QRS-Egypt and beyond 2-Lair of the serpents

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

tersvenn
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: QRS-Egypt and beyond 2-Lair of the serpents

Post by tersvenn » 23 Sep 2009 19:48

Million thanks Scottie. You saved me again :)
Indians comes from India :biggrin:

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 17 Nov 2009 18:13

This is how the walkthrough goes:

"Head over to the central skeleton-lever and use it to conjure up a Dragon Mask in the nine levers room above. Leave the room via the south gate and go left in the passage. Make your way to the end of the passage, then go left and head to the end of the passage. Stop at the end of the passage, look up and spot the higher passage inside the hole in the ceiling and pull up into it. Nip into the south passage and head immediately right into the nine levers room. Now head over to central pedestal and collect the Dragon Mask from the pedestal.
When you take the dragon mask, a cut-scene will show you the water level rising back in the pool at the start of the level. The transporter is also activated and it's ready to zap you out of here. But first we will take a short detour for the final secret in this level.
(...)
Nip down from the secret room and make your way back up to the heptagon room, but don't enter it. Run past the heptagon room, make your way to the end of the passage and head straight through the golden gate. Go left into the next passage, make your way through the railed passages and go right down the east wall slope. At the bottom of the slope, drop into the water-hole, swim down the stepped passage and make your way to the end. Pull out of the water, head to the next water-hole and dive in. Swim down through the sandy passage, enter the pool and swim up to the top. Now pull out on the east ledge, run ahead into the transporter and Lara will be taken back to The Aqueduct."

Well, after the snakes puzzle, I can't get the mask from the room above, instead I have to get it from the skeleton. itself and I get no cut scene showing me the water rising anywhere. In fact, the water doesn't rise. There's also a skeleton lever I haven't used (I think) inside the cage upstaits and there's a trapdoor in the serpents room that doesn't open and I don't know what it's for. Meaning I'll have to use the save provided in the wrath of the wraiths section, anyway. Such a shame!

QRS
Admin
Admin

Post by QRS » 18 Nov 2009 04:10

Upload a save, Jorge. You have probably forgotten to use the lever that makes the mask visible. It is very easy to miss. There are no way the cutscene will not play if you have grabbed the mask. (a flyby)

Upload a savefile and I will save you the trouble of using an older save. :angel:
Currently playing: Babylon Is Fallen

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 18 Nov 2009 16:42

Here you go. You just have to push the skeleton lever and then you'll get no mask from the room above but you'll get it from right where you are. And no cut scene that way. Anyway, I wasn't precisely following the walkthrough safe from time to time, so when I should have insisted on jumping to the lava pool to get the pentagram I stopped, thinking something else should be done before I could get it. And I really don't want to go back to a much earlier save and do everything over again. So, I did use the save I mentioned, with the three pentagrams in Limbo, took a quick look at the Tribute and moved on the runaway train. This way I ended up missing a few extra levels and a bit of the aqueduct too. But that's life... I'm leaving you the save so that you can check it out, anyway. Cheers!
Attachments
savegame.2
(33.78 KiB) Downloaded 130 times

QRS
Admin
Admin

Post by QRS » 18 Nov 2009 21:22

As I suspected, you had missed one switch. A very common misstake. Nothing is wrong and you can keep playing using your save if you want.
Here are two saves:

The first one is where the switch is which reveals the mask. The way back is via the trapdoor you mentioned earlier ;)

The second save is so you can grab the mask and go on.

The path to the switch you missed is in the passage which you emptied of water much earlier (but backtracking takes about 1-2 min only so it is not far away). You get one gem there and very often people fail to see the path to that switch. It is clearly visible but even I forget about it sometimes haha.

If you chose to go on using your other save, I can only say that it gets less confusing when the train level starts. Just traight forward and no back and forth kind of level ;)
Attachments
savegame.3
(33.86 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
savegame.2
(33.84 KiB) Downloaded 125 times

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 19 Nov 2009 00:13

Thanks a bunch. I'm in Tinnos now. But I may well try and go back just to see what it's all like.

Katamaran

Post by Katamaran » 01 Jan 2010 13:56

QRS wrote:
Yes, the adventure is NOT tested with the level manager and bugs seems to happen if you used it!
How did you solve the problems with the levelmanager? Would be good to know as I want to contact Paolone about possible buts etc.
Paolone solved in advance such problems.

In his last version (TRLM 2009) he added a feature in the tools to be used to edit savegames (generally used to tweak the game by adding weapons, or adding keys you did not fond previously, or repositioning Lara).
It is called: SPECIAL NG - remove all SPECIAL characteristics (I use the Italian version, so my translation might not be exact).

Use this feature on the savegame in "Lair of the serpents" and Lara will have back her control on weapons.

Since I have read from time to time various opinions on savegames tweakings, may I just add my opinion on the tools offered by Paolone to tweak the game.

Apart from helping kids (my 13 years old daughter likes playing complicated levels, but she need a bit of help: say unlimited medipacks and a crossbow with unlimited explosive ammo and lasersight), nonlinear players (those that explore the levels out of the "official" walkthrough or out of the game as imagined by the level author), get some needed help.
Nowadays level authors tend to "block" cornerbugs and other methods that are sometimes available to the player in order to explore areas which are not supposed to be available to players: imagine a level that has originally been programmed for playing at street level, exploring it from the roofs.
You get the real beauty of the programmer's work: he/she intended the level to be seen/played from a specific point of view, and nevertheless it IS actually wonderful seen from a different point of view.
And you play the game much longer than expected, exploring a much wider area than originally foreseen.

As I see it, these tools are a set of added features to the levels, not moral violations to game rules.

sofia7

Post by sofia7 » 22 Feb 2010 12:37

Egypt and Beyond -The lair of the serpents
Hi ,
Could I have a help for the puzzle in Egypt and Beyond /The lair of the serpents/the serpent Level and Dragon Mask.
I can't make the central pillar lower to revealed the skeleton-lever.
See my save .
Thanks for your save.
Sofia7
Attachments
savegame.1
Lara is at the door of the heptagon room
(33.66 KiB) Downloaded 155 times

Mytly
Keen Eye of the Week
Keen Eye of the Week

Post by Mytly » 22 Feb 2010 13:02

What's the problem, exactly? :huh: The puzzle is very simple - just go around the circle, using each lever once, and the pillar will lower. Just make sure you don't step on the grey tile at the back end of the room, or the puzzle will be reset. :wink:

rjb
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by rjb » 22 Feb 2010 14:53

I wonder :think: if you did step on that grey tile w/o realising its importance :D.
Jesus says: "Come to Me, all you who are weary and heavy-laden, and I shall give you rest."[Matt 11:28]

QRS
Admin
Admin

Post by QRS » 22 Feb 2010 17:22

Yes, I could have done that reset tile a bit more obvious. On the other hand there is a walkie and the puzzle is very well known if you have played tr4 :)

Just start with one switch and go clockwise until it is solved. (Works anti clockwise too)

BTW, it is sad that they made it so simple actually and you can't change it :( And it really hard to setup and takes loads or resources! In other words, it is kind of pointless to have in a level :lol: But hey, I wanted to try it :D

sofia7

Post by sofia7 » 22 Feb 2010 19:32

No problems now ,i did this puzzle .
perhaps i had a bug .
It is very simple.
sofia 7 :wink:

tombanne

Post by tombanne » 06 Apr 2011 03:37

Hi, I´m stuck at the movable-block puzzle room. I climbed through the triangular space, pulled the block over, climbed back out, went to the north end of the corridor where there´s a little hump in the floor...tried and tried to jump up and pull up to the top of the high wall, but just won´t grab. Savegame or idea anyone?

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 06 Apr 2011 03:53

Hi Tombanne and welcome to the forum! You are playing one of the best games out there and I hope you're having fun! It's been too long since I played it to be much help, but here's a link to the walkthrough which will be of some help: http://www.trle.net/walk/2025.htm
Of doggie candle fame!

cbr1

Post by cbr1 » 19 Jun 2016 10:27

Hello,

i cant use the guns and i would like to continue.

Someone has a save please.
Attachments
savegame.14
my save
(39.13 KiB) Downloaded 70 times