Taras - Legio VI Victrix - Bonus Level

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

BatGirl

Taras - Legio VI Victrix - Bonus Level

Post by BatGirl » 01 Oct 2008 22:35

The walkthru for the above-referenced level indicates that you come to a room in the Bonus Level where there is a floor block and floating platforms that blink in and out of existence (as if everything else wasn't hard enough! :lol: ).

It goes on vaguely to say that you need only jump on top the floor block (actually the best way is to stand where it was, and when it blinks back in you are magically on top of it saving time trying to jump onto in and get into position to jump to the first blinking platform! :idea: ), jump to those floating platforms, and get to the ledges (sounds so simple, eh? NOT! :annoyed: ).

Next, it says that there is a German walkthrough has some hints, but frankly the writer thinks this is something you have to work out as you do it and that it takes a lot of time to accomplish... cryptic to say the least :argue: .

I guess my question is - has anyone worked out the sequence of jumps to these *blinking* platforms on their own (a map would be real nice), or even still - has anyone translated the German version into English? Either way, I sure would appreciate the help.

So far in this totally unfair insane game, I've had to download a freaking savegame FOUR times just to get past:
1) Knights of the Round Table - Part II three times for: the area with those floating glowing yellow sloping platforms with impossible jumps; to get past that slope-to-slope bouncing with the ceiling block from heck to get to the ice caves; and the dual swinging blades.
2) Knights of the Round Table - Part III once for: the rope swing to the wall jump switch at the waterfall.
We find consulations, we learn tricks with which we deceive ourselves, but the essential thing - the way - we do not find. Listen to the river.

dmdibl

Post by dmdibl » 02 Oct 2008 16:43

I apologize for the vague walk-through at this point. I tried so many things with the blinking platforms that it was hard for me to remember exactly what I had done. Some other players will probably be helpful in explaining the optimum sequence.

You are essentially done with the game. All that remains after this room is picking up the "Dust in the Wind" from a tiny mirror room, a brief swim, you place the "Dust in the Wind" and a gate opens and Lara exits as music plays. Finish.

So if you consider the blinking platforms to be too irksome you can always decide this is the end of the game.

I notice from your post that you did get by the burner slopes (KotRT-part 1) and that you managed the timed run underneath those glowing yellow floating platforms, so you have accomplished quite a bit.

You can use Google translate on the German walk-through. Though it's very easy German (...sorry, couldn't resist).

I was really annoyed with this game when I finished it, but I do look back on it rather fondly.

BatGirl

Post by BatGirl » 05 Oct 2008 15:42

Thanks for the reply... and now that it is QUITE FRESH in my mind, here goes:

Start at the the floor block by jumping on it, move over to the edge facing the first floating blinking platform (fbp) and side step over to the left side but exactly one shoe width from the left corner. It blinks out during all this but keep standing where it was, and when it blinks back in you are magically on top of it saving time trying to jump onto in and now have gotten into position to jump to the first blinking platform at the sopt where you need to. Jump and grab just as it blinks back into existence, pull up, and do a hooking run to the right and jump/grab the next fbp. Again pull up, do a running jump across this fbp like you are going for the next highest fbp before it blinks out but when you jump, do a walk/jump dive to the platform below - you'll land right at the far edge of this fbp. Do a jump back, then run jump to the first lower ledge between the two columns ahead. Grab and pull up - you have made it past the hard part! After you pull up facing the wall you'll be doing a hooking jump around the column on your left. Do that and begin shooting all gates on the upper level that you can see using the shotgun and look button - shoot ALL that you can. Now, from this ledge is a fbp that you'll need to jump on but pick a spot so you can do a running jump to the other side of it, do a jump and grab and pull up on the next fbp, again do the same to the next one, and finally to the first ledge of the upper level, and all of this QUICKLY as these things blink out fast! Once on the first upper ledge, pull the lever, and shoot as many gates that are left as you can just like you did from below. Once finished, you'll see the next fbp between the upper ledge you're on and the one in the next corner of the room (counter clockwise looking from above). Do a running jump grab from the ledge to that fbp, run across it and jump/grab the next corner's upper ledge. Again pull the lever, shoot any remaining gates, and proceed to the next corner's upper ledge the same way as you did this one, and finally to the last one, pulling the lever in each. Now getting down in one piece! I did a jump to those first set of fbp between the first and last upper ledges. Then do a safe drop to the floor and proceed on with the level :2thumbsup:
We find consulations, we learn tricks with which we deceive ourselves, but the essential thing - the way - we do not find. Listen to the river.