Osvaldo - The Temple of Seth - Desierto del Submundo

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Doggett D. McDogg

Re: Osvaldo - The Temple of Seth - Desierto del Submundo

Post by Doggett D. McDogg » 18 Oct 2018 04:59

I waiting ^^ do not worry, and thank you so much!
But we have a problem... I have only this Save State... :(

Anyway, level jumps can be used ^^ North + Load Game + H + E + L + P

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 18 Oct 2018 06:02

in save folder create a new folder called Desierto del Submundo
copy all your save and treps into that new folder
now you can go on
and if you will go back just copy your treps and saves back
remember to create a new folder with the name where you come to
and this way you will always could help others if they are stuck
and provide a save to them

Doggett D. McDogg

Post by Doggett D. McDogg » 18 Oct 2018 16:12

The hole is appeared!! I know what the problem is!!
I did not find out but a Youtube user.
You have to start the DESIERTO DEL SUBMUNDO level.
The hole appears when you arrive at the scorpions room, darts and 3 Floor Levers.
You do not have to kill the enemies apparently. As the Youtube user told me.
The trapdoor will open in the room with lava and stairs.
After doing this the hole should be open.

This must be written in the Walkthrough, for everyone! :2thumbsup:

The problem is that I have to continue from here with the 0/70 Secrets counter...

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 19 Oct 2018 02:24

Doggett D. McDogg wrote:
18 Oct 2018 16:12
The problem is that I have to continue from here with the 0/70 Secrets counter...
why ???

Doggett D. McDogg

Post by Doggett D. McDogg » 19 Oct 2018 02:51

vimmers wrote:
19 Oct 2018 02:24
Doggett D. McDogg wrote:
18 Oct 2018 16:12
why ???
because I put New Game and I used the code to skip the levels
Just to try the level again. And the problem is those scorpions that must not be killed.

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 19 Oct 2018 07:08

I killed the scorpions and still got the hole, and I believe Jose did too. I don't think the correct solution is not killing the scorpions.

At that location you must walk to the end of the room everywhere around the 3 floor levers to activate something besides opening the trapdoor with the 3 floor levers. That is probably the trick. I tested that for something at the beginning of July, and if I did not walk on the correct pixels/rocks there around the floor levers avoiding the darts, the correct action did not happen (I don't remember what it was).

Try that with the save you were stuck on. You can go there AFTER the prison level.

Doggett D. McDogg

Post by Doggett D. McDogg » 19 Oct 2018 18:01

TombTitan wrote:
19 Oct 2018 07:08
I killed the scorpions and still got the hole, and I believe Jose did too. I don't think the correct solution is not killing the scorpions.

At that location you must walk to the end of the room everywhere around the 3 floor levers to activate something besides opening the trapdoor with the 3 floor levers. That is probably the trick. I tested that for something at the beginning of July, and if I did not walk on the correct pixels/rocks there around the floor levers avoiding the darts, the correct action did not happen (I don't remember what it was).

Try that with the save you were stuck on. You can go there AFTER the prison level.
Mmmm I have no idea. :/
However, in my walkthrough I will do it this way.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 19 Oct 2018 18:14

well only if the yt user have right :D

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 20 Oct 2018 04:45

Out of real curiosity over this "secrets hole" issue, I downloaded the game today on my laptop even though I am more than a thousand miles from home. I also used the savegame Vimmers made for Suzanne in the Dentro del Octahedro level. I finished that level and started Desierto del Submundo. I used the 2 switches to get inside and then went back outside through the portal to use one switch to open the door permanently so that the switches do not have to be used again (that is not in the walkthrough even though I told Jose about that action Osvaldo put in the game).

I then went directly to the room with the 3 floor levers after the 4 ropes. I went straight to the NW far corner and then to the far NE corner. The 3 scorpions are moving there anyway and will follow you. That is all that needs to be done to open the hole to the last 2 secrets of this level. You do not need to use the floor levers (which open the trapdoor to get to the area of the stone key) to have access to the hole. I tested this by going back outside to the open hole with (trial #1) and without (trial #2) killing the scorpions and never using the 3 floor levers.

The NW moving scorpion activates the EW darts and one of the 2 scorpions moving to the NE corner activates the NS darts. The other one presumably activates the secrets hole even though there is no visual clue. I suppose you could call it an easter egg since the wall picture in the secret is the same as the wall picture in the true easter egg of the lava river level.

The only thing that needs to be added to the walkthrough is:

"As soon as you enter this room from the lava ropes, go directly to the far NW corner and then to the far NE corner. The scorpions will follow you. Try to avoid being bit until they reach the corners. ......"

Players who play without using a walkthrough should have no trouble getting the hole to open, as Jose and I played exploring everywhere for actions and clues. Those players who want the fastest possible run through in the game with the fewest enemies could encounter Doggett's problem. Also, there is a known bug in this level with the secret counter which Jose got. So it is still possible that Doggett's problem was more of a bug then killing the scorpions too fast. However, if you walk into this room and kill the first scorpion you see, the rest will come to you and may not reach the two far corners.

The 3 secrets of this level can be obtained before being sent to the prison level, and there is no longer a need to return to Desierto del Submundo later in the game as in the walkthrough (assuming you get everything on the first run through this level). HOWEVER, it is best that you do NOT get these secrets until AFTER the prison level (as in the walkthrough) because the entire inventory is lost in the prison level.

Doggett D. McDogg

Post by Doggett D. McDogg » 20 Oct 2018 05:58

Understood Titan. Thanks for all this infos ^^
Thank you so much all for the help! This site is awesome!!! :bandana: