South Pacific Contest - Blood Mountain

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Anna27
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

South Pacific Contest - Blood Mountain

Post by Anna27 » 09 Mar 2011 17:39

Can you help me to get this secret? This timed run is very short.
Reverse roll and run forward. Slide a short distance down a rocky slope, then jump off and grab the monkey swing. Quickly swing forward while angling to your left. Don't try to go all the way to the end of the monkey swing surface, but as you're nearing the end turn squarely to your left to hug the wall. Release and immediately hit the action key again to grab the wall. Shift to your right until you're near the south wall, then climb up and then pull up onto the ledge. Turn to your left and jump over the short hill.
The wall torch is a problem, because it prevents you from lining up squarely with the rope to make a jump over to the east ledge. You're going to have to do the best you can, taking a slightly angled running jump from either side of the wall torch. You won't have time to adjust Lara on the rope, so slide down to the bottom, swing forward and jump off toward the ledge, making a mid-air correction if necessary. An even better way is to make a curving left to right running jump after you've jumped over the short hill. When you've accomplished a safe landing, run into the east opening but stop before stepping on the row of tiles with the little black holes. Stand just in front of the first tile in the row and save your game again. When you step on it you'll initiate a cascading series of spike traps, and the timed door will close to prevent you from triggering and retreating. Hop back twice and then run forward, using the sprint key. Just before you reach the last tile, release the sprint key and jump forward over the lava pit to grab the edge of the facing ledge. Shimmy to your left and pull up to avoid taking damage from the swinging blade trap. Turn to your left and jump over the second blade. If there's a way to avoid loss of health here, I couldn't find it. Go the pedestal and take the second GOLDEN ROSE for SECRET #11.
Attachments
savegame.0
(15.81 KiB) Downloaded 155 times

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: South Pacific Contest - Blood Mountain

Post by vimmers » 09 Mar 2011 18:59

here u go
and i didn't used the monkeyswing
but managed to grab the sloped block just over the ms
i tried but couldn't reach the door that way so maybe the walktrough shall be changed
so now u have plenty of time in front of the door
Attachments
savegame.2
(15.81 KiB) Downloaded 159 times

Anna27
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Anna27 » 10 Mar 2011 09:30

Thank you.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 11 Mar 2011 14:03

I've replayed this section, and vimmers is absolutely correct. The trickiest part is making that precise curved jump so that you can grab the upper ledge, but once you've accomplished that the rest can be done without any particular rush. I'll amend the walkthrough to point out the "easier" way (courtesy of vimmers) while leaving in the "harder" way (as set forth in Anna27's post above) for those who like a real challenge.

TOWER

Post by TOWER » 23 Mar 2011 14:20

can't use my savefiles in this level? game only crash? whats wrong?

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 23 Mar 2011 16:29

if i remember right u are 1 of those there use levelmanneger is that right ?
then i cant help u
first can u start a new game
second and i have to know how u installed the game

TOWER

Post by TOWER » 23 Mar 2011 18:04

vimmers. never use level manneger. i have install spc-blood mountain in tr level editor.
data file english file script file. my computer have windows 7.

Mytly
Keen Eye of the Week
Keen Eye of the Week

Post by Mytly » 23 Mar 2011 23:08

The SPC levels should be played with their own patched exe. You are not supposed to use them with the level editor. Did you download the SPC package? There's a link on every SPC level page.

TOWER

Post by TOWER » 24 Mar 2011 12:54

thanks mytly. i have downloud spc-package now. can play the level again with savefiles.

manarch2
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by manarch2 » 14 Jul 2012 12:34

Just finished this level and as I wanted to play the last seconds again to make a screenshot, I cannot load any saves of this level. Made no usage of the level manager.
savegame.9
(15.81 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
If anyone is able to use that save, can he/she make a stat screen for me? I finished all contest levels now, so I won't have to use it again.