to go all the way back to the end of "good". I also didn't go and get the ammo and the first aid kit. The platform is now accessible phew!!!! After all that time trying to reach that platform that was not where it was supposed to be :hammer:

If it's the jump I'm thinking right now, I would suggest to jump in the very last moment. Feel free to watch my speedrun of that level, maybe it would help you. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrczhYGLu3s

Linden
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Linden » 28 Jul 2012 17:12

vimmers wrote:tersvenn you don't say where you are but
if you are inside the mansion and in main hall
then you can't get it
read the secrets readme coming with the zip file
Wow, Titak built a bug similar that i made in my first level (10 years ago, lol) where you couldnt get something you needed, if you passed a certain point of the level!!!!! Cant believe this!!!

I have to quit the level here! Sorry to say Titak, but the leve has been really boring so far, ... good looking but boring.
Its kind of sad cause Titak's earlier levels were great.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 28 Jul 2012 21:27

why quit cos you miss a secret
only thing are that if you collect all secrets you get a reward
and i will not call it a bug several levels has that built that way
example are all taras levels
and egypt and beyond by qrs
etc

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 30 Jul 2012 21:59

That bronze shield is used in the mansion level to get another secret, so no gamekiller.

The later secret crosses will give you a bonus secret only, so nothing to do with gameplay. You should have looked better.

Linden
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Linden » 11 Aug 2012 19:37

Ok then. :roll:

Does anyone have a savegame to get out from the mansion ... im sick of running around there.

Isis

Post by Isis » 28 Dec 2013 11:07

Ewil wrote:
Requiemsoul wrote:Merry Christmas!
I can't view the Notes, Load Game or Save Game Screens... :cry: Anybody know how to fix this?. Thanks!. :)
I can't get them to work either. Everytime I enter one of them, the game freezes. Resolution doesn't solve it. Other than that it runs fine.
Having played this wonderful game on my old Vista PC with no problem at all, I'd like to play it again but on my Win 8 Pc I'm now having the same problems as Requiemsoul and Ewil. I can save and load but only using the top save game unless I have it in window mode (in setup) but that makes Lara short and fat! Also I can't view the PDA objects (game freezes until I press Esc) but again it is fine with window ticked. Was a solution ever found for this? If not no worries, I'll just have to get used to Lara being fat (too much Christmas turkey perhaps? :D )

Edit: No can't use window mode, pressing Esc to view inventory crashes the game. :(
Friends of Felines Rescue Centre http://www.ustream.tv/ffrc

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 29 Dec 2013 11:20

you can try this patch
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/vista/patch.html
yes i know its to vista and xp but give it a try

Isis

Post by Isis » 29 Dec 2013 18:20

Thanks Vimmers but I already have that patch. :)
Friends of Felines Rescue Centre http://www.ustream.tv/ffrc

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 29 Dec 2013 18:36

The problem with Mists of Avalon not working in WIN8 as well as most (or all) other customlevels using PIX folders for save/load/inventory- read-objects (e.g. Aqua Sahrym, King Arthur Project, Braveheart's Sword) is due to an inadequate script.dat file for Windows8. Since I have never built a level, I cannot explain the mechanics involved. In order for Mists of Avalon to work, Titak must create a new script.dat file exclusively for Windows 8 as MagPlus did for TR Redemption and Lynus for Hogwarts Ruins (both of which have the same PIX folder procedures and do work in WIN8).

You do not need a patch because if the level editor can be installed then it works (install it with compatibility mode for Windows Vista).

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 27 Jan 2014 11:29

Hey. Does anybody have stored savegames from the game? I need to return to it for a moment 8) I especially need Croft Manor: Downstairs/Upstairs/Basement or The Lost Realm, because I already found other keyframes GD's walkthru :)
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 27 Jan 2014 18:41

sorry
just a week ago i deleted all my tr games around 100gb

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 28 Jan 2014 05:47

Wow that sounds like a seriously emergency need for disk space :D Never mind, I got them already :)
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

Selene_69

Post by Selene_69 » 03 May 2014 20:49

Hi!

I'm stuck really early in the game, and I need help!
I'm still in the first training room, at the part where I have to pass the two bars successively (where you have to side, jump, grab the bar, jump, slide, jump, grab the bar and jump before arriving to the other side of the room). My issue is that when I jump after sliding, I do a dive jump, can't grab the bar and crash on the floor, dying. The thing is, I already played this level last year, and I know I did that part right, but now I can't do it again.

(the part I'm talking about can be found here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FRNGOZ2vjg at 3min41)

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 07 May 2014 21:32

Maybe you slide too far before you jump?
Would be better if you posted your savegame here.
That way someone could help you through that part